Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Kyle Lafferty

‘Lafferty is a big Jessie’ says Aberdeen FC’s McDonald

KYLE Lafferty can expect a slating from Rangers for diving against Aberdeen FC to get Charlie Mulgrew sent off.

It is understood Rangers will hit Lafferty, who was branded a ‘Jessie’ by Aberdeen FC midfielder Gary McDonald, with a £12,000 fine.

The SFA are also set to come down heavily on Lafferty after referee Stuart Dougal admitted he was conned.

Rangers will also insist Lafferty apologises for falling to the ground, pretending to be headbutted by Mulgrew.

Television evidence clears Mulgrew of any wrong doing and Dougal has admitted he got it wrong.

His U-turn will be explained in the referee’s report which was set to arrive at the SFA headquarters at Hampden today.

The report will reprieve Mulgrew and his red card will be rescinded, freeing him to face Hibs on Sunday in a game Aberdeen must win to keep their Euro hopes alive.

Aberdeen can still qualify for the Europa League, but must beat Hibs and hope Rangers defeat fourth placed Dundee United.

But furious Dons midfielder Gary McDonald slated Lafferty.

McDonald said: “The red card to Charlie was an absolute joke. It should never have been a sending off.â€

:lolabove:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fear not fellow reds, all is well in the world of Scottish football as Lafferty has apologised on the Huns official website [ see article below]. How many of us are stpuid enough to actually beleive that it was written by him or that he actually means it.

Expect the whole thing to be swept under the carpet now >:(

Lafferty went down easily in the 17th minute when Mulgrew remonstrated with him on the Govan Stand touchline after the Rangers player had tackled him which led to referee Stuart Dougal sending off the Aberdeen player.

Rangers have fined Lafferty for his actions and have expressed their severe disappointment over his behaviour.

Lafferty has vowed to apologise personally to Mulgrew for the way he behaved.

In a statement to the official web site Lafferty said: "I want to apologise for my actions in Saturday's match with Aberdeen.

"It was something I should not have done and I deeply regret what happened.

"I will make a personal apology to Charlie Mulgrew because he should not have been sent off.

"I also want to apologise to the referee and his assistants. It is difficult enough for officials to handle important SPL matches without me making it more difficult by behaving the way I did.

"I also totally accept that I have let down the club and the supporters.

"There are standards at Rangers Football Club that need to be upheld and I have fallen way below these standards.

"What I did was wrong and I would like to say sorry to the supporters because they should expect better from a Rangers player.

"Their backing on Saturday was fantastic - as it has been all season - and for me to behave the way I did was completely wrong."

"There are standards at Rangers Football Club that need to be upheld and I have fallen way below these standards.

Having just re read that part of the statement I would disagree and say he has most definitely upheld the gutter standards of all thing RFC

It makes no difference. we still lost.  :hammer:

Exactly! All the apologies in the world make hee haw difference.  What annoys me the most about it is that we were dominating possesion when it happened (still did after too but not to the same extent) and i think we would have scored one maybe even two if it had been 11 v 11 for all of the first half. 

Lafferty fined as Dons lodge Mulgrew red card appeal

rangers manager punishes apologetic forward – and sfa may also do so

By Paul Third

Published: 19/05/2009

Aberdeen yesterday lodged their appeal against Charlie Mulgrew’s red card at Ibrox as the fall-out from Rangers forward Kyle Lafferty’s shameful display gained pace.

Rangers manager Walter Smith yesterday fined Lafferty for his simulation.

The player pretended he had been butted by Mulgrew and dramatically threw himself to the ground.

Referee Stuart Dougal, in his final appearance as a match official, sent off Mulgrew.

Lafferty may still face punishment from the SFA but the former Burnley player will be free to play in the final game of the season as Rangers bid to clinch the title at Dundee United.

Mulgrew will discover this week whether the Dons appeal is successful, but his manager Jimmy Calderwood expects the process to be a formality following referee Dougal’s admission he was wrong.

Calderwood said: “Stuart was honest enough to admit he got it wrong afterwards and that diffused the situation as far as I was concerned. I was disappointed at the decision at the time, but I am sure the correct decision will be made to clear Charlie and let him play against Hibs on Sunday.

“I was disappointed in Lafferty’s actions. The sad thing is he actually played well on the day, but his manager Walter Smith, Ally McCoist and Ian Durrant all apologised to me following the game for the player’s behaviour.

“They were disgusted by his actions and couldn’t believe he had done it – it was so out of character for him. We all make mistakes and I am sure he regrets what he did now, but my only concern is ensuring we have Charlie available.â€

Rangers, who yesterday launched an appeal of their own against the red card shown to defender Madjid Bougherra for his foul on Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield in the 2-1 win against the Dons, moved swiftly to sanction Lafferty.

The 21-year-old said: “I want to apologise for my actions. It was something I should not have done and I deeply regret it.

“I will make an apology to Charlie Mulgrew because he should not have been sent off. I also want to apologise to the referee and his assistants. It is difficult enough for officials to handle important SPL matches without me making it more difficult by behaving the way I did.

“I also totally accept I have let down the club and the supporters. There are standards at Rangers which need to be upheld and I have fallen way below these standards.

“What I did was wrong and I would like to say sorry to the supporters because they should expect better.â€

I'm sorry, but JC is truly bumming up to the OF here. Its not like him, he played well...wtf...he cheated, he didn't have a good game. How can you protect a scum bag like him? Too little too late as FJ rightly points out, it means nothing, we still lost the game. I hope the SFA (like WM said) make an example of him.

