Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Inverness

Guest Caroline B

It was absolutely gutless, Miller's about the only player who earned his wages.

If we have to put up with a whole season of Foster at right back, I'm seriously going to consider not going back.

And to think, that's pretty damn close to our strongest team  :-\

I would add Mackie to that. I'm not his biggest fan but I'd play ahead of Bebo. That little fud needs to get to feck.  :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ally s

All this criticism is a bit ott isn't it?  It's only the 1st game of the season and players need time to gel.  To be honest I wouldn't be surprised it we struggled in our next 3 or 4 games.

I think most of the players JC has brought in are pretty decent, we'll come good soon enough. :thumbsup:

Quite a shocking attendance yesterday for our season opener. Would have thought we have got more than 12K for a game against the sneck. Back on topic though, we should not be losing to the likes of ICT at HOME. On their patch is fair enough because its a difficult place to go, but at Pittodrie, not acceptable. JC, get it sorted and fast.

Why?? 9 times out of 10 these are awful awful games to watch.

All this criticism is a bit ott isn't it?  It's only the 1st game of the season and players need time to gel.  To be honest I wouldn't be surprised it we struggled in our next 3 or 4 games.

I think most of the players JC has brought in are pretty decent, we'll come good soon enough. :thumbsup:

The problem is that the problems seen on Saturday are not new. They are the same problems which have plagued us since the end of JC's first season here.

- Inability to play players in correct positions

- Inability to get players fit

- Inability to train Langfield to KICK a fucking ball

- Inability to identify gaping holes in squad, which are plain for all to see

- Inability to motivate players properly, regardless of the size of the game

- Inability to accept responsibility for problems of his own making

If this was a one-off, I could handle it. It's not. This season will follow the same pattern as last year, but without the creativity of Nicholson in midfield, I reckon we are a stick on for the bottom six.

GUTTED Jimmy Calderwood admits even Wayne Rooney would struggle to score in his side when the service is so bad.

Caldo said: "The service in to the strikers has to be better. You need quality and pace. When it's not there even Wayne Rooney would struggle to score."

THIS IS NOT A NEW PROBLEM, CALDERWOOD - THE FANS HAVE BEEN TELLING YOU THIS FOR ALMOST TWO FUCKING YEARS.

He whines about service, but chooses to spunk his budget on journeyman defensive midfielders and a striker with a mediocre goalscoring record. It's clear to see that Maguir and de Visscher are not up to standard. If the rest of the world can see it, why the fuck can't you?

Swallow your pride and admit that your own signings have not been up to scratch. Flogging a dead donkey by persisting with Maguire and de Visscher is doing nobody any good. There is still time before the transfer window closes. GET IT FUCKING SORTED, YOU USELESS BLIVET.

Is Seve a central defender?

When everybody's fit, I'd rather have him in centra defence ahead of Considine.

Is Foster a defender?

No but that's probably supposed to be his natural position, as he's certainly not left footed.

Is Maguire a winger?

Definitely not, which is why he started the match up front.

Is Langfield a goalkeeper?

He's supposed to be.

When everybody's fit, I'd rather have him in centra defence ahead of Considine.

So would I, but that's not what I asked. Seve may be a better CB than Considine, but that's a sad reflection on Considine as opposed to a glowing endorsement of Seve as a CB.

Is Severin a central defender?

No but that's probably supposed to be his natural position, as he's certainly not left footed.

So, you agree that he was played out of position. If not on Saturday, then for the whole of last season.

Definitely not, which is why he started the match up front.

Half of the match up front; half of the match on the left wing. He can't a) score goals or b) cross. Again, played out of position, years too early.

It staggers me that anybody can even contemplate defending JC against a charge of playing people out of positions.

It staggers me that anybody can even contemplate defending JC against a charge of playing people out of positions.

I'm not defending him.  The line-up and formation was the one I suggested in the Inverness thread (albeit with Wright or Mackie starting ahead of Maguire).  It could/should have been good enough to beat ICT.

