Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Youngster Stuart Smith leaves for Peterheid

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1534619,00.html

width=162 height=250http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/3/50/0,,10284~4673539,00.jpg[/img]

AFC can confirm that Stuart Smith has left the club to join Peterhead. The left back has signed an 18 month deal with Neale Cooper's side. Stuart has been on loan at Balmoor recently and spent part of last season at Peterhead as well.

Jimmy Calderwood was reluctant to let the defender leave but recognised his first team chances were limited with Charlie Mulgrew, Richard Foster and Lee Mair all able to fill the left back role and Stirling Smith also coming through.

Everyone wishes Stuart all the best for the future.

A bit dissapointed by this, as have been impressed by him on several occasions at Peterhead. Perhaps best for all parties, though, as he was always going to struggle to get a chance at Aberdeen. Good defender with a cracking left foot, maybe lacks a yard of pace for the SPL though.Good bit of business for Peterhead.

Neil McVitie, another ex-Don at Peterhead, is also doing very well now. I wasn't too impressed when I first saw him at Balmoor, but he has really done very well recently, and the Blue Toon tend to do well when he is playing. He really snaps into every tackle, and is the kind of player that every team needs as he gets stuck in, breaks play up etc. Again, he probbaly never would have made the breakthrough at AFC so glad to see him doing well for Peterhead.

Bagshaw I think is still on the transfer list at peterhead, but he has been playing a few games recently.

Jimmy refusing to give a promising youngster a regular game, with this lad we could have finished 2nd, could have got 6 points instead of 4 against the old firm, and we might have beaten East Fife next week.

JMG

;)

Yeah, Stuart Smith = next level

A bit dissapointed by this, as have been impressed by him on several occasions at Peterhead. Perhaps best for all parties, though, as he was always going to struggle to get a chance at Aberdeen. Good defender with a cracking left foot, maybe lacks a yard of pace for the SPL though.Good bit of business for Peterhead.

Neil McVitie, another ex-Don at Peterhead, is also doing very well now. I wasn't too impressed when I first saw him at Balmoor, but he has really done very well recently, and the Blue Toon tend to do well when he is playing. He really snaps into every tackle, and is the kind of player that every team needs as he gets stuck in, breaks play up etc. Again, he probbaly never would have made the breakthrough at AFC so glad to see him doing well for Peterhead.

Bagshaw I think is still on the transfer list at peterhead, but he has been playing a few games recently.

Seen Peterhead play with and without McVitie and they look like a far better team with him playing.

Would be playing Highland league if he didn't make ridiculous wage demands.