Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Kyle Lafferty

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you expect him to see it?

It's not like he carries a tv around with him.

If only their were video screens at ibrox that show replays ::)

Anyhow, he shouldn't have even needed a replay, Charlie clearly tells him as he's going off that he didn't touch the Cunt, Calderwood shouldn't have needed anymore than that.

I have absolutely no doubt, that JC would have ripped into the ref/player/linesman/anyone if it had been against anyone except his beloved teddy bears.

I dont understand JC's urge to be nice about opposition players all the time. My mate is a Celtic supporter and he said that JC's interview after the Celtic game was cringe worthy the way he bummed up Celtic. He should spend more time defending/talking up the merits of our team imo and that should start with a condemnation of Lafferty and a defence of Charlie Mulgrew.

Guest fatshaft

Well, good to know what your priorities would be. Perhaps Calderwood had other things to do post match, no matter, not having seen it he's hardly likely to rip the cunt in a post match interview.

And yet he didn't think Boughera was a red despite not having seen it, or that the rugby lot were a disgrace for the state they left Pittodrie in, despite not having seen it at the time.

Not seeing things only stops Jimmy when it concerns Rangers

And yet he didn't think Boughera was a red despite not having seen it, or that the rugby lot were a disgrace for the state they left Pittodrie in, despite not having seen it at the time.

Not seeing things only stops Jimmy when it concerns Rangers

Have to agree with that.

Although I do like Jimmy i'd prefer a change in management, as long as it isn't a change for the sake of change. I'm realistic enough to know that as things stand the chances of him leaving are slim to none so will fully support him while he is here. Shit like yesterday makes my blood boil though.

Only Aberdeen fans could have turned Calderwood into the villain of the piece. Jesus wept. Really quite astounding.

I don't see where JC has suddenly become the villain? Jimmy who midweek said "British players don't go down with no contact" decides at the weekend not to hassle a player who acted worse than any of the Hearts players only several days before. I think we have a right to be annoyed.

I don't see where JC has suddenly become the villain? Jimmy who midweek said "British players don't go down with no contact" decides at the weekend not to hassle a player who acted worse than any of the Hearts players only several days before. I think we have a right to be annoyed.

I agree I was well pissed off with Jimmy in that interview - I was angry at half time that when the Rangers players were nipping the ref's head our precious captain was nowhere to be seen  :hammer: and in my opinion Jimmy should have sent Jimmy or Sandy to watch the replay of the sending off then used the fact that Lafferty cheated against us to motivate our players to get well stuck into them in the 2nd half

I'd hope that Jimmy changes his tune in the press after definitely having seen it. If not, he needs his head examined and p45 following him because it would do fuck all for team spirit if the manager backs a cheat on the opposition. But I will reserve judgement, though Jimmy's rant in midweek has come to bite him squarely in the nuts.

I wasn't at the game but I was under the impression that they only show replays at half time. At that point Jimmy would have been in the changing rooms with the players.

Which leads me to ask. Did they actually show a replay of the incident just after it happened?

I doubt they would be allowed to that.

Walter Smith had managed to see one.

I wasn't at the game but I was under the impression that they only show replays at half time. At that point Jimmy would have been in the changing rooms with the players.

Which leads me to ask. Did they actually show a replay of the incident just after it happened?

I doubt they would be allowed to that.

if the SPL is anything like the Permiership, stadium big screens are only allowed to show replays of goals.

It appeared to me that Mulgrew was saying that he didn't touch him as he came off, and Calderwood ignored him. Jimmy shouldn't need to see it again - if his player tells him that he didn't touch him (which even if I am wrong about my earlier interpretation, it is highly likely Charlie told him at half-time) then that should be enough. If the player then turns out to be lying then hit him with a bastard of a fine. But the manager has to be sticking up for our players - there shouldn't even have to be a discussion about this.

It appeared to me that Mulgrew was saying that he didn't touch him as he came off, and Calderwood ignored him. Jimmy shouldn't need to see it again - if his player tells him that he didn't touch him (which even if I am wrong about my earlier interpretation, it is highly likely Charlie told him at half-time) then that should be enough. If the player then turns out to be lying then hit him with a bastard of a fine. But the manager has to be sticking up for our players - there shouldn't even have to be a discussion about this.

