Friday 14th June 2024

Euro 2024 - 🇩🇪 Germany v 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Scotland - kick-off 8pm

Red Army wrong to boo Dons players

I think it WILL take a while for our midfield to gel, pre season or no.  I also said previously that I think it will take Calderwood the entire three years for him to build up the team to the strength, we had previously.  By that I mean players with the skill, building a team with confidence and having a team that are comfortable in a formation with each other.

The players seem to be playing as if they are strangers to each other, and to a point they are.  This, however wont wash in a couple of months time.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the things is, there was a point, fairly recently, where I felt Aberdeen could go and play teams such as Kllie and St mirren and confidently say that they will take three points, or a draw at worst, home or away.  I certaintly dont feel this way about the current team at the moment, and certaintly havent felt that way since about the time of being knocked out by unt in the semi last season.

This feeling rises from the points i mentioned along with some recent dire results.

Don't we have more points from the first 6 games this season than we did last year?

We do have more points from the first 6 games this season than we did last year. ( 7 points to 5)

However if we were to use the same fixtures as this year, using the score from first time those fixtures* were played last season, then last season wins 13 points to 7.    (* Hamilton replacing Gretna)

Statistics are like mini-skirts ......

We do have more points from the first 6 games this season than we did last year. ( 7 points to 5)

However if we were to use the same fixtures as this year, using the score from first time those fixtures* were played last season, then last season wins 13 points to 7.    (* Hamilton replacing Gretna)

Statistics are like mini-skirts ......

Regardless of the opposition we have more points than this stage last season. 

I don't think folk should jeer, moan, and boo during the matches.  It does absolutely no good whatsoever. After the match is the time to boo and let the team/manager know how you feel imo.

Did we not have a tougher start to the league last season though? I would say that despite having more points on the board, we should not have lost to the teams we have done. Its pathetic. We were listening to Jimmy on the radio after the game on Wednesday, and when asked what he was going to do about the situation, he actually had no idea about how to turn things around. Just skirted around the subject and chatted shite. He couldn't give us an answer, and to say we played well going forward? Who was he watching? We had a Jambo with us and he couldn't believe how shite we were or even why we didn't bring on a sub in the 75/80th min. We have every right to boo this bunch.

No idea whether we are better or not. When we have played a full quarter of the season we'll see.

It doesn't look good though as the comparison with the corresponding league fixtures from last season suggests.

I take back the better than last year comment after being knocked out of the cup at the first hurdle.  :-\

Anyone trying to claim that we are in better shape than last year on the basis of points gained is clutching at straws. You are not comparing apples with apples, simple fact.

However, I think we have to deploy a little patience here. I understand we are all hurting from the performances and results but as someone said, this is a new side and we have to believe that they will pull it together eventually. I'm not naive to believe that it is all going to be rosey and I have long felt that JC has reached his limitations but I'm still willing to wait and see what comes of the next few months.

A few better results and things will look much better, tragically for the SPL I still suspect we will end up 3rd :-[

If I can bring us back on to topic, Scott Severin says in today's Record that we shouldn't boo them at half time if it's 0-0.

As captain, he should be more interested in what his players do on the field than what's going on in the stands.

If the players don't like the booing, then they know what to do about it.

He does have a point, well unless its against some non-league side and they've been out played.

I always think you should back the team during the game (until its obvious we have no chance of getting anything out of it) and express feelings of disgust etc at the end. Booing during the game or at half time, isnt going to help the team get anywhere.

Googled

"

Professional athletes are sometimes called journeymen. It is not a technical or well-defined designation, instead it is generally given to players who are skilled enough to remain in pro sports but not skilled enough to earn themselves a permanent position on a team. Players given this moniker tend to be adept at a particular aspect of their sport, but do not possess well-rounded talent comparable to their more-successful peers. They are traded between or signed by several different teams over their career, sometimes even over the course of a single season, based on the teams' need for a player with a specific talent."