Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

So if Jimmy were to be punted....

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed on the BBC rumours bit that Windass has been approached for a player/manager role at Grimsby.

*Edit* Just been on the hat and according to Stoney he has been approached by us. Bamba and Windass a winning combination ;).

:lolabove:

Somebody with no managerial experience is exactly what we're needing.

Or worse ... 12 years of playing random formations like 2-2-6 and 1-1-8 with teams of players who don't have the skill to play anything outside 4-4-2.

Or 12 years of route-one football.

12 years of tombolas.

12 years of moulding your team around unskillful amateurs who are fun in the dressing room.

Or worse ... 12 years of playing random formations like 2-2-6 and 1-1-8 with teams of players who don't have the skill to play anything outside 4-4-2.

12 years of tombolas.

12 years of moulding your team around unskillful amateurs who are fun in the dressing room.

Which makes it all the more remarkable that we finished 3rd and 4th in the SPL, two CUP semi finals, and the last 32 of the UEFA cup.

Which makes it all the more remarkable that we finished 3rd and 4th in the SPL, two CUP semi finals, and the last 32 of the UEFA cup.

Yes, and what about all those shiny silver trophies we won for it. ::)

Admittedly i couldnt make the game last night but ive thought long and hard about whether id be happy if calderwood was punted or not.

As much as the buffoon frustrates me i do think things will turn round, as soon as this team clicks i think we will start getting the results and performances. How long that takes i dont know but im confident it will. We've been through the whole sacking managers only for no improvement to happen so i cant see what good giving him the dunt will do now.

I think the most fucked thing about calderwood is that it cant be argued he has been our most succesfull manager in recent years.  Despite this the fans have never taken to him (myself included), yet when we were the worst team in europe under ebbe he had the full support of the fans.  We're a strange bunch its gotta be said

1. Can't sack Jimmy as we can't afford it

2. No-one of the fav's mentioned would want the job - think about it - Willie & Wiggy "Eric, come manage Aberdeen" Eric - "Will I get some cash  for new players?" Wiggy and Milne - "Er, we have to pay the 2 Jimmy's off, so you could sell to buy" (sound of phone hanging up)

3. We all know if we sack Jimmy we have to go cheap for a replacement - so it would be Nicholl if he didn't walk or worse Sandy Clarke - They are the only two financially viable options if we sack JC. As an outside gamble we might end up with Leighton.

As has been said, JC has been fairly successful as a manager at Aberdeen, just hasn't got the boards backing and has signed second rate players who are now not performing.

The club have invested too much in JC at this stage. He will be going nowhere for the foreseeable future so get used to that. We are just going to have to play our way through this spell and its going to be painful. We will get past it though. Try to maintain perspective.

Stop being so damned sensible and accurate.

Allow us to wallow in self pity and loathing for just a while.     

when we were the worst team in europe under ebbe he had the full support of the fans

That's because Ebbe shouldered a hell of a lot of the blame for the shit results. The thrashings at Porkheid were inexplicable. But at least he turned around and said "I didn't prepare the lads" or whatever.

The difference now is, JC never ever ever takes responsibility, despite the fact that it is he who decides to leave Lovell on the bench so that he can give Bebo a runout, or he decides to shove one of our most influential midfielders into defence, or runs with a formation that is so unbalanced that any shite team from Division Two can skip past us in the cup cos we've got too many strikers and not enough defenders.

The fact that people try to defend Ebbe over Jimmy is inexplicable

Totally agree.

I had a lot of time for Ebbe, he was very likeable and could be quite witty, but Jimmy has done far far better.

JC has the highest percentage of competitive matches won since Willie Miller.  Ebbe has the second lowest (to Alex Miller funnily enough).  Plus Ebbe wasn't from Glasgow.  :wave:

That doesn't mean its not time for a change of manager though, we'll see what happens over the next few games to see if JC can turn it around.

• 2 months later...

12 years of tombolas.

I still stand by that statement Mizer.