Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Helicopter ditches in North Sea

Mackie's ace!

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH man want to send email to my mate who works out there on Harding, aparently share same chopper run and was coming home this week.

Just canna do it encase the missus answers and its bad news  :-\. Think I will wait till I get Off and go round personally .

poor poor guys .

Like everyone says thoughts are with the freinds and family .

I see an invitation to tender went out to provide a vessel and an ROV to help recover the helicopter.  Surely that's wrong!?

Perhaps a legally binding issue, although I'd suggest that in good faith BP as operator and Bond should be funding this between them without much of a thought.

Bond only operate 332L2's and EC225's from Aberdeen, both Eurocopter Super puma family.  BP have said they won't use Bond for the forseeable future, but there is nothing stopping the operator flying the machines.

A Bond helicopter flew low around Stonehaven bay yesterday about 4pm when I was sitting outside the Ship Inn... dodgy when they were supposed to be grounded.

and that fuckin Evening Express rag looking for the sensationalist angle - assholes.

My folks said that too as they were down that way yesterday.

Almost as big a misjudgement as made by some prick called LondonScottish on AFC Chat - what a fuckin tool!  >:D

Of course we've all been affected by this... the whole city is a bit in shock and on a downer, how could we not be! One of the guys that died was a well kent Aberdeen lad - and nearly everybody I've seen since knows someone or has a friend-of-a-friend who was involved.

Exactly - I don't know anyone personally but know a few people who do work offshore and it could just easily have been them involved, so of course everyone is feeling it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/north_east/7985828.stm

A Super Puma helicopter has been involved in a "precautionary landing" while flying over the North Sea.

The helicopter, operated by CHC, landed on the Safe Caledonia after reporting a fuel problem on its way to Aberdeen from the Sedco 714 rig.

The company said it was a precautionary landing. There were 19 passengers and two crew on board.

The incident happened on Monday morning. The helicopter will be assessed by an engineer.