Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

See You Jimmy

As far as i can remember anderson never hid his desire to test himself in the premiership should the chance arise

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/6681279.stm

"The ball is in the club's court.

"I haven't spoken to anyone and the club has constantly confirmed there have been no approaches.

"If anything does happen on that front it certainly won't be instigated by me.

"I have a year left in my contract and as far as I'm concerned I will be leading the club in Europe next season."

Anderson added: "I hope to also be leading the club beyond that."

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fatshaft

Russell "I want to finish my career at Aberdeen" Anderson, and giving his sign-on fee back to AFC.

Actions of a man desperate to leave AFC the season he could lead the club in Europe.

:hammer:

As far as i can remember anderson never hid his desire to test himself in the premiership should the chance arise

What he said.

Guest fatshaft

Yup, that's what he said, when NO team were in for him, however once there was clear interest......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aberdeen/6244320.stm

"Russell wanted to go and as a club we cannot really deny him the chance to play against some of the best players in the world and challenge that comes with that," Miller added.

Barely sevices the debt and opening the stadium

Still we spend more on wages and have a greater turnover than most other clubs

Really? Seriously, you believe that? Hibs just bought back Riordan, bought bamba and a few others, Untied spent in the summer, Caley spent money, Well bought too - so I don't think we are the "streets" ahead some seem to think we are.

We DO spend more on wages than those clubs you have listed.  And even if our wages are not "streets ahead" it still doesn't excuse the terrible football, crazy tactics and awful results we have had to endure in the last year.

Sadly probability doesn't work like that. You are trying to say everything is 50/50 - it either happens or it doesn't.

If we were drawing straws to get to a final - yes we may have been in one sooner - but it doesn't work like that in the real world - we actually have to play football to qualify for the final.

So it is acceptable to get beaten by QotS and United like we did last season?

So it is acceptable that since we got to a cup final dunfermline, livi, gretna, dundee, dundee united, hearts, hibs, queen of the south, killie, motherwell and ayr united have all got to finals?

And the last season we got into two cup finals, where did we finish in the league?

It's the old expectation thing again - you seem to expect that AFC - if funded and managed properly will set the heather alight and be challenging for the league and 2 cups, with a decent european run.

Without serious money from Wiggy to improve the squad and the product on show it isn't going to happen.

Where is anyone saying that? You seem to believe everything the Daily Retard tells you.

What I, and I think most dons fans, would hope for is:

1)Consistancy in the league, challenging for a european spot most seasons

2)With a european run seen as a bonus, with the hope we don't humilate ourselves (see Bohemians)

3)Cup semi finals on a reasonably regular basis

4)With Cup finals maybe every 4-5years

5)With the odd cup win thrown in

Surely that isn't too unrealistic for a club of Aberdeen's size when football is increasingly determined by the size of your club

Even with a bit of investment from him used correctly is unlikely to yield the results you want.

A bit of investment would make a huge difference (see Hearts, Gretna, Livi) before they went tits up. However longterm a sustainable club not dependent on handouts is what is required

As has been said on here before, JC has bought the best he can for peanuts and a can of sh*t - if Wiggy would give him a decent sum - we could improve - rather than trying to stay mediocre with less and less resources.

JC has bought well

He has also bought really badly

He has also shown that he cannot organise or motivate these players often enough

Sadly probability doesn't work like that. You are trying to say everything is 50/50 - it either happens or it doesn't.

If we were drawing straws to get to a final - yes we may have been in one sooner - but it doesn't work like that in the real world - we actually have to play football to qualify for the final.

So it is acceptable to get beaten by QotS and United like we did last season?

So it is acceptable that since we got to a cup final dunfermline, livi, gretna, dundee, dundee united, hearts, hibs, queen of the south, killie, motherwell and ayr united have all got to finals?

Where am I saying anything about it being acceptable to get beated by QOS ot United?

You were arguing (incorrectly) that getting to a cup final is based on probability and random chance - it isn't and that's a plain fact.

We DO spend more on wages than those clubs you have listed.  And even if our wages are not "streets ahead" it still doesn't excuse the terrible football, crazy tactics and awful results we have had to endure in the last year.

And it's Jimmy's decision to pay that wage? No it's Miller and Wiggys

You seem to believe everything the Daily Retard tells you.

Must be confusing me with some of your mates. I rarely buy paper based news products anymore - I have a tv and the internet. (and live in NI, so doubt i'd get the retard anywhere here apart from Larne)

What I, and I think most dons fans, would hope for is:

1)Consistancy in the league, challenging for a european spot most seasons

2)With a european run seen as a bonus, with the hope we don't humilate ourselves (see Bohemians)

3)Cup semi finals on a reasonably regular basis

4)With Cup finals maybe every 4-5years

5)With the odd cup win thrown in

1 is perhaps a realistic challenge, 2 also.

3,4 and 5 depend on big game players turning up for cup ties - we don't have the quality. We might be able to scrape consistency in the SPL, but getting a result in a cup game is very different, especially in the latter stages.

