Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

The Homecoming Scottish Cup 2008/09

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually think the OF will find it tough in their games.

St Johnstone are doing well and the huns are rotten away at the moment. Dundee have been rejuventaed under Jocky Scott and will go at Celtic with a cup tie mentality.

Here's hoping the top 3 in the SPL are out at the first time of asking  :thumbsup:

Actually think the OF will find it tough in their games.

St Johnstone are doing well and the huns are rotten away at the moment. Dundee have been rejuventaed under Jocky Scott and will go at Celtic with a cup tie mentality.

Here's hoping the top 3 in the SPL are out at the first time of asking  :thumbsup:

Not at all mate, we'll be third come january :thumbsup:

Does anyone know the relative capacities of the away ends at Raith and Alloa ?

I might be eeking the MPB out from under my desk for this one, just to get a few panics going.  ;)

I've been told by a Raith fan that their away capacity is 3,600

I've been told by a Raith fan that their away capacity is 3,600

3,600 seats against a lower division team with character and history in the entry level round of the cup away from home that isn't further south than the Forth. That sounds like a defo MPB alert....

panic_button21.jpg

MADRID PANIC BUTTON ALERT

Does anyone know the relative capacities of the away ends at Raith and Alloa ?

I might be eeking the MPB out from under my desk for this one, just to get a few panics going.  ;)

from memory we had about 2,000 last time we got Alloa in the cup. 

Would prefer Raith Rovers as I've never been to the ground, however it does involve going to Kirkcaldy, a town with more inbred fucknuts than any town in Scotland

Last time i was at Raith,s ground was many many years ago when aberdeen played them in the cup (must be the 80,s sometime)

Do they still play at the same park

All i seem to remember is a social club in the middle of a field and when we were playing there were trains passing the ground with fans with scotland flags out the windows (think they were going to murryfield but not sure as i was only told this at the time)

btw some/all of this might be wrong as i cant remember much about the day at all

Last time i was at Raith,s ground was many many years ago when aberdeen played them in the cup (must be the 80,s sometime)

Do they still play at the same park

All i seem to remember is a social club in the middle of a field and when we were playing there were trains passing the ground with fans with scotland flags out the windows (think they were going to murryfield but not sure as i was only told this at the time)

btw some/all of this might be wrong as i cant remember much about the day at all

The ground has been pretty much rebuilt since those days. Remember being their when we played them in the cup and the Hibs casuals pulled the communications cord and jumped off the train, lept over the fence and started on the Raith fans in their end. Then the ASC came onto the pitch. It was mayhem, I was about 12 or 13 and FJ was 11 at the time and it was our first match without my dad. I remember thinking how exciting it was watching the Dons......

from wiiki:

Recreation Park, Alloa: Capacity 3000

Stark's Park, Kirkcaldy: Capacity 10,104

So I would guess we will get pretty much as many tickets as we want for Rovers and about 1500-2000 for Alloa.

starks.jpg

2445049443_d7d10f637b.jpg?v=0

Last time I was at Raith match there were no seats in the West stand next to away fans. Looked like it had been closed. Big stand behind the goal should be big enough though. Cannot be arsed with Alloa although at least it now has a railway station so is not such a pain in the arse to get to as it used to be.