I'm not defending him.  The line-up and formation was the one I suggested in the Inverness thread (albeit with Wright or Mackie starting ahead of Maguire).  It could/should have been good enough to beat ICT.

I agree; it should have been good enough, but when you combine players out of position with poor preparation and little confidence in their own abilities, you are asking for trouble.

I really can't understand how JC remains oblivious to the fact that the players seem to be in completely the wrong frame of mind, don't appear to have any sense of purpose when attacking, and are inevitably hurting the team's cumulative performance (however unintentionally) by being played out of position.

Things can only get better  :thumbsup: ..................I hope  :-\

They can and they will.

I just about gave myself a hernia on Saturday simply from shouting at that lazy cunt de Visscher but now the dust has settled it's up to JC to see what we all saw and mix things up a bit for Saturday.  It's been patently obvious for a long, long time now that we do not pose a threat at all from wide positions.  So JC, if you're not going to sign a decent winger, you have two options - you either change your style of play or you give the young and hungry (and obviously talented) Peter Pawlett a chance to stake his claim and make his mark.  It's also patently obvious that Jamie Smith plays better for us up front, through the middle.

Although Miller did what he did quite well, his movement off the ball is still really bad and it kind of summed up Aberdeen's lack of sharpness all day.  If there is one thing you need on the first day of the season, if it's the one thing you can't afford to sacrifice, you need to be match-sharp.  Not a single one of them looked sharp and that is a damning indictment on the motivation and coaching side of things.

Severin will never convince me as a central defender and this is Jimmy Calderwood's ultimate sin.  Why?  Calderwood still subscribes to the total-football-inspired idea that midfielders whose legs have gone can drop in as a sweeper.  A sweeper in a 4-4-2?  Playing up against a team who is also playing with 2 strikers?  As a sweeper in a 3-5-2 maybe I'd change my mind.  But this is completely forgetting the physical nature of defensive play.  Scott Severin would struggle to mark his own shadow and that is not exactly inspirational to those around him, so a centre-back in a 4-man defence he aint.  Both goals on Saturday came from extremely slack defensive play rather than ICT breaking us down.

So if we get Diamond in on Saturday, Considine to keep his concentration for 90 minutes and Seve to get back in and assert himself in the midfield, I've no doubt the Dons can be buzzing again come Saturday.  If there is no reaction on Saturday then JC's card will be well and truly marked.  Whilst there is no denying that the result and performance was abominable on Saturday, we are only one game in and what better chance to get a reaction than to beat Motherwell on their own patch on Saturday leading into the big one a week later.  Mon the Dons!!!  :AFC2:

Is Foster a defender?

He's consistently been played out of position for years. I'd argue that he probably should be a defender, or certainly on that side of the pitch.

What worries me more is if JdV is going to start more games. He's backup at best.

I've calmed down since Saturday as i realised - IT WAS JUST THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. Whens the last time we won the first game? It hasnt stopped us before in getting a decent finish in recent seasons, has it? Im just looking forward to Motherwell game as the next time, i think, we will fail to get at least 1 point from a game is the Celtic game on the 27th of NEXT month(Well - Draw, Filth - WIN, St Mirren - win, Accies - win, Scumdee - win).

By the way, did anyone hear on the radio(Original106) earlier that Stewart Milne said - you'll like this one - funds avaliable?

By the way, did anyone hear on the radio(Original106) earlier that Stewart Milne said - you'll like this one - funds avaliable?

Jesus. Calderwood has more money to spend. Now there's a scary thought.

I fully expect to see Scott Wilson in a Dons shirt for the game against the Huns.

I disagree that the criticism is ott, as that "performance" on Saturday was gutless and a total disgrace.

Very few in the team looked like they could be arsed playing, and I'd only give Mulgrew pass marks out of the new signings.

Hopefully you are right that we will come good soon enough, I'm not convinced  :thumbsup: