Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

"Either of us"? You weren't part of the debate that sparked the responses. I'm sorry, did you say something? Did you make a point, any point?

Yes it is. I will take your advice.

So you didn't respond to me at all?

Show me the evidence that Miller is good for the club. All I said originally is that "it will end in tears in my opinion".

Show us the evidence he's not.

We not allowed an opinion? Or should we fucking kowtow to what one or two up themselves pricks tell us, people that know fuck all about AFC. If they did, they would offer evidence, or even points of debate even, rather than protecting their own sense of internet selfs. Fake people.

Were you looking in the mirror when you typed that?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly the level of intellectual debate I joined Donstalk for  ::)

You seem to ignore the insult when he used the word cunt, that sparked that response?

Why were you so selective?

I think I know why you were, but honestly, on a fixed messageboard system, don't you think first? How does this make you look?

You seem to ignore the insult when he used the word cunt, that sparked that response?

Why were you so selective?

I think I know why you were, but honestly, on a fixed messageboard system, don't you think first? How does this make you look?

I did see ST's comment, but to be honest I thought it was harsh but fair.

Back on topic.  One of WM's duties is the youth system, which was allegedly overhauled a couple of years ago.  In another couple of years, we'll be able to judge whether its changed anything or not.

So you didn't respond to me at all?

Show us the evidence he's not.

Were you looking in the mirror when you typed that?

What is your position? What is your opinion? Make yourself clear. I hear noise, but I fail to hear what you are saying. Are you arguing for the sake of it? What is it that you have to say on the subject? If you think my opinion is so wrong, point out the weaknesses in my opinion. Say something for once.

No, it is clearly and most definitely my opinion, and it is also supported by others. Unlike you, I have had the opportunity, on a number of occasions, to form an opinion.

But rewind here. I said something, and despite the provocative reply, let it go. Then those two launched in with support of the man without offering any reasons why he should be immune from criticism, as if the results were acceptable and Miller had somehow shed his spots and become competent in business.

I suspect that ST hasn't got a fucking clue about Willie Miller the man. I suspect his own self obsession has been pricked, thus the insult. I think he's also pissed off because how dare anybody suggest his view was out of touch with Aberdeen fans - the people of the NE, the views expressed in the paper by both readers and editorial. I suspect he doesn't even read the P & J. I think he fucking hates it when he is not allowed to get away with talking shite. Fucking prick.

Sorry to be the one to burst your micro-climate bubble sweet cheeks, but I very much fall into the catagory of your high regard for all things North East of Scotland.

But you are right on one thing, I don't read the P&J but "I bet that the majority..." of people on here would see that as a plus point.

I gave reasons why Miller has much to prove. The reasons for his appointment, his past track record, and his personality were all commented on. As regards the latter, my exact words were "I bet that the majority...", and then gave reasons to support, reasons that may have been enlightening for you people that don't live in Aberdeen, or who may never have. It's pretty obvious a couple of you don't have a fucking clue about Miller, but you will argue for him anyway, digging deeper and deeper, despite stating you don't understand.

Show me the evidence that Miller is good for the club. All I said originally is that "it will end in tears in my opinion".

We not allowed an opinion? Or should we fucking kowtow to what one or two up themselves pricks tell us, people that know fuck all about AFC. If they did, they would offer evidence, or even points of debate even, rather than protecting their own sense of internet selfs. Fake people.

My Dad's bigger than your Dad.....

Me, me, me, me, me....

::)

why do you cunts get so upset about name calling?

:

Good post. For clarity, as I think you'll already know, my opinion about insults is positive in that, as has been proved yet again, it sparks a bit of intensive debate. In fact, perhaps we should insult more often if it guarantees some action.

The people who object however, or get upset, have reasons to object or get upset. Examination of those reasons would be revealing.

What is your position? What is your opinion? Make yourself clear. I hear noise, but I fail to hear what you are saying. Are you arguing for the sake of it? What is it that you have to say on the subject? If you think my opinion is so wrong, point out the weaknesses in my opinion. Say something for once.

This is what I think. I don't know exactly how Willie Miller is doing and neither do you. All this bluster from you about his personality is completely and utterly irrelevant.

Either way, until you spend considerable time shadowing Willie Miller in his day to day work, you'll never be able to say for certain whether he is succeeding or failing. The real villian is Stewart Milne, not Willie Miller. If the story I heard at the weekend is true (the owner of one of our sponsors supposedly offered to give the club £250k to spend on a player if Milne matched that figure to also be spent on player/s, he declined), I think our efforts should be concentrated on showing Milne just how dis-satisfied we are with him.

Sorry to be the one to burst your micro-climate bubble sweet cheeks, but I very much fall into the catagory of your high regard for all things North East of Scotland.

