Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wants to stay, fair enough. But no pay rise on his current deal. Fuck him.

"Championship promotion hopefuls"? That'll be the fucking day. I don't grudge him a pay day down south, but if it's a new experience he's after, why not try his luck abroad? Could easily do a job in Serie B, the Eredivisie or somewhere in the lower reaches of the Bundesliga. The Championship? Sorry Barry, you're far too small and have evidently been filled with false tales of your abilities.

Guest Caroline B

A small problem as I see it is that Aberdeen have signed his replacement in Gary McDonald. Is there room in the side for both players.

It seems maybe Barry Nic has been down south and seen the state of some of the towns and cities and thought better of it. Maybe Aberdeen ain't so bad after all?

A small problem as I see it is that Aberdeen have signed his replacement in Gary McDonald. Is there room in the side for both players.

It seems maybe Barry Nic has been down south and seen the state of some of the towns and cities and thought better of it. Maybe Aberdeen ain't so bad after all?

Could be that Seve gets shunted to the back next season and Barry Nic, McDonald & Touzani battle out for 2 midfield berths???

Ahhh. the tombola options there ;D ;D ;D

Staggering attitude from a player who thought he was so much better than us though. If he stays, on surely reduced terms, he better work harder.

When has he said he thinks he is so much better than us? Is this you making up statements then reporting them as the truth again?

I'm sorry but we really do have a lot of fickle cunts on here. If he had picked a team battling relegation or for a mid table spot he'd be 'lacking ambition' but when he decides "hang on a minute, why should I leave Aberdeen for a lesser side" suddenly he over estimates his own ability? How is this so?

I've got a lot of time for Nicholson, tidy player and a good bloke, but the club has to be strong here and get this sorted out once and for all.  Give him 1 more week for a definitive answer, then we need to start planning for life without Barry.  This has been going on for about seven months.

Hope to feck he stays, but I still think he'll probably go and the latest rumour was simply designed to re-alert clubs to the fact that he's available.

Why does everyone seem to think the Championship is so great?

I watched the Championship play off final (Hull City vs Bristol City) and I thought the quality was less than an average Aberdeen game.

I've got a lot of time for Nicholson, tidy player and a good bloke, but the club has to be strong here and get this sorted out once and for all.  Give him 1 more week for a definitive answer, then we need to start planning for life without Barry.  This has been going on for about seven months.

I remember the good old days when players like Miller, McLeish, Bett, Hewitt etc etc were back for pre-season training before they eventually signed another contract. Bosman and pre-contract agreements changed all that forever, now we all want things signed and sealed 6 months beforehand, and players given strict deadlines.

Can we not go back to the old days?  :-\ :-\

I'm sorry but we really do have a lot of fickle cunts on here. If he had picked a team battling relegation or for a mid table spot he'd be 'lacking ambition' but when he decides "hang on a minute, why should I leave Aberdeen for a lesser side" suddenly he over estimates his own ability? How is this so?

For him to make it clear to us that he was leaving, suggests that he thinks his stock is higher than it actually is. I have no problem with him going to make more money, but it's now looking like nobody wants him. I think it's tragic that he's regarded as such an important asset, and an indication of how far we've dropped in standards. His biggest and most consistent fan is his manager. His manager has consistently failed to get anything other than all right out of him. Has he improved since 4 years ago? He's a mediocre player capable of getting a berth in a mediocre team. That is all he will ever be.