I don't understand how with one viewing of the Lafferty incident and one viewing of the Bougherra incident he thoguht theres was harsh but said he'd need to see ours again.

I think a lot of credit has to be attributed to charlie mulgrew for how he conducted himself after he was red carded.  If that had been me i would have lost the plot big time and stamped as hard as i could on the fuckers knee.

As for JC i cant help but be a bit saddened that in the face of such a massive misjustice he is being so placid.  Can anyone even begin to imagine ferguson reacting that way?

know a lot of people on here dont like levein but at least he had the minerals to tell it like it was. 

Jimmy in the P&J says

We then had the sending off, which I am told was for nothing.

Kyle Lafferty should have been booked for the original tackle, but I do not know what happened after that.

There is a suggestion he was feigning injury. He could have been sent off instead of Charlie.

I like Stuart Dougal, even if we have had our run-ins over the years, but he is not afraid to admit he has made a mistake.

It was the assistant who made the decision, but I am sure they will look at it.

When did Jimmy write this, on the team bus? I find it a wee bit odd he was prepared to single out a Hearts player straight after a game without the benefit of a video replay yet he is being very diplomatic about this incident when the behaviour was worse. I am certainly not part of the JMG brigade but I do find this behaviour odd.

Jimmy in the P&J says

When did Jimmy write this, on the team bus? I find it a wee bit odd he was prepared to single out a Hearts player straight after a game without the benefit of a video replay yet he is being very diplomatic about this incident when the behaviour was worse. I am certainly not part of the JMG brigade but I do find this behaviour odd.

Can't find a flaw with your post.

Stuart Dougal admits mistakes? Is this the same Stuart Dougal who still claimed on Wednesday that the McDonald tackle on Wilkie was nothing?

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/1220164

Aberdeen defender Charlie Mulgrew’s red card at Ibrox will be rescinded after referee Stuart Dougal admitted he had been fooled by Rangers forward Kyle Lafferty.

Mulgrew was sent off in Saturday’s 2-1 defeat after Lafferty fell to the ground following a heated con-frontation between the pair.

Dougal, who is retiring at the end of the season, has reviewed the incident and his match report, which will be analysed by the SFA today, will reprieve Mulgrew.

The red card is likely to be overturned, which will allow the 23-year-old to play in the Dons’ final day push for qualification for the Europa League against Hibs at Pittodrie on Sunday.

Hearts’s 3-0 victory against Dundee United sealed third place for the Jambos, but Aberdeen can still finish fourth in the SPL if they beat Hibs and United lose to Rangers at Tannadice.

Dougal said: “I have now had the chance to review the Mulgrew and Lafferty incident on television. I have since e-mailed my views on the incident to the SFA and that contents must remain private until the SFA get time to consider the case.

“But, it is fair to say, like most people at the game, I thought Lafferty had been the victim of violent conduct from Mulgrew.

“On reviewing the game I have since seen that wasn’t the case.â€

Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra was also harshly sent off after a late challenge on goalkeeper Jamie Langfield – but Dougal said the decision on his fate will rest with his assistant Graham Chambers.

He said: “In respect of the Bougherra incident, I have spoken to my assistant referee and if he is requested to review the situation again then he will do so.â€

Aberdeen performed admirably at Ibrox, but succumbed in the second half after an own goal by Richard Foster and a header from Kenny Miller before Michael Paton pulled one back late on.

Substitute Paton was warming up close to the incident between Mulgrew and Lafferty and admitted the Rangers player’s behaviour left a sour taste.

He said: “Laffety was terrible, a total disgrace. I think Walter Smith should speak to him. If someone in our team did that our manager would be on to them straight away because there is no place for that in football.

“The two of them went head-to-head, but there was not contact – Charlie never touched him. He went down easy and got a player sent off.â€

Paton impressed after coming off the bench and showed a cool head to expertly convert his goal. The 20-year-old, who signed a new two-year-contract earlier this year, was delighted to get on the scoresheet and is now focused on going all out to get the win the Dons need against Hibs this weekend.

He said: “It was great to get a goal at Ibrox, but I would have much rather scored the winner.

“I thought we produced a strong performance and deserved at least a draw. We have got one game left against Hibs and we need to give it our all. We need to make sure we finish the season on a high and hopefully the result will go for us at Tannadice.â€