Beware of the gow

No not Allan Gow, but the gows.

http://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/Article.aspx/796355

Red Army’s feathers ruffled over cheeky birds

Published: 22/08/2008

PIE IN THE SKY: Hot takeaway food on sale at Pittodrie has been attracting dive-bombing seagulls in the Richard Donald Stand.

More Pictures

THE seagulls have landed at Pittodrie ... and they are here to stay.

An invasion of the scavenging birds is making life hell for fans attending Aberdeen’s home games.

The club received complaints from supporters in the Richard Donald Stand at the SPL opener against Inverness Caley Thistle because seagulls were diving down at them during the game.

The bad news for fans attending Saturday’s showdown with Rangers is there is nothing the Dons can do about their seagull problem.

Aberdeen stadium manager John Morgan said: “Seagulls are a protected species so we have been told we will just have to grin and bear it.

“We have used hawks in the past to scare birds away, but we can’t do that while fans are in the stadium.

“It’s frustrating because the seagulls are becoming a nuisance.â€

Morgan blamed the quality of the Pittodrie pies for the increase in the numbers of seagulls invading the stadium on match days.

“The smell of hot food is what attracts them,†he said.

“They then swoop down on any food dropped by spectators.

“I suppose it could be seen as a compliment to the quality of our pies!â€

Fans going to the Rangers game are being urged to discard rubbish into the Rangers section of the South Stand to reduce the risk of being pestered by the seagulls.

:lolabove:

I noticed last season they didn't seem to be there anymore. Then At the pre-season game against Manchester United they were back again, and they were a nusience in the Caley thistle game. Not enough to complain about, but a bit annoying.

What I'm wondering is how they got rid of them last season?

Fuck Hawks, have you not seen the size of these bastards!? We need Eagles or something big, otherwise I reckon the seagulls would still win!

Are you talking about the one outside the broadhill after the ultras tournament? It was FUCKING MASSIVE!!

why not site "dummy" hawks on top of the stands to scare off the buggers. Fraserburgh did that with mechanical ones that flapped their wings every now and then to fool the gulls into thinking they were real. Give us something to watch during the game as well!!

why not site "dummy" hawks on top of the stands to scare off the buggers. Fraserburgh did that with mechanical ones that flapped their wings every now and then to fool the gulls into thinking they were real. Give us something to watch during the game as well!!

We could put Lee Mair up there. He performs a similar function in the back 4 (without scaring anyone, except us of course)

I had a mate who got mugged by a seagull. On Belmont Street outside O'briens. He bought a roll and came out onto the street. The seagull flew down hit him in the puss and flew off with his lunch. He chased after it for a about 5 yards before realising he looked like a total muppet. He is a Rangers fan so maybe its all creatures of any size hate the huns!