Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Jimmy: Michael Stewart does not go down too easy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7691151.stm

Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood reported that Langfield was insisting that it was not a penalty.

"He said he never touched him," said the Dons boss. "He did not get near him. "All credit to the linesman. He had seen it and helped the referee out.

"We have not been getting the rub of the green and maybe that levelled things out."

Calderwood, who has previously criticised some Hearts players for their theatrics, rejected the suggestion that Stewart had dived in an attempt to win the spot kick.

"There are a couple of other ones who go down too easy, but Michael Stewart does not do that," he insisted.

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/scottish-football/spl/2008/10/26/hearts-1-1-aberdeen-78057-20840600/

JAMIE LANGFIELD hailed ref Steve Conroy for having the guts to reverse a crucial penalty call - and claimed Hearts star Michael Stewart had CHEATED to win the controversial spot-kick. Tynecastle went into meltdown at the final whistle as enraged Hearts players and coaches tried to get at the whistler and linesman Chris Young over the 84th-minute flashpoint that decided this game.

Conroy had originally pointed to the spot when Langfield dived at Stewart's feet and the Jambos midfielder fell to the sodden turf.

But he was big enough to change his mind after a short debate with linesman Young who had a far better view of the incident and was adamant that the keeper never touched his rival.

Despite the furious reaction of Hearts boss Csaba Laszlo - who later ludicrously denied trying to take issue with the officials on the pitch at full time - the whistler appears to have got the decision bang on.

And Langfield claims Conroy's only mistake was not to book Stewart for diving after the Jambos man privately told him he'd taken a fall on purpose.

The Dons No.1 said: "I didn't touch him. I knew he would get to the ball before me so I pulled my arms away.

"It's actually quite scary how far he was from me when he went over.

"He told me later 'I thought you were coming to hit me'. He said he'd ridden the challenge - but I was nowhere near him.

"He's tried a cheeky one and thankfully for us it's not come off - and we have to thank the linesman for that.

"He deserves a lot of credit for going against the referee but I think Stewart was lucky not to be booked for diving."

Support your own players FFS Jimmy  :hammer:

Langfield is right that Stewart should have been booked, and apparently in the aftermath of the game it was Langfield who got booked along with Karipidus.

"He said he never touched him," said the Dons boss. "He did not get near him. "All credit to the linesman. He had seen it and helped the referee out.

"We have not been getting the rub of the green and maybe that levelled things out."

Calderwood, who has previously criticised some Hearts players for their theatrics, rejected the suggestion that Stewart had dived in an attempt to win the spot kick.

"There are a couple of other ones who go down too easy, but Michael Stewart does not do that," he insisted.

That doesn't even make sense for fucks sake.  If he's dived, he's "gone down too easily".  Fairly simple.

Anyone see Stewart on The Full SPL last night? What a complete cunt bag. He freely admitted that he went down of his own accord. "I anticipated contact so went down...after viewing the tv evidence it does appear that there was minimal contact". No shit Michael. So basically he dived hoping that Langfield would touch him. What a knob. How he wasn't booked I don't know.

It's very twisted logic to interpret that piece into JC not supporting his own players.

Well said Bilbo

I thought at the time that the Hearts players over celebrated even getting the decision but expecting the referee to then turn round and book Stewart was probably expecting too much - I don't think I have ever been at a game when a penalty decision was overturned so well done that ref and linesman  :thumbsup: