Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen vs. Hearts - LIVE CHAT OPEN

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ABERDEEN today claimed their players did nothing wrong in the tunnel after their stormy SPL clash with Hearts.

Newspaper reports today accused a Dons player of throwing punches in retaliation after he had been hit by a Hearts player at the end of the match, which Aberdeen won 1-0.

Several players were involved in a scuffle in the tunnel, seconds after Aberdeen striker Chris Maguire and Hearts defender Robbie Neilson were booked for squaring up to each other at the final whistle.

The door of the away dressing room was damaged and reports claim a Hearts player struck out at two Dons ones as tempers flared.

The Hearts player is then said to have been struck back before fleeing to safety in the away dressing room.

But Dons spokesman Dave Macdermid today denied any of their players had stepped out of line.

“If any punches were thrown by our players they were in self defence.

“We are waiting for the referee to file his report about what went on but are confident no Aberdeen players will be taken to task.

“We won’t be commenting on this matter any further.â€

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood also played down the fuss over the after match bust-up.

“I’m the last person to have a go at anyone over something like that,.†he said.

“I smashed up a dressing room at Burnley when I was a player and paid the price with a fine.

“Emotions are running high at the end of games and sometimes things spill over.â€

The SFA are certain to investgate the bust-up, which also saw Hearts full-back Lee Wallace red-carded for allegedly using foul language towards referee Iain Brines.

Hearts are already on course to be hit with an £80, 000 fine from the SFA if they don’t sort out their poor disciplinary record.

The Jam Tarts have now had seven players sent-off this season.

The SFA fined them £5,000, £10,000, £20,000 and £40,000 at the end of the previous four seasons for their poor disciplinary record.

They were warned that fine would be doubled again if that record did not improve.

They had a total of nine red cards last season, so are in danger of passing that figure with more than half of the season to go.

Read in the paper that Lee Mair was punched by Neilson so gave him a couple of digs and Neilson ran. A few Aberdeen players got involved until nade came in about and no-one wanted anymore to do with it. Can't say I blame them really!

I totally agree he is big beast is Nade