Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

been discussing this on our forum. I'm really pissed about this. I realise that we haven't filled our end for a few games there but given the potential for a large support you would think they would just have a policy of making it ticket to avoid past disasters.

I will now have to curtail my drinking in the pub to go and queue up (probably in the pissing rain) and sit in a fucking stand 30 mins before kick off just to get a decent seat that doesn't crush my rather long legs  >:D

With our recent run and a chance to nudge up towards 3rd coupled with a pay-at-the gate in Dundee I fear nonsense on Saturday :hammer:

been discussing this on our forum. I'm really pissed about this. I realise that we haven't filled our end for a few games there but given the potential for a large support you would think they would just have a policy of making it ticket to avoid past disasters.

I will now have to curtail my drinking in the pub to go and queue up (probably in the pissing rain) and sit in a fucking stand 30 mins before kick off just to get a decent seat that doesn't crush my rather long legs  >:D

With our recent run and a chance to nudge up towards 3rd coupled with a pay-at-the gate in Dundee I fear nonsense on Saturday :hammer:

last time this happen did alot of folk just not bother going to save all the hassle? I suspect that there will be a big queue at 1400 but come 1445 you'll be able to get in relatively easily, although maybe not get an amazing seat (is it not normally a free for all anyway, even when all ticket?)

Will they be digging out the raffle tickets to exchange for our £20+ entrance fee?

last time this happen did alot of folk just not bother going to save all the hassle? I suspect that there will be a big queue at 1400 but come 1445 you'll be able to get in relatively easily, although maybe not get an amazing seat (is it not normally a free for all anyway, even when all ticket?)

Will they be digging out the raffle tickets to exchange for our £20+ entrance fee?

I'm sure it will all work out, I'm not reaching for the Madrid panic button just yet  ;) It just fucks me up that UTD can't see this happening and just take the easy route of making it ticket. At least there is a good hour+ of drinking ability on the choo-choo  :thumbsup:

Remember the last time this happened

Me and a mate left the pub earlyish and stood by the entrance to the carpark watchign the queue get bigger and bigger.

They then opened every turnstile fo the shed, fairplay and jerry kerr and yet NO ONE left the queue so me, my mate and about 20 others just casally wandered in and got the best seats on offer in the fairplay.

The queue had practically reached clepington road by this point but everyone seemed to assume that it was 'organised'. Either that or 4000 people all wanted in the shed. Of course this led to about 2500 people being packed into the 2000 capacity shed whilst there were plenty of empty seats to be had in the other stands.

Just like Martin Freeman said - 'Im british...I know how to queue!'

Remember the last time this happened

Me and a mate left the pub earlyish and stood by the entrance to the carpark watchign the queue get bigger and bigger.

They then opened every turnstile fo the shed, fairplay and jerry kerr and yet NO ONE left the queue so me, my mate and about 20 others just casally wandered in and got the best seats on offer in the fairplay.

The queue had practically reached clepington road by this point but everyone seemed to assume that it was 'organised'. Either that or 4000 people all wanted in the shed. Of course this led to about 2500 people being packed into the 2000 capacity shed whilst there were plenty of empty seats to be had in the other stands.

Just like Martin Freeman said - 'Im british...I know how to queue!'

I don't see the point of your story

you ended up in the fair play stand ???

also with "modern" turnstile technology I'm still at a loss to understand how united let too many folk into the shed that day

I'm sure it will all work out, I'm not reaching for the Madrid panic button just yet  ;) It just fucks me up that UTD can't see this happening and just take the easy route of making it ticket. At least there is a good hour+ of drinking ability on the choo-choo  :thumbsup:

Whoo whoo

Tho I have left it that long to get my bloody ticket I think I will be paying Madrid prices!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see the point of your story

you ended up in the fair play stand ???

also with "modern" turnstile technology I'm still at a loss to understand how united let too many folk into the shed that day

The so called modern technology was each turnstile operator had one of those counter things that bouncers use to keep tabs on the number of people they let in. They just handed out raffle tickets and clicked as you handed over yer cash. If they had perhaps organised it a bit they could have told them to close up their turnstiles when they reached 500 clicks

Point of my story was that every stood in a big fuck off queue for ages instead of simply walking to the turnstiles as usual. I seriously doubt every single person in that queue wanted into the shed.

Then after the game people came on here and bitched about missing the start because they were stuck in a big queue?!

Is that the drinking equivalent of Sky+?