Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Magic Moments

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest swaddon

Alan Combe's cock up when he threw the ball against Makie's head to lob himself. Probably Mackie's 2nd best ever goal. Best obviously against the tims last season.

Better than his header against Dnipro?

There's been a few.

* Singing "Fuck Martin O'Neill, fuck Martin O'Neill" for about ten minutes into my mate's answerphone after the 2-0 win over Celtic at Pittodrie 2001.

* Same game, the snowballs. Petrov was a greetin bairn, but the best was when Alan Thompson looked up and did a "bring it on" gesture to Section Y ... to which a ton of snow was "brought on" by the Red Army in his general direction.

* Preseason tour of Denmark - applauding Zerouali when he was heading for the team bus following the final game. He got sent off for sticking the Vs up to the ref, so we all stuck the Vs up to him and he cracked up laughing

* Almondvale 2002 - Eugene Dadi feels what it's like to have the boot on the other foot when the entire travelling red army sang with venom "who the, who the, who the fuck is Dadi"

* 3-2 win over the huns - what a Roy Of The Rovers match that was! We go 2-0 up. They claw it back to 2-2. Then PRicksen gets sent off. Then we go and score the winning goal from an absolutely sublime Jamie Smith strike! That was one of the most perfect games of football I've seen the Dons play in recent years. It had everything in it!!

The story with John Inglis starts with my step-father pointing him out walking towards the players entrance at Firhill.  I ran to get his autograph with that hideous blue and yellow stripped A-Fab jersey on, "Smith 6" plastered round the back.  My Home Northsound top has "Inglis 5" printed on the rear which is key to the tale.  Start to say hello to the guy and realise don`t have a pen to get his scribble.  Being quite rude I interupted what he was saying to me to run towards my step-father shouting for a biro.  Then this random old lady out of nowhere digs into her bag gives me a small bookie type writing instrument telling me to keep it.  She probably wasn`t even attending the game.  As he`s signing my programme I say to him;

"John your my favourite player.  Thanks very much for doing this", to which he replies.

"So why have you got Gary Smith`s name on your back?" and my answer is;

"Well my mum didn`t wash it in time!"

The programme was black so you can`t even see the JJ signature very well.  Match finished 2-2 after we were 2-0 up at the break.  I`m sure Stephen Wright scored that day.

Match finished 2-2 after we were 2-0 up at the break.  I`m sure Stephen Wright scored that day.

I know the game you speak of, I believe we got stuck outside and missed the first 5 minutes. Ran up onto the terrace after 5 minutes or so to see the ball get played towards Nicky Walker (playing for Partick) runs out and headers the ball away. It lands at the feet of Stephen Wright who controls it on the halfway line and launches it in over Nicky Walker's head.

A few of mine...

- vs Dundee at Dens circa 2002. I dragged myself out of bed with the flu to go to the game as my mate and some of his friends were coming down from Aberdeen to see it. 2-0 down at half time, my mate's friends decide to go to the pub and my mate suggested going with them. I refused, and was it ever the right decision. We won 3-2, I forget who scored exactly although I do remember Russell Anderson scoring his first goal for us, I have a feeling Rutkiewicz may have scored aswell. Both of these came from the "Flock of Sheep" corner routine Ebbe had us doing...I don't ever remember seeing that work again. It wasn't long after Dadi signed for us as I recall him coming off the bench. In the short time he was on the pitch, one of the Dundee players was sent off for spitting at him after Dadi skipped past him, and about 5 minutes later he sparked some Dundee player in the face which went unseen by the ref. The worst memory of this game for me was that it was Zero's last ever game for us...and he was fucking awful. Got hooked at half time for Leon Mike who changed the game.

- vs Dundee at Dens again. Zero hatrick. Celebrated one of them by jumping like a kid in a puddle.

- vs Dundee (again). Scottish Cup 3rd Round replay. Chris Clark scored a gem, I'm useless at remembering numbers, but I'm pretty sure he dribbled past about 35 other players. I think Dundee scored, but Markus Heikennin scored his first goal for us, and his celebration was class...he just stood with his arms in the air much like Cantona.  I think Zdrilic may have scored too. My favourite memory from this game was Zander Diamond...in the second half he was marking Novo and he completely marked him out of the game, I remember one point Novo collecting the ball and heading down the wing and Zander was racing towards him, the entire stand starts doing the "ohhhhhhHHHHHH" as Zander approaches him, slides in, takes the ball perfectly and nails Novo aswell.

- vs Motherwell. I forget when exactly, it was possibly on the run to the Scottish Cup semi where we got knocked out by United in a replay. Extra time at Fir Park, Jingles scores a header sending an 11 year old me into delirium.

- vs Clydebank at Kilbowie in a Scottish Cup tie, possibly the same round as above. Pissing with rain, completely soaked through, Scotty Booth scores the winner in a 4-3 game.

This Clydebank game:

Was there as well. 9 at the time thinking we were coasting, then we were going out, then it was going to extra time, then Booth popped up to win it!! Daily Retard headline the next day said Jess for you after Eoin broke his leg in the first game.

Another one i remember was a trip to Parkhead when the fog descended leaving the whole stadium singing we cannae see fuck all, got abandoned and we drew 2-2 in the rearranged game.

• 1 year later...

I think for my seventh selection it has to be the celebrating I did in Burger King after watching us trounce Copenhagen.  I was with my friend Roy getting a bit of grub before heading towards my pit at The Youth Hostel when a song I knew started to play in the background.  "Labour Of Love" by Hue and Cry actually.  Stood up and recited all the words whilst doing a silly dance.  Roy told me to sit down but I informed him I didn`t care because I was going home the next day and nobody would remember me anyway.  Then when we left a guy called Kevin strumming a guitar along Union Street played "Lucky Man" by The Verve for me which was a lovely end to a fab night.  Paid him 21p for his trouble a 20p and a one penny piece.     

I Then when we left a guy called Kevin strumming a guitar along Union Street played "Lucky Man" by The Verve for me which was a lovely end to a fab night.  Paid him 21p for his trouble a 20p and a one penny piece.     

You sure it wasn't a 10p, a 5p and three 2 pence pieces ?

The reason I know it was 21p is because on the way to the ground before the game I passed him and dropped 12p (ten pence and a two penny coin) into his cap without speaking for the rendition of "Live Forever" by Oasis.  And so all in all I`d given the guy a 33p palindrome (1221).  I remember everything in my life right down to the last detail. 

The reason I know it was 21p is because on the way to the ground before the game I passed him and dropped 12p (ten pence and a two penny coin) into his cap without speaking for the rendition of "Live Forever" by Oasis.  And so all in all I`d given the guy a 33p palindrome (1221).  I remember everything in my life right down to the last detail. 

Nae offence mate, but frankly I'm lost for words on that

My favourite moment is definatly the 2000 Scottish Cup semi-final vs Hibs at Hampden. I think it was a Sunday night and we were sitting right across fae the Hibs fans and I remember barely watching the game as we were all picking on one Hibs fan (even the stewards were in stitches). Then after aboot 60 minutes the guy lost the plot, tried to attack us and got arrested. Fucking magic!

• 9 months later...

Has anyone been present at Ibrox where we have defeated the Huns?

That would be my ultimate magic moment!  I will die a happy man if I'm ever to experience this glory!

I was there the last time we won at Ibrox. Also saw us win alot there a kid in the 80's.