Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dundee v Aberdeen

We had a chance after 2 mins when Miller hit the post, and I think they've had one chance. Sounds run of mill pre season friendly.

Lovell is there according to RedTV commentators. Find it strange he's hanging around so much and no talk of getting a club in press. He even had a 'special message' for someone at half time on Saturday.

You or Amy  ;)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a chance after 2 mins when Miller hit the post, and I think they've had one chance. Sounds run of mill pre season friendly.

Lovell is there according to RedTV commentators. Find it strange he's hanging around so much and no talk of getting a club in press. He even had a 'special message' for someone at half time on Saturday.

Signed for Dundee according to folk on the hat.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  8)

Pretty dire... but usual pre-season fodder.

Things can only get better  :thumbsup:

Hit the post in first few minutes... only moment of excitement from an Aberdeen point of view (before I left 20 mins prior to full time).

And globes - I'll give you "part time supporter"   >:D

Was just trying to beat the traffic and get home before i fell asleep at the wheel  8)

We were just amazed you lasted longer than half-time Jager!  ;)

Aberdeen were shockingly bad, pre-season game is not an excuse for that performance.

Clangers even managed to kick out the ball for a corner  :hammer:

Dinnae ask me how all the new players did, as the team were mainly playing in the wrong numbers and I got all confussed! (nae spelling mistake FJ, intentional!). In others opinions on train back Young, Duff and McDonald were worst three (7, 11 and 8 ???).

I haven't renewed my ST yet, and on that performance I'm now even less likely too

Not a single shot on target for Dons in truely awful performance.  Got a feeling a few of the Globe Reds will have something to say about it.  Wish i was as drunk as them watching that though!!

I think we may have upset a few of the pro jimmy crowd  :thumbsup:

I thought Duff was one of our best players. ???

We had best players  ??? ???  :stretcher: :stretcher: :tumbleweed: :tumbleweed:

Derek Young for me was the most woeful, but lots of the other guys on the train had valid reasons for voting for other players namely Duff and McDonald as Aberdeenladette says.

My mate in the Dundee end text me midway through the 2nd half saying they were poor and we were poor and the game was clearly heading for a 0-0, and he was right. Worryingly I keep thinking that Bebo was our best player (simply because Seve was ok but in the wrong position) and that was him having his average game. Thats how poor we were.

Langfield - bad kicking, otherwise not much else to do

Mair - didn't look too sharp but did OK

S Smith - looked sharp, eager to please, played some neat passes, made a couple of good tackles.  Rough round the edges but wouldn't be scared to pitch him in again.

Kerr - looks like he'll be a big player for us, likes to pull the strings and always chose the right option

Considine - a bit rocky in places but did OK

Severin - looks really short of confidence playing back there

Young - unfit and played some terrible passes but had one or two good touches as well

McDonald - good engine but far too many wayward passes, mind you if he sorts that out we could have the making of a good midfield pairing with him and Kerr

Miller - some good touches but needs to up his work-rate.  Lays the ball off and stands still rather than making space for himself

Maguire - did OK but he's not the answer

Duff - looked composed on the ball, distribution was good, probably our best player on the night

Foster - added some much-needed sharpness to the proceedings when he came in, giving us a genuine threat down the left hand side

J Smith - as with Foster, allowed Dons to go up a notch, but by then there were too many tired legs

Mackie - usual Mackie, got in about them, more of a threat than Maguire

Stewart - didn't get long enough but looks like a hard-worker

These games all about getting players' fitness levels up and experimenting with players and formations.  We did OK in the circumstances but we should make more of how they're doing come the last game of the Holland tour when they're fit and sharp.