Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

EE: Our kids will save Aberdeen a fortune

Perhaps you should make yourself clearer then because this (^) reads to me as if YOU are suggesting that these players are not.

Yes, you are retarded.

If YOU had read it properly, you'd have seen that before the quote;

He reckons that Mair/Duff/Young/Foster are 'experienced and competent'?  ;)

It clearly says...

Anyhow, do you think that when stoney made the following quote;

So my opinion on Foster/Mackie is irrelevant as it's not my contradiction.  I'll accept your apology.  Comprende...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but pundits dont even try and explain a journeyman they just call them that as they know that the player in question is one.

Can anyone coherently explain any of the dictated FIFA committee football rules (especially the current guise of the offside rule)?

Pundits are generally lazy when it comes to describing anything.  Bobo is right, don't take what these guys say as gospel... Trevor Francis tried telling people a few months ago that Raul and Guti were right footed, for example... They say the first thing that enters their minds, which is often about as banal as you can get.

The opinion of them being incompetent is different to that which you expressed in another (now deleted thread) where you were extolling the virtues of Messrs Foster and Mackie.

And when have I ever praised Mackie and Foster?  You do speak some sh*te...

That is just one persons definition of journeyman, and that has been shortened to try and describe it in a neat way. Over the years I have heard several football pundits describe players as journeymen and the definition of 'experienced and competent' is no where near to covering the multitude of players which fall within that category.

Ever stopped to think that they don't understand the meaning of the term journeyman, and use it because it sounds good?

Perhaps you should make yourself clearer then because this (^) reads to me as if YOU are suggesting that these players are not. I ruled out you considering them inexperienced, given their experience, and assumed you were suggesting they were incompetent. I assumed that this was the basis of your arguement with Stoney as to why they should not be described as journeymen.

The opinion of them being incompetent is different to that which you expressed in another (now deleted thread) where you were extolling the virtues of Messrs Foster and Mackie. Thus you were contradicting yourself.

Comprendes.

You know what assume did Baggy, don't you?