Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard after the Hearts game last Saturday Foster got JMG ironed onto his training top, said that the fans expectations are realistic and that he hated the colour Orange, before refusing to give Jimmy his last Rolo.

;D

Funnily enough I sat and unpicked the ADT logo on an old Aberdeen top yesterday

Aberdeen boss in warning to Foster

Published: 24/02/2009

ABERDEEN FC boss Jimmy Calderwood today told Richard Foster to button his lip if he wants to rescue his Dons career.

The Aberdeen FC manager has played down suggestions that Foster is set to be sold after a training field bust-up.

Foster will get a chance to redeem himself, starting with playing for the Dons reserves in today’s clash with Falkirk at Brechin.

Calderwood said: “It’s up to Richard now.

“He made the mistake and the onus is on him to make up for what happened.â€

Calderwood is refusing to give specific details about the flashpoint that led to him axing Foster from Saturday’s 2-2 draw with Dundee United.

Reports today claim it was because Foster insinuated that Calderwood was “brainless†after the manager criticised the full-back for making a rough challenge on team-mate Michael Paton during training on Thursday.

Calderwood wouldn’t confirm that, but admitted Foster left him with no choice.

Calderwood said: “He forced me to do something I’ve never done before as a manager – change my team.

“Richard was playing against Dundee United on Thursday but I changed it on the Friday.

“It’s not something I wanted to do but I felt Richard had left me with no choice.

“I’ve no problem with players speaking their mind, but there is a time and a place for everything.

“It also doesn’t help when it’s the same man who seems to be doing all the talking all of the time.

“The players get the chance to express their opinions after every game, usually on Monday mornings.

“If they have a problem with tactics following a game they know they are welcome to speak about it.

They must also speak to me before we do the final preparations on Thursday and Friday.

“It’s not as if what we say is always written in stone and regarded as the right thing to do all of the time.

“If I get it wrong I’m always honest enough to admit that and listen to suggestions about how our tactics could be improved.

“But I won’t stand for players coming to me and questioning things in the manner Richard did.

“Richard had been warned in the past – by myself, Jimmy Nicholl, Sandy Clark and Jim Leighton – about doing that.

“But it was still happening every now and again and eventually I decided I’d had enough.

“Richard has to think about that very closely from here on.â€

Foster defused the situation by making a point of wishing Calderwood and his team-mates well ahead of the United clash.

Calderwood said: “All credit to Richard for making the effort. That was a very clever thing for him to do.â€

Jamie Smith was also set to make his comeback in today’s reserve game.

Smith had been out since October because of a series of injuries.

Foster has the right to speak his mind. Can't imagine that taking very long right enough. He's as thick as pig shit in the neck of a bottle.

[/quote

Was it Lee Millers interview in where he said that actually Foster was the brainiest of the team  :o Anyway in my experience Foster is a sour face grumpy bastard face to face. I have heard reports that Foster was arguing with Paton on the pitch (after a shit Foster pass) at the East Fife and there is some speculation this continued onto the training ground.