Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

New Players

Guest innesciver

Guest innesciver

I read quotes from Jimmy Yesterday, Think it was on BBC site, Saying that McNamara and Mair are in but hopefully he would add a few more faces this week.  Anybody any idea what players are being targetted?  The only other player I have heard being mentioned is Michael Stewart but would have thought wages would have been an issue.

Guest At The Border Guy

The only other player I have heard being mentioned is Michael Stewart but would have thought wages would have been an issue.

I hope not.  The guy has been an arsehole at every club he's played with (and his form is inconsistent at best!).  He's still enjoying his reputation as a 'Former Manchester United player', so I think taking a step down from Hibs will do him good.

Guest innesciver

Some Sellick fans have been saying that we have made enquiries about John kennedy - On loan for the season.  Not too sure about this one.

Guest kilahun

Some Sellick fans have been saying that we have made enquiries about John kennedy - On loan for the season.  Not too sure about this one.

if thats true it might be part of the deal that could take Hart to Celtic. 

Wouldn't go for this deal. We get to borrow one of their kids and nurse him back to full fitness and then give him back at the end of the season, whilst they walk with our second-best defender for pennies!

I am not going to stand in the way of our players moving on to get better deals at bigger clubs ... just so long as it's not the Old Firm. Hart would be wasted there. Strachan would play him in CIS Cup matches, and that's all!

Wouldn't go for this deal. We get to borrow one of their kids and nurse him back to full fitness and then give him back at the end of the season, whilst they walk with our second-best defender for pennies!

I am not going to stand in the way of our players moving on to get better deals at bigger clubs ... just so long as it's not the Old Firm. Hart would be wasted there. Strachan would play him in CIS Cup matches, and that's all!

I am! >:(

There's no club better than Aberdeen and don't you forget it! ;)

Well, there's no doubt about that!

I was gutted when McNaughton moved to Cardiff. But I smile contently when I hear that he's proving to be a quality player for them. It makes other clubs sit up and realise that Scottish players CAN cut it in England. And now we're getting teams like Manure coming in and sniffing around players like Gordon who are valued at 8million.

Only thing that irks me is that we seem to be happy with the 1million value that Anderson is being advertised at. I'd take no less than DOUBLE that, and even then I'd have to admit that the club that wins his signature is getting him at a bargain price.

Well, there's no doubt about that!

I was gutted when McNaughton moved to Cardiff. But I smile contently when I hear that he's proving to be a quality player for them. It makes other clubs sit up and realise that Scottish players CAN cut it in England. And now we're getting teams like Manure coming in and sniffing around players like Gordon who are valued at 8million.

Only thing that irks me is that we seem to be happy with the 1million value that Anderson is being advertised at. I'd take no less than DOUBLE that, and even then I'd have to admit that the club that wins his signature is getting him at a bargain price.

Could not agree more. Well said.

Guest kilahun

i agree i wouldnt want to see that deal either as why should we help the rat munchers!  Gladly our books are getting better and there is a feel of optimism around the club now so we dont have to accept any figure a club throws at us anymore, unless its something in the 3m and above category.

Hart - Considine - Anderson - McNamara

jeffrey - severen - nicholson

smith    

mackie - lovell

**unless we sign any better would be good team for next season

Hart - Considine - Anderson - McNamara

jeffrey - severen - nicholson

smith    

mackie - lovell

It's not just this lineup that we can be pretty happy with, it's the fact that the bench will probably regularly look like this:

Soutar; Touzani; Diamond; Clark; Miller; Maguire

That's a bench full of players that the vast majority of SPL teams would kill to have in their first-choice team!!!!

long closed season to go but makes a nice change to already have made signings (btw you forgot Mair anywhere in your squad Reekie) and look to be getting a couple of others in and the Cup final hasn't even been played yet!!

I think this continued optimism will depend on whether we can keep hold of Hart and Anderson.  Obviously the loss of either one would be huge but if we lose both I'd be worried about our defence next season (mair and mcnamara are no replacement for hart and anderson).

Hopefully we won't lose much apart from Winter and Dempsey, thus bolstering the squad as much as the first XI.

Guest kilahun

i have a tim workmate whos is adamant that beattie is coming to us.....

will wait and see!!

I honestly hope that doesnt happen.  He is no better than what we already have and he seems as if his upper half of his body is too heavy for his legs and always falls over when running.

I honestly hope that doesnt happen.  He is no better than what we already have and he seems as if his upper half of his body is too heavy for his legs and always falls over when running.

Thats just an OF thing tho and it only happens in and around the penalty box

Guest seve_no1

the daily ranger is reporting that heart of lithuania are after michael hart as replacment for fyssas haha aye right! that'll never happen :D