Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Really want to see a home win for this one - and hopefully it will be for my first game of the season (shit - prob just jinxed it and phone will go tomoro)

Could be a close game - but i want points over performance until we're up in 3rd place in the league.

Killie beat by falkirk last week - although falkirk's second was never a penalty.

Hopefully tonight's game will tire out Killie and they'll pick up some injuries.

Looks like it'll be freezin for the game - so might take my hipper to "Irish" my Kenco!!!  ;)

Is Highland Park too good to mix with instant coffee at the fitba?

Phillestine!!!!

The only thing you should have with Hughland Park is more Highland Park.  Put Bells or Grouse in yer instant Kenco!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a scrappy game, but despite that thought we played alright, some good play at times.

I thought Miller had a great game, was really pleasantly surprised at how he played. Some nice play and he even looked like he had pace at points!

Lee Miller is good player, arguable the most talented player on our books, but he doesn't score goals.  I'd love it if had a Riordan or O'Connor type player to partner him upfront.

Bizarre season so far

We've been shocking and yet we are only 2 points off Kilmarnock who have apparenlty been having a great season so far????

we also have the best 'Away' defensive record.

delighted with the result today, but, it does make you wonder why we start every season so fucking slowly.  A strong start to the season and we'd be flying, why do we continue to give ourselves this disadvantage?

I thought we by far the better team and had the best players on the park.

The formation was a Jakki Brambles though and seemed to suit Killie more than us.

That said, we won, so it was a formation that worked.

Miller was excellent, as was Seve and Aluko, who should have scored more than one.

I am also becoming more and more impressed with Hodgekiss. Very tidy and uncomplicated and does the simple defending tasks well and isn't short of pace.

Word of praise for Foster too. There I said it. :thumbsup:

Still think Seve and Kerr is the way forward in the middle though, Kerr was very good when he came on and Young had a very disappointing game.

After the game the discussion was about how McDonald will get back into the team and Smith could have difficulty too if he can't regain some semblance of fitness for a sustained period.

The formation was a Jakki Brambles though and seemed to suit Killie more than us.

Miller was excellent, as was Seve and Aluko, who should have scored more than one.

I am also becoming more and more impressed with Hodgekiss. Very tidy and uncomplicated and does the simple defending tasks well and isn't short of pace.

Still think Seve and Kerr is the way forward in the middle though, Kerr was very good when he came on and Young had a very disappointing game.

After the game the discussion was about how McDonald will get back into the team and Smith could have difficulty too if he can't regain some semblance of fitness for a sustained period.

All sounds quite positive! Lets hope it continues and I am very glad we got Hodgekiss an extended loan deal with us! Looks like a tidy player.

As BB said, it is frustrating that we don't start our season like this, but other teams have blips and slow starts. Just makes our season more exciting  ;) Did Young start? Has he not been very ineffectual of late? Odd that he still seems to be getting a game ahead of others. But most important thing is that we got the three points, 3rd by December could still be on BB  :thumbsup:

All sounds quite positive! Lets hope it continues and I am very glad we got Hodgekiss an extended loan deal with us! Looks like a tidy player.

As BB said, it is frustrating that we don't start our season like this, but other teams have blips and slow starts. Just makes our season more exciting  ;) Did Young start? Has he not been very ineffectual of late? Odd that he still seems to be getting a game ahead of others. But most important thing is that we got the three points, 3rd by December could still be on BB  :thumbsup:

Third in two weeks time, hopefully!!  :thumbsup:

Yes, purely. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/purely

Isn't this a forum for discussing opinion?  :finger:

I know what the word means, thanks. I was just a little surprised to be told that was the sole reason.

It certainly is a forum for discussing opinion, just a shame that not for the first time you take a tone that makes your "opinion" come across as if you are saying it as fact.

Young was absent most of the time he was on.

Aluko the difference between the teams.  However, he did leave gaps on the left side when he was caught too far forward at times.

Hodgekiss was evcellent. A no nonesense player.

Sitting back on a one nil lead is not good news though.  Killie changed to a more attcking formation in the last half an hour an opened us up too easily a few times. 

Killie are a bunch of complete hammer throwers and, although not a dirty game, there was a lot of fouling from the Killie defence.  One or two might think themselves lucky to still be on the pitch at full time.

Young was absent most of the time he was on.

Aluko the difference between the teams.  However, he did leave gaps on the left side when he was caught too far forward at times.

Hodgekiss was evcellent. A no nonesense player.

Sitting back on a one nil lead is not good news though.  Killie changed to a more attcking formation in the last half an hour an opened us up too easily a few times. 

Killie are a bunch of complete hammer throwers and, although not a dirty game, there was a lot of fouling from the Killie defence.  One or two might think themselves lucky to still be on the pitch at full time.

Agree with all of that apart from Hogdkiss, I thought he was being torn a new one for the last half hour or so and looked very vulnerable whenever a Killie player ran at him.