We beat Celtic at parkhead last season, by hook or crook, but then the big names fell flat on the arse in the semi.

A bit of investment would make a huge difference (see Hearts, Gretna, Livi) before they went tits up. However longterm a sustainable club not dependent on handouts is what is required

Sustainable club and achievements on the park are mutually exclusive - especially when there will always be someone coming along pumping money into some club somewhere.

JC has bought well

He has also bought really badly

He has also shown that he cannot organise or motivate these players often enough

All managers buy well and poorly - it's not just JC - even Ferguson at Utd has bought some s*ite.

As for the argument that a manager cannot motivate a team - it's just pathetic.

These players are on astronomical wages, which they will pick up even if we are relegated.

They shouldn't need motivated - they are being rewarded for their services - and if they can't be professional and give their best then why do we employ them?

It was several players who should have been sacked after QoS debacle, not Jimmy.

You were arguing (incorrectly) that getting to a cup final is based on probability and random chance - it isn't and that's a plain fact.

What I'm suggesting is that if all those clubs can get to cup finals while we can't despite greater resources then it suggests there is something wrong with our players and by extension our manager. Even when we were historically poor, say the 60s, we still got to the odd final, so I don't think I am being crazily unrealistic.

And it's Jimmy's decision to pay that wage? No it's Miller and Wiggys
It is WM and SM's decision on how much our wage budget is. It is up to JC how he spends that

Must be confusing me with some of your mates. I rarely buy paper based news products anymore - I have a tv and the internet. (and live in NI, so doubt i'd get the retard anywhere here apart from Larne)

Sorry it was just that your comments about expectations read as if lifted straight from that rag

3,4 and 5 depend on big game players turning up for cup ties - we don't have the quality. We might be able to scrape consistency in the SPL, but getting a result in a cup game is very different, especially in the latter stages.

We beat Celtic at parkhead last season, by hook or crook, but then the big names fell flat on the arse in the semi.

Cup games are invariably against the same teams we "scrape consistency" against in the league.  Yes we managed to beat Celtic so why can't we beat QotS? Plenty of other clubs "scrape consistency" in the league and get to the odd cup final, why not us.  They clearly don't have more "big game players".

JCs cup record is nothing short of appalling.

All managers buy well and poorly - it's not just JC - even Ferguson at Utd has bought some s*ite.

As for the argument that a manager cannot motivate a team - it's just pathetic.

These players are on astronomical wages, which they will pick up even if we are relegated.

They shouldn't need motivated - they are being rewarded for their services - and if they can't be professional and give their best then why do we employ them?

Quite possibly true however the evidence would suggest JC cannot get this group of players, a group of players he has brought in, to be motivated, organised or have even the most basic of skills.

I would blame him for that

What I'm suggesting is that if all those clubs can get to cup finals while we can't despite greater resources then it suggests there is something wrong with our players and by extension our manager. Even when we were historically poor, say the 60s, we still got to the odd final, so I don't think I am being crazily unrealistic.

I don't think we are going to agree here - or even get in the same ball park.

Calderwood has also only been here since 2004, which is 4 seasons, plus this current one.

You can hardly lay all the blame for not reaching cup finals at JC's feet.

Regardless of how inept our semis were last season, that was an achievement to play in 2 semis.

It is WM and SM's decision on how much our wage budget is. It is up to JC how he spends that

Again, I don;t agree, JC might find players, but WM and SM sort out the financials

Cup games are invariably against the same teams we "scrape consistency" against in the league.  Yes we managed to beat Celtic so why can't we beat QotS?

We all know football doesn't work like that. We beat X and X beat Rangers, so we are better than Rangers. Just No.

JCs cup record is nothing short of appalling.

2 semis last year is not appalling - despite how we played in the semis - reaching 2 semis is nowhere near appaling.

Quite possibly true however the evidence would suggest JC cannot get this group of players, a group of players he has brought in, to be motivated, organised or have even the most basic of skills. I would blame him for that

Again, there is only so much JC can do.

He can pick a team and tell them how to play.

STOP RIGHT THERE...The celtic game at the weekend - clearly our best performance of the season so far - so yes the players can be motivated and produce results - and Jimmy is right - they should do that every week.

You can blame him if you want - but who are the players on the park not doing it - yes those very same players who did it against Celtic last weekend.

As i've said, we are no where near agreeing on anything here, and i've got much better things to do. Agree to differ.

Which of those three wanted to stay? So you could say they sold themselves, as did Nicholson & Lovell.

Hart definitely did. Source at the club, and heard it from various people. He left because they wouldn't pay him the same as Zander.

Anderson, after having talks with other clubs DID want to stay, but he'd shot himself in the foot by asking for money we couldn't afford which led to the club accepting offers.

Anderson, after having talks with other clubs DID want to stay, but he'd shot himself in the foot by asking for money we couldn't afford which led to the club accepting offers.

I had heard that Anderson went back after speaking to clubs to say he would take deal offered only to be told wages had already been allocated to signing the cripple from Wolves.