Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicholson could return to training with Dons

Published: 25/06/2008

BARRY Nicholson will be offered the chance to train with Aberdeen if he fails to find a new club by Monday.

The Dons report back for the rigours of pre-season training at the start of next week.

And boss Jimmy Calderwood wouldn’t have any worries about letting Nicholson join in with the rest of his squad.

The former Dunfermline player is determined to try his luck down south, but has yet to find a new club.

He has moved a step closer to joining Preston, but Sheffield Wednesday are still interested.

Calderwood: “I haven’t heard from Barry but if he wanted to join us for pre-season then I wouldn’t have a problem with that.

“He’s a great lad who has never caused me any problems.â€

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=340937

Midfielder target ponders Owls switch

20080626 15:33

Aberdeen midfielder Barry Nicholson is reportedly set to decide whether to join Preston or Sheffield Wednesday by this weekend.

The 29-year-old, who has scored 13 goals in 101 League games for Aberdeen after joining them for £250,000 from Dunfermline in 2005, is set to quit the Dons under freedom of contract rules.

Wednesday boss Brian Laws has confirmed his interest in Nicholson, while it was thought North End chief Alan Irvine was leading the race for his signature.

However the future of Nicholson should be determined this weekend because Aberdeen have told him to report for pre-season training on Monday if he is still without a new club, despite him being out of contract.

I thought in the second article it sounded more like an order than an offer.

Yeah, sorry, just read that again! Perhaps we've had a wee deal with him suggesting that we could offer him something "interesting"? I certainly wouldn't be opposed to him signing again to be honest.