Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Fancy a lap round Pittodrie for charity?

Well you'll have to do the rest of the 6K first...

http://www.wilddayout.com/WDO_Detail.aspx?id=28

Kick off the count down to Christmas by joining hundreds of Santas in the Aberdeen Santa Run, a 6km fun run with a festive twist!

On Sunday, November 30th Aberdeen will be taken over by hundreds of people dressed as Father Christmas as they descend upon the city for the first ever WildHearts Aberdeen Santa Run. Hosted at Pittodrie Stadium by Aberdeen FC, this iconic event aims to get the entire North-East together to start the festive season with a bang!

The Aberdeen Santa Run is open to everyone, whether you wish to run, jog or walk around the beautiful beach front course with your friends, family or colleagues. Everyone taking part will also be given the unique opportunity to complete a spectacular Santa lap of honour around the pitch at Pittodrie Stadium, home to Aberdeen FC!

Participants are encouraged to raise money for WildHearts, a dynamic Scottish charity transforming lives by giving people a hand up, not a hand out. WildHearts use microfinance to give people in the developing world the chance to work their own way out of poverty. This is a fantastic gift to give people at Christmas and there’ll be awesome prizes up for grabs for those fundraisers that really go for it… just watch this space for a very exciting announcement coming soon! Participants can set their own fundraising target, so do your best!  We’ll make fundraising nice and easy for you by helping you create your own unique online fundraising page, which is a great way to raise sponsorship and let all your friends and family know what you're up to! Just click here for an example

Registration includes a full Santa Suit for adults and a special edition event t-shirt and Santa hat for kids.

Did the Glasgow one last year and intending to do it again this year. Woudnt prefer to do that aberdeen one what with the lap of pittodrie but shall just have to make do with running the glasgow waterfront with Liz McColgan and kenny Dalgleish again.

Santa suit doesnt hold up to well though. id almost destroyed mine the week before at the motherwell match and by the time id finished the run the trouser and jacket seems had disintigrated so the only thing holding it together was the number pinned to my chest.

Central glasgow is cold enought but I cant say id fancy aberdeen beachfront at the end of november.

My flatmate is one of the main organisers for this, when she was putting it all together she was asking me loads of questions about aberdeen like who was any good etc.  Bonus is she's going to try and get me a signed top  ;D

So you'd then be the proud owner of a top signed by superstars such as Darren Mackie, Ricky Foster and Lee Mair?  :o

Notice how I picked on the local lads.  :hammer:

• 4 weeks later...