🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Man Utd

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swaddon

2-0 Rooney.

Stream has been ok, though a little jumpy. But thats more my net connection than anything!

Fucking ugly scouse cunt. :hammer:

my stream got slower and slower till eventually it was about 10mins behind the commentary

not that I feel i missed out. Pre -season friendlies are so bad.

There was about as much atmosphere there as with the friendly with rapid bucharest a few seasons back (and only 7000 turned up for that)

Bit agrieved man u didnt at least lie down for the last minute and let us get a goal.

Recall a pre season friendly they had with Wrexham in which they let the welshies score 2 goals in the last minute to claim a draw.

I thought Shrek dived for the penalty.  Mackie had the ball in the net in the first half but it was apparently offside.

Bossu is massive, a real giant!

Duncan Shearer is also massive these days, but in a different direction!

Jess looks like he could still do a job for us!

Didn't think much of the European champions to be honest, Aberdeen actually played quite well.

Way too many Aberdeen 'fans' there to see Manchester United. A standing ovation for Rooney but harldy a clap for the Aberdeen players? It was bizzare.

Guest swaddon

Didn't think much of the European champions to be honest, Aberdeen actually played quite well.

Way too many Aberdeen 'fans' there to see Manchester United. A standing ovation for Rooney but harldy a clap for the Aberdeen players? It was bizzare.

They see oor players every week, but Rooney doesn't often come to Pittodrie.

Utter waste of £20. I'd have liked to have come away from there saying how great it was to see such obviously talented players at Pittodrie, but United barely broke out of walking pace, and didn't even need to to comfortably win. Wish i'd gone to the pub and watched it instead.

4 weeks to go? Thank christ.

Sir Alex comments on Redweb:

"It was a great day, very emotional in a lot of ways. You drive up to the stadium and see a lot of faces you haven't seen for years, and then to meet up with the players from 25 years ago, great players, terrific lads, it was very nice, I really enjoyed it.

"The game itself was quite open, not especially physical. Both teams created a couple of chances, and we've both come through it without any injuries, improved the players' fitness, so it's been very valuable.

"Wayne Rooney did well for us, played well on the shoulder of the defenders, made the first goal, then scored the second, so he was a handful for Aberdeen.

"But I thought Aberdeen played some nice football. They weren't afraid to play which is important.

"The big centre-forward, Miller, he was a handful in the first half for us, he gave Vidic a hard time which isn't easy.

"For Aberdeen, it's a long term thing. They're trying to introduce their own players which is nice to see, but it takes time."

Guest swaddon

Out of interest, does anyone know whether the Aberdeen goal should have stood or not?

I thought it was onside and was suprised it was given off, but with no replays I can't be sure.

I saw the brief highlights on Sky Sports News earlier, and he did look a little bit offside. The cock presenting the news said that the game was to mark the 25th Anniversary of our European Cup win over Real Madrid, but I'm pretty sure SV Hamburg won the European Cup that year.

"But I thought Aberdeen played some nice football. They weren't afraid to play which is important.

"The big centre-forward, Miller, he was a handful in the first half for us, he gave Vidic a hard time which isn't easy.

"For Aberdeen, it's a long term thing. They're trying to introduce their own players which is nice to see, but it takes time."

What a nice thing to say. :thumbsup:

I watched the game on MUTV and their commentators thought our goal should have stood.  Any angle they showed it at though was inconclusive.  Fair play to MUTV as well, 90% of the build up was about our 1983 side which was good to see and they were very complimentary about our team and our supporters.