I dont think fans of most SPL clubs will let it be forgotten next season either

The SFA could use the same UEFA rule that banned Mikoliunas from international games for 2 games after his dive against Scotland, although 6 games should be more like it for the cheating rat cunt

Surely the only suitable punishment is that a dons player of our choice is allowed to headbutt Lafferty at any random point during the next match against the blue meenies and receive nothing but a round of applause.

of course the chosen player wouldnt be revealed until the deed is done which will make lafferty shit himself the entire game. Be great if langfield decked him just in a one on one situation.

Surely the only suitable punishment is that a dons player of our choice is allowed to headbutt Lafferty at any random point during the next match against the blue meenies and receive nothing but a round of applause.

of course the chosen player wouldnt be revealed until the deed is done which will make lafferty shit himself the entire game. Be great if langfield decked him just in a one on one situation.

:clap:

That is the first thing that has made me smile all day  :thumbsup:

Can someone tell me why they are considering Buggerers appeal?

Load of fucking nonsense.  Went in, two feet, off the ground, at our keepers head.  Certainly some referees may have given a yellow but given there is no argument that it was a foul they are appealing on the grounds of interpretation of the rules, which I thought wasn't a valid cause?

Guest Nellie The Don

why do i get the feeling hes going to get off with a warning  :wanker::doh:

BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING HUN, AND THAT IS WHAT HAPPENS TO HUNS.

BASTARDS.

Guest Nellie The Don

Inability to use the quote function correctly.

Capslock

You pissed?

Actually (and surprisingly), no.

The quote fuck-up was an accident, failing to delete stuff that I should have.

The capslock was intentional, because huns and their cheating and ability to get away with it simply because they are huns angers me, and I wanted to shout.

Aberdeen FC must follow Rangers’ lead

SFA chief Smith hits back

Published: 20/05/2009

GORDON Smith today told Willie Miller he expects him to follow the lead of Rangers should any Aberdeen FC players be guilty of ‘cheating’.

Rangers fined Kyle Lafferty for his theatrical fall and play-acting following a head-to-head with Charlie Mulgrew, after which the Aberdeen FC full-back was sent off.

Lafferty faces action from the SFA after referee Stuart Dougal referred the incident to a review panel convened by the governing body.

Dons football director Miller, writing in his exclusive Evening Express column on Monday, urged SFA chief executive Smith to ‘hammer’ Lafferty and back up his own campaign to rid the game of diving.

The SFA boss has faced opposition from FIFA in his attempts to introduce retrospective punishment for cheats, and he believes action from clubs is the way forward.

Smith took a swipe back at the Pittodrie legend by challenging him to be as strong as Rangers have been if any Dons players ever step out of line.

Smith said: “I would see it as real progress if clubs started to react to such behaviour when perpetrated by their own players.

“This would, in my opinion, clean up the game very quickly.

“In that respect, I think a great deal of credit should go to Rangers for the manner in which they have acted this week.

“While I cannot comment on the specifics of the incident in question, I certainly hope that this sets a precedent among clubs as to how to deal with simulation.

“From Willie Miller’s comments I feel he would now react in the same way if an Aberdeen player was ever guilty of such behaviour.â€

::)

Good god, will someone put a gun to that guy's head already. That or take his voicebox out because the amount of absolute tripe that comes out of his mouth is ridiculous. How long does he have left in office? I'm sorry Smith, but Aberdeen players do not cheat other professional, it is something that is taught within the enclaves of Stybrox...

:finger::haterangers::finger:

That has to be from the evening express.  In no part of it does it have a go at willie miller just references him because he had made his point about lafferty.  I think rangers have dealt with lafferty as they should have, big fine, publicly condemned him and made him apologise.  Not really much more that they could do, they are hardly going to cancel his contract.  What i think gordon smith is possibly getting at is that in our ranks lee miller is certainly prone to taking a tumble.  I dont for a second think that he would try anything on the scale of the rat faced hun cunt but given he's an aberdeen player and wont get anything like the protection from the sfa as a hun would i think Lee needs to be pretty carefull.

If you take away the EE hyperbole and simply read Smith's words I can't disagree with what he has said. I don't see him having a swipe at Aberdeen.

Exactly. I thought what he said was fine

I would see it as real progress if clubs started to react to such behaviour when perpetrated by their own players.

“This would, in my opinion, clean up the game very quickly.

“In that respect, I think a great deal of credit should go to Rangers for the manner in which they have acted this week.

“While I cannot comment on the specifics of the incident in question, I certainly hope that this sets a precedent among clubs as to how to deal with simulation.

“From Willie Miller’s comments I feel he would now react in the same way if an Aberdeen player was ever guilty of such behaviour.â€

That has to be from the evening express.  In no part of it does it have a go at willie miller just references him because he had made his point about lafferty.  I think rangers have dealt with lafferty as they should have, big fine, publicly condemned him and made him apologise.  Not really much more that they could do, they are hardly going to cancel his contract.  What i think gordon smith is possibly getting at is that in our ranks lee miller is certainly prone to taking a tumble.  I dont for a second think that he would try anything on the scale of the rat faced hun cunt but given he's an aberdeen player and wont get anything like the protection from the sfa as a hun would i think Lee needs to be pretty carefull.

As much as (big) Lee likes to fall over, he always seems to make the most of a little contact, never out-and-out cheating.

Guest ally s

Good god, will someone put a gun to that guy's head already. That or take his voicebox out because the amount of absolute tripe that comes out of his mouth is ridiculous. How long does he have left in office? I'm sorry Smith, but Aberdeen players do not cheat other professional, it is something that is taught within the enclaves of Stybrox...

:finger::haterangers::finger:

Easy tiger, remember Lee Miller against Hearts earlier in the season?

As much as (big) Lee likes to fall over, he always seems to make the most of a little contact, never out-and-out cheating.

Quality  ;D

Aye i know what your saying, i just think that after saturday our team is going to be scutinised for any possible infractions