Sun, May 24

Dons 3 Hibs 0

Celtic 2 Hearts 1

UTD 2 Huns 2

Final table

Dons 55 GD +4

UTD 55 GD +2

Hearts 55 GD -3

I think it will end very close but we will sneak 3rd. If the Hearts v UTD game is to end in a winner then hopefully it will be UTD and we get 4th ahead of the Jambos.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your brother will probably tell you that should be "Speculation and Arithmetic time".   ;)

I'm not going to predict our final games because it would simply depress me to do so. We supposedly played well in the second half on thursday night, but other than that we're in hideous form and I reckon our form would suggest a fifth place finish is what we deserve. I hope I'm wrong.

your brother will probably tell you that should be "Speculation and Arithmetic time".   ;)

I'm not going to predict our final games because it would simply depress me to do so. We supposedly played well in the second half on thursday night, but other than that we're in hideous form and I reckon our form would suggest a fifth place finish is what we deserve. I hope I'm wrong.

Where we deserve to be is a matter for the end of the season.

Currently, we deserve to be 5th.

So, it must be time do the 'how its going to pan out' thread again ? I reckon:

Tues, May 12

Dons 2 Hearts 0

Celtic 3 UTD 1

Table

Hearts 54 GD -2

UTD 53 GD +2

Dons 52 GD +3

Sat, May 16

Huns 2 Dons 0

Hearts 1 UTD 1

Table

Hearts 55 GD -2

UTD 54 GD +2

Dons 52 GD +1

Sun, May 24

Dons 3 Hibs 0

Celtic 2 Hearts 1

UTD 2 Huns 2

Final table

Dons 55 GD +4

UTD 55 GD +2

Hearts 55 GD -3

I think it will end very close but we will sneak 3rd. If the Hearts v UTD game is to end in a winner then hopefully it will be UTD and we get 4th ahead of the Jambos.

That's easily possible. But the only thing I'm worried about is the title being over before the last day of the season so the OF playing weaker sides. Which is easily possible. Rangers better not win it the day we play them. :(

Guest ally s

I think you mean the 2nd season in a row tlg1903.  The title was already won the season we finished 3rd.

I reckon Hearts are going to finish 5th with Utd taking 3rd and us stealing 4th on the last day.

Arithmetic is an elementary branch of mathematics, ergo, it is still classed as mathematics. If someone called a dog an animal you wouldn't pull them up for not calling it a mammal or a canine. There has to be a sensible point where you cut off the detailed classification for the purposes of understanding and compensating for the environment you are having a discussion in. That cut off point in this instance would be where I am right and all others are wrong. Glad I cleared that up.

Ajja

Arithmetic is an elementary branch of mathematics, ergo, it is still classed as mathematics. If someone called a dog an animal you wouldn't pull them up for not calling it a mammal or a canine. There has to be a sensible point where you cut off the detailed classification for the purposes of understanding and compensating for the environment you are having a discussion in. That cut off point in this instance would be where I am right and all others are wrong. Glad I cleared that up.

Ajja

:lolabove:

Someone piss you off today Ajja ;) Re: your original post, mathematically we can do it, whether or not the team have the balls to do it is another thing. I hope they do, as I would love to see the season end on a reasonable high.

I think you mean the 2nd season in a row tlg1903.  The title was already won the season we finished 3rd.

I reckon Hearts are going to finish 5th with Utd taking 3rd and us stealing 4th on the last day.

Hmmnn yeah your right, i had it in my head they were mathmatically still in it.  In an ideal world for me we get europe at utd's expense so i dont have to pay my jutie bastard mate 20 notes for them finishing above us

Hmmnn yeah your right, i had it in my head they were mathmatically still in it.  In an ideal world for me we get europe at utd's expense so i dont have to pay my jutie bastard mate 20 notes for them finishing above us

I'd actually prefer to see UTD in with us. The further down the toilet those scummy bastards from Grozny get the better. Even if it does mean UTD getting to piggy back our further European adventures, the 80's are back in fashion across the board anyway!

I'd actually prefer to see UTD in with us. The further down the toilet those scummy bastards from Grozny get the better. Even if it does mean UTD getting to piggy back our further European adventures, the 80's are back in fashion across the board anyway!

Wouldnt have an issue as long as i get to take 20 pounds of said jutie bastard.  We will both be at a wedding last day of the season (tho boy getting married is a dandy) and it would be AMAZING to take it off him there!

Wouldnt have an issue as long as i get to take 20 pounds of said jutie bastard.  We will both be at a wedding last day of the season (tho boy getting married is a dandy) and it would be AMAZING to take it off him there!

It'd be great to finish 4th behind United, then getting further than them in Europe next year  :thumbsup:

I'm not convinced we won't fuck it up against Hibs on the last day - when was the last time we won 3 matches in a row as a matter of interest

We can (and probably will) lose at Ibrox and still finish third. No need to win 3 in a row

As much as I admire the optimism, I've got to ask where these good, battling performances are going to come from?

We've not had 3 over the course of the season, let alone 3 in a row.

Yup that pretty much sums it up for me - we needed a good battling performance against Dunfermline when there was as much at stake - need I say more...................................

I'd actually be rather worried if we did qualify for Europe as we'd only get shown up for the 5th place shower that we are.

Aye, like last time?

I think we'll win tonight.  If we can take the 2nd half performance from the last game into tonight then we should be fine.

Aye, like last time?

I think we'll win tonight.  If we can take the 2nd half performance from the last game into tonight then we should be fine.

No.

Last time we fully deserved to be 3rd having been out in front for most of the pack, not dropping points to the Huns the whole season and notching up last minute wins and draws.

This year we've been up and down, struggled to win games, drawn far too often and not looked like contenders.

If we slip into Europe via the backdoor then I think we'll get shown up because 4th or 5th place in our league simply just isn't good enough to compete.

No.

Last time we fully deserved to be 3rd having been out in front for most of the pack, not dropping points to the Huns the whole season and notching up last minute wins and draws.

This year we've been up and down, struggled to win games, drawn far too often and not looked like contenders.

If we slip into Europe via the backdoor then I think we'll get shown up because 4th or 5th place in our league simply just isn't good enough to compete.

This 'back door' you talk of will be league position, and if we get in europe through league position, it'll be on merit. Isn't the sign of a good team one that is successful even when they are not at their best??