Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Inverness

Guest Caroline B

Guest Caroline B

Just in from the match. Disaster from start to finish.

Midfield bypassed totally with Inverness running over the top of anything in the middle

2 Dons players playing wide but no width.

Can't really find anything positive to say about our perfomance at all.

Marks out of 10 = 2 for little effort

I'm off for a nice long bath and into town afterwards to sink a few!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just in from the match. Disaster from start to finish.

Midfield bypassed totally with Inverness running over the top of anything in the middle

2 Dons players playing wide but no width.

Can't really find anything positive to say about our perfomance at all.

Marks out of 10 = 2 for little effort

I'm off for a nice long bath and into town afterwards to sink a few!

I really do wonder why I bother looking forward to the new season. The more things change, the more they stay the same as someone once said. (surely a Dons supporter who coined that one)

After years of praying for an "easy" opening fixture, we get one and even fuck that up too. 

It was absolutely gutless, Miller's about the only player who earned his wages.

If we have to put up with a whole season of Foster at right back, I'm seriously going to consider not going back.

And to think, that's pretty damn close to our strongest team  :-\

Guest swaddon

I really do wonder why I bother looking forward to the new season. The more things change, the more they stay the same as someone once said. (surely a Dons supporter who coined that one)

After years of praying for an "easy" opening fixture, we get one and even fuck that up too. 

This new season is like waiting for Christmas, only to open your presents and find a steaming turd in the box.

Guest swaddon

yeah, but i'd asked for that, i didn't ask for us to lose today!  ;)

The Hat is in meltdown.  Apparently ICT "outschooled" us today, whatever that means.

I'll be avoiding the hat for a bit, I suppose it'll be full of the usual 'Jimmy Must Go' pish.

It was absolutely gutless, Miller's about the only player who earned his wages.

If we have to put up with a whole season of Foster at right back, I'm seriously going to consider not going back.

And to think, that's pretty damn close to our strongest team  :-\

Fair point there he's a serious joke when it comes to defending. Maybury was nowt special last season but atleast he could defend consistently over the course a game.

Didn't think Miller was all that great myself but the service he got was dire. :hammer:

Good shift from Kerr- cut out a few of their moves which may have resulted in more goals! :o

Not a fan of mackie but today he came on and looked interesting, missed chances but atleast he got near them unlike Miller and Maguire.

Jimmy has until Christmas i reckon, not saying this because of today but last season in the league was poor, he needs to buck up his ideas.

Nothing melting.......the nice big server is handling the praise for JC well.

"Outschooled" is "slang" boxing terminology, but appears to be slipping more into other sports. Kids these days..... ::)

Disappointing result today. I don't suppose there are any positives.

No need to be so defensive...i'm sure you've got more than enough money to chuck into the furnace to keep it going....

Im sure teams are going to notice that more or less every dead ball situation it Miller that we try to pick out. Their win against us, just wished it was a different time. Foster was shite. Lost count how many times he passed to a Caley player. Langfields kicking -  :o Someone was having a go at Smith at the end and Smith rightly spoke back to him, he is one of our best players but we cant expect him to produce every game. He was like the rest of the players - below average. 1 positive - Mulgrew's skill at the end of the first half made an ICT player look stupid

Someone was having a go at Smith at the end and Smith rightly spoke back to him, he is one of our best players but we cant expect him to produce every game. He was like the rest of the players - below average.

Fuck right off, a fan pays money to see these players PLAY FOOTBALL, they have the right to have ago when they are playing shit, Smith was awful the whole game and deserved the abuse, he had little if no right to have a go back, that fan is helping pay for wages FFS.

Fuck right off, a fan pays money to see these players PLAY FOOTBALL, they have the right to have ago when they are playing shit, Smith was awful the whole game and deserved the abuse, he had little if no right to have a go back, that fan is helping pay for wages FFS.

Mini, I don't 100% disagree with you, but sometimes, players just have off days and they just have to be accepted and as such fans just have to try to show a bit of patience and restraint.  You may say Smith shouldn't react, but he's one of our better players over the course of the season and I'm sure he was just as frustrated as anyone in the ground with his performance.

True but every player has good days and bad days and this for Smith was a bad day. Christano Ronaldo - although most games are a good game for him- has bad games too in which he has no effect on the game

Nothing worse than a fan having a go at a player and not liking the player biting, why complain when they are getting the reaction they want?

Guest swaddon

I for one dont think its pish even if we had won today i have never rated calderwood he buys crap players then to make it worse plays them out of position.

I don't agree with some of his decisions and purchases, but to be calling for his head after one game of the season is ludicrous. If that is what they are saying on AFC-Chat. If it's Christmas and we are still propping up the table, then it's time to go.

Mini, I don't 100% disagree with you, but sometimes, players just have off days and they just have to be accepted and as such fans just have to try to show a bit of patience and restraint.  You may say Smith shouldn't react, but he's one of our better players over the course of the season and I'm sure he was just as frustrated as anyone in the ground with his performance.

I see your point but Smith has showed and offered alot of his time here but in actual fact he has delivered very little, it may seem harsh to single out one player but as a top earner and top player WE (the fans) expect more.

Foster was far from the worst performer today, and I thought what Lee Miller did he did well.  

Business as usual for Langfield.  

Jamie Smith looked very low on confidence.

Maguire is totally out of his depth in the SPL, Caley have a very ordinary backline - but they're big blokes who do what defenders are meant to do...defend, and they must have loved defending against an 8 stone midget fairy like bebo.

New signings looked ok although there were a couple of shakey moments from Mulgrew.

Best - Miller 6/10

Worst - Maguire 2/10

Everyone else somewhere in between.

Very bad start to what could be a difficult campaign.  We need a big perfomance at Motherwell next week.

I see your point but Smith has showed and offered alot of his time here but in actual fact he has delivered very little, it may seem harsh to single out one player but as a top earner and top player WE (the fans) expect more.

I expect more of the whole team (obviously i wasn't at the game, but we shouldn't be losing at home. And we certainly shouldn't be losing at home to ICT).  I've done it myself, berated players because I was so angry - I was David Preece's nemesis for a couple of years  ;) - but, why the mock outrage when the guy offers something back?

Smith was terrible today, an abortion of a performance. For a winger he spent far too much time in the centre circle and as a result made neither the forward runs to the by-line or offered the protection to the full back, which left us seriously exposed at the back

Jeff also vastly underperformed, he always seems like he is running in treacle, so slow its unreal.

Because both our "wingers" were so bad it effected our whole game plan, we were over run in midfield.

Thats without even mentioning the fact there were large periods of the match we couldnt even string two passes together.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Just back from the game. Absolute disgrace, only players who did them (and the club) any credit were Mulgrew (thought he did OK), Miller and Mackie. The rest were average at best. The first goal was a joke and if Zander was fit enough to be on the bench he was fit enough to bloody well start...  :hammer: