🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Duff says sorry for Balmoor battering

Duff says sorry for Balmoor battering

We let down Dons fans

By Sean Wallace

Published: 19/07/2008

DISTRAUGHT: Jimmy Calderwood.

More Pictures

DONS defender Stuart Duff today apologised to the Red Army for the shameful 4-0 friendly defeat at Peterhead.

Duff admits the Dons let down their large travelling support as they were over-run by the Second Division part-timers.

He said: “I would like to apologise to the fans who travelled to Peterhead to watch us.

“We let them down with a very poor performance.

“It was not good enough for a club of Aberdeen’s stature.

“We let ourselves, the fans, the manager, the coaching staff and everyone associated with the club down.

“Every single Aberdeen player who was out on that pitch should hold their hands up and say they were not good enough.

“It was very disappointing and we need to rectify that soon.â€

Dons boss Jimmy Calderwood fielded his full strength side apart from the injured Scott Severin and Zander Diamond.

But they were brushed aside by the Blue Toon.

And Duff realises the Dons must turn on the style in a friendly away to Brechin City on Monday night.

“The Brechin game cannot come soon enough because it offers us a chance to rectify this loss,†he said.

“All the players are hurting after losing 4-0.

“But we just have to take the criticism on the chin, get our heads straight and focus on the next game.â€

Duff urged Aberdeen fans not to read too much into their poor friendly form.

“We want to win every game we play in, but pre-season friendlies are not the be-all-and-end-all.

“It is all about getting our strength and match fitness ahead of the new season.

“When the SPL kicks off we will be firing on all cylinders.â€

Calderwood conceded the performance was “unaccepptable.â€

“We didn’t show enough hunger or desire,†he said.

“You get results like these during the pre-season, but that doesn’t mean you have to accept them.

“Our defending was sloppy and we never reached the standards needed to compete with Peterhead, who were up for it.

“We gifted them the first two goals and never really recovered from that.

“Well done to Peterhead, they deserved to win.

“It’s upsetting, but I would rather lose now than when the season has started. We will sort ourselves out.â€

Striker Lee Miller and Duff suffered knocks and are doubts for Monday’s game at Brechin.

Fairly standard stuff.

Would have been better if he came out and said

"I'm not a fucking RB but the gaffer keeps playing me there.  Then to make matters worse he puts those fucking clowns Mair and Considine together next to me.  How the hell is that going to work? 

The boss says the defence was sloppy.  Big-fucking-surprise.  Sloppy suggests that Mair, Considine and myself as a RB can do better. We can't.  We're fucking useless".

Heard it all before and will here it again if we continue to play players of the standard of Duff, Mair and Foster.

We can afford to pay to have players like that in the team.

We also have to have players fit for the start of the season which means they have to play pre-season games.

Despite all that, getting beaten from that mob is a stinger but not one to be that bothered about, the first game of the seaosn is a long way off.

The shape of things to come.

If Duff and his buddies can't beat Peter-fucking-heid on a level playing field (pre-season when both teams are supposedly trying to get match fit) then this is a sad indictment of their ability.

4-0 means either the players we have are terminally shite (and in Duff's case this is absolutely correct) or they just didn't try a leg, and have no qualms about getting raped by a team of posties and as such have less self-respect than the homeless weegies that beg for money on Union Street.

I don't want to hear a word of apology from this cunt.  What I want is for him, and a number of his buddies, to get the fuck out of the club, permanently.

And he can take Bossu with him, because neither are even the standard of player I would have in my reserve squad.

Save your apologies, Duff. You're pish and I expect no more from you than being part of a team that either hasn't the ability or self respect to try against Peterheid.

The people who should be apologising are Milne, Miller and Calderwood for bringing shite like you to the club in the first place.

The shape of things to come.

If Duff and his buddies can't beat Peter-fucking-heid on a level playing field (pre-season when both teams are supposedly trying to get match fit) then this is a sad indictment of their ability.

4-0 means either the players we have are terminally shite (and in Duff's case this is absolutely correct) or they just didn't try a leg, and have no qualms about getting raped by a team of posties and as such have less self-respect than the homeless weegies that beg for money on Union Street.

I don't want to hear a word of apology from this cunt.  What I want is for him, and a number of his buddies, to get the fuck out of the club, permanently.

And he can take Bossu with him, because neither are even the standard of player I would have in my reserve squad.

Save your apologies, Duff. You're pish and I expect no more from you than being part of a team that either hasn't the ability or self respect to try against Peterheid.

The people who should be apologising are Milne, Miller and Calderwood for bringing shite like you to the club in the first place.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

The voice of reason as usual. And if you didn't know, BKK.  :thumbsup:

Duff said sorry so I now feel so much better about being humiliated by Peterheid  ::)

Would have been better if he came out and said

"I'm not a fucking RB but the gaffer keeps playing me there.  Then to make matters worse he puts those fucking clowns Mair and Considine together next to me.  How the hell is that going to work? 

The boss says the defence was sloppy.  Big-fucking-surprise.   Sloppy suggests that Mair, Considine and myself as a RB can do better. We can't.  We're fucking useless".

:lolabove: