Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loons nowadays.  :thumbsup:

That was the goal that started the run to Gothenburg.

Spot on BB....started at Fir Park, ended up on a rainy night in Gothenburg.

Also we went on to win not only the Scottish Cup in that year 1982, but also '83 and '84 and were undefeated in that competiton for close on four years :thumbsup:

Spot on BB....started at Fir Park, ended up on a rainy night in Gothenburg.

Also we went on to win not only the Scottish Cup in that year 1982, but also '83 and '84 and were undefeated in that competiton for close on four years :thumbsup:

Oh the nostalgia. A cup run in which a former Rangers manager scored against the Rangers and the current Celtic manager scored against the Celtic, in the finals!

OK, OK. Sorry. You remember the somersault by Strachan in the final v. celtic?

Can't say I do.  I have seen footage of the crappy somersault he did v the huns in 82. But as Al was talking about the finals of 82, 83 and 84, and you have said that the current Celtic manager scored v Celtic in the final, I took that to mean you are talking about Strachan scoring v Celtic in 84, which didn't happen.

Can't say I do.  I have seen footage of the crappy somersault he did v the huns in 82. But as Al was talking about the finals of 82, 83 and 84, and you have said that the current Celtic manager scored v Celtic in the final, I took that to mean you are talking about Strachan scoring v Celtic in 84, which didn't happen.

In this case you show your tender years. Either this, or I really am gravely incapable of memory.

Strachan tapped in to an empty net from a yard at the "Celtic end", and did a crappy somersault. I could have sworn it was against Celtic, not Rangers?

As your pedanticity suggests that you are good at these things, can you look up to see how often Strachan scored for AFC in finals? I can only recall this one.

In this case you show your tender years. Either this, or I really am gravely incapable of memory.

Strachan tapped in to an empty net from a yard at the "Celtic end", and did a crappy somersault. I could have sworn it was against Celtic, not Rangers?

As your pedanticity suggests that you are good at these things, can you look up to see how often Strachan scored for AFC in finals? I can only recall this one.

You're wrong. He scored at the Celtic end against the Huns, we won 4-1. he got the third.

McGhee scored the winner v Celtic in 84 at the Celtic end of the ground.

My "pedanticity suggests" that I know my Aberdeen history, as most on here would.  Maybe it also shows you are gravely incapable of memory.

Main article: 1984 Scottish Cup Final

May 19, 1984 Aberdeen 2 – 1 (a.e.t.) Celtic Hampden Park, Glasgow

Eric Black  23'

Mark McGhee  98'  Paul McStay  86'

Attendance: 58,900

Referee: Bob Valentine

May 22, 1982 Aberdeen 4 – 1 (a.e.t.) Rangers Hampden Park, Glasgow

Attendance: 53,788

Referee: Brian McGinlay

Alex McLeish  32'

Mark McGhee  93'

Gordon Strachan  103'

Neale Cooper  110'  John MacDonald  15'

In this case, I made a recollectory error. I was sure his goal at the Celtic end followed by a somersault was against Celtic, not Rangers, which given where we would have been standing i.e. the other end of the ground, is a pretty poor memory fuck up by me. Will have to youtube it for myself now.

Found it. You are absolutely correct.

I was at every final in the 80's. It was a blur of success. Amazed I recalled it as being v. Celtic though. My bad.

In this case, I made a recollectory error. I was sure his goal at the Celtic end followed by a somersault was against Celtic, not Rangers, which given where we would have been standing i.e. the other end of the ground, is a pretty poor memory fuck up by me.

That's a forward roll.

In this case, I made a recollectory error. I was sure his goal at the Celtic end followed by a somersault was against Celtic, not Rangers, which given where we would have been standing i.e. the other end of the ground, is a pretty poor memory fuck up by me. Will have to youtube it for myself now.

Found it. You are absolutely correct.

I was at every final in the 80's. It was a blur of success. Amazed I recalled it as being v. Celtic though. My bad.

Old age does that to people.

You just stick with me Rocket, you'll be alright.  :P