Saturday 4 May 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v St Johnstone

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Bebo signs 3 year deal

http://www.afc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/clubNewsDetail/0,,10284~1344944,00.html

Aberdeen have received another boost with the news that teenager Chris Maguire has put pen to paper on a three year extension that will see him stay at Pittodrie until at least the summer of 2011.

The 19 year old Glaswegian, who was linked with a possible move south a couple of months ago, joined the Dons in January 2005 and is delighted to be staying.

"There's no better place to learn than here in Aberdeen and my main objective right now is to establish myself as a first team regular here."

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jury still out on Bebo.

This season is going to be a big one for him and he needs to produce the goods week in week out.

Suppose if he does no worse than last season we can ask coventry to up their £300k by a couple of zeros as God said last month ;)

He tried the hardest last night and quite often does that in games and does have some good poaching ability, however I am worried that he doesnt have the footballing ability outwith that to be a top striker. He's signed on, so lets hope he does well this season.

At least Aberdeen Ladette will be happy  :thumbsup:

He has banged them in for the reserves, so hopefully he can do the same after a decent run out. 

Even budgie used to score quite a few in the reserves  :-\ But as you say if he gets some confidence and the right balls played into him he may do alright.

Guest ally s

The lads still only 19.

By no means the finished article but showed enough promise towards the end of last season when he got a run to warrent this contract. 

Good luck to he lad.

Completely agree with this.  He's also bulked up a bit so hopefully he won't be brushed off the ball as easily.

Guest fatshaft

The lads still only 19.

By no means the finished article but showed enough promise towards the end of last season when he got a run to warrent this contract. 

Good luck to he lad.

Agree as well. At 19 some are expecting too much of him.

The lads still only 19.

Good luck to he lad.

Hasn't quite lived up to the promise he showed in his first start against Killie a couple of season's ago, but he showed a good poacher's instinct in the run-in so hopefully can build on that.  AFC (and Coventry) clearly see something in Beebs so i'm happy that he's staying on.

Jury still out on Bebo.

This season is going to be a big one for him and he needs to produce the goods week in week out.

Suppose if he does no worse than last season we can ask coventry to up their £300k by a couple of zeros as God said last month ;)

The guy showed genuine flashes of quality last season, towards the end, scoring important goals just when required.

There was a time in the not so distant past that would have moaned like a mizer over this but the boy has talent and I'm quite happy about this contract extension.

The guy showed genuine flashes of quality last season, towards the end, scoring important goals just when required.

There was a time in the not so distant past that would have moaned like a mizer over this but the boy has talent and I'm quite happy about this contract extension.

Agreed, but needs to produce it week in week out to move to the next level. Also needs to be played through the middle on a regular basis, as is never going to be a wide player

He tried the hardest last night and quite often does that in games and does have some good poaching ability, however I am worried that he doesnt have the footballing ability outwith that to be a top striker. He's signed on, so lets hope he does well this season.

At least Aberdeen Ladette will be happy   :thumbsup:

Very  :thumbsup:

I said similar last night Funster in that I think he shows genuine flashes of quality, and like at the end of last season when he is played in his favoured position he scores goals as well as performs better overall.

I think it's a good piece of business by AFC getting him signed up on a longer deal now.

He'd probably be better off at a club with professional facilities and a good youth development system. Hibs would be a fantastic place for him to learn his trade.

He's got little to no chance of improving his game at a club like Aberdeen, so what you see is more or less what you're going to get.

Agreed he's young, and he's at a stage where players begin to pack on some muscle, but if he wants to develop as a player he's at the wrong club.

Did himself no favours signing a 3 year deal with us.

I agree TF! Unusual I know....