But you are right on one thing, I don't read the P&J but "I bet that the majority..." of people on here would see that as a plus point.

My Dad's bigger than your Dad.....

Me, me, me, me, me....

::)

What's wrong with the P & J? Best paper for AFC coverage. The only one quite frankly.

"Me, me, me, me, me..."?  You, you, you, you, you...

As you said, you didn't understand "to be honest". What, like you're sometimes not honest?

I had no idea what you meant by arse biscuits, thats a new one on me, but I appreciate it, thanks. I've taken your advice. Sexy.

This is what I think. I don't know exactly how Willie Miller is doing and neither do you. All this bluster from you about his personality is completely and utterly irrelevant.

The reasons for his appointment? The background to that appointment? You don't know how he's doing? What are his specific areas of responsibility? You know this. Therefore you are in a position to judge.

Personality and track record are essential to examine when considering the appointment in the first place. The same reservations many of us had then don't disappear.

I once served Willie a pint of lager tops when I had a bar job in a golf club at the age of 18.  He was very polite, and even found time to crack a wee joke about how badly he'd played.  And he stood his hand to Jocky Scott.

Proof, if proof were needed, that Willie is not a cunt.

I once served Willie a pint of lager tops when I had a bar job in a golf club at the age of 18.  He was very polite, and even found time to crack a wee joke about how badly he'd played.  And he stood his hand to Jocky Scott.

Proof, if proof were needed, that Willie is not a cunt.

Although the time when he was pissed in the Soul bar and went "There's only one..." and put two arms up, pointing to his own head, recently, sort of cancels that one out.

So whether or not he is a cunt, and this point is swinging back and forth, the debate is whether he is doing a good job. I think the best point made so far is the one questioning Milne, as it is screamingly fucking obvious why Miller got appointed in the first place. He is a stooge, a poor pawn in a sick game, that will end in tears.

What's wrong with the P & J? Best paper for AFC coverage. The only one quite frankly.

So good that the players themselves decided they'd heard enough lies and shite written about them that they decided to cut all ties.

Me?  I prefer to hear it straight from the horses mouth on RedTV as opposed to reading pages of articles with no actual quotes from the players.

"Me, me, me, me, me..."?  You, you, you, you, you...

Now you know how we feel.

As you said, you didn't understand "to be honest". What, like you're sometimes not honest?

Correct.

Little white lies and big fat black motherfucking fibs - the lot!

I had no idea what you meant by arse biscuits, thats a new one on me, but I appreciate it, thanks. I've taken your advice. Sexy.

It's a well known saying in the N.E. Scotland, maybe if you listened to more than the sound of your own voice you'd have picked up on it.

The reasons for his appointment? The background to that appointment? You don't know how he's doing? What are his specific areas of responsibility? You know this. Therefore you are in a position to judge.

Personality and track record are essential to examine when considering the appointment in the first place. The same reservations many of us had then don't disappear.

Signing players - Miller can only sign players that Calderwood WANTS. He can only sign players that Calderwood wants and are also attainable within the limits of the budget set out by the board.

We've attracted players of a good standard (relative to Scottish terms) in guys like Severin, Smith, Nicholson and Whelan. How much of that is down to Miller? do you know? Because I don't.

I also don't know of any players who haven't signed because of Miller. There may well be dozens, but there may be none. I don't know. and neither do you.

He's pushing for a new training ground, that's a positive thing.

He's revamped the youth set up, which is also a positive thing but we won't see the results of that for another couple of years at least.

All in, I don't understand why he gets so much criticism. Yours certainly appears partly based on not liking the guy as a person. I would say I'm reasonably happy with him there, if only because he's a better figurehead for the club than Milne.  But, it's potentially a Catch 22 position, we may well not know how good Miller is for us until he's gone, and then it may be too late.

I met Willie Miller, the christmas before last, in Dusk while I was back in the 'deen on Holiday!

Despite the fact I interrupted him while he was in the company of two very attractive young women (must have been about half his age), he was a perfect gentlemen.  He agreed to pose for a photo with me, which made my night! 

Unfortunately, he also guaranteed that we would beat Rangers in our SPL fixture the very next day.  Sadly, we ended up losing, so you can add "liar" to his list faults.  ;)

So good that the players themselves decided they'd heard enough lies and shite written about them that they decided to cut all ties.

Me?  I prefer to hear it straight from the horses mouth on RedTV as opposed to reading pages of articles with no actual quotes from the players.

It's a well known saying in the N.E. Scotland, maybe if you listened to more than the sound of your own voice you'd have picked up on it.

I understand your energy in trying to steer the debate away from your area of inexpertise.

Who organised the boycott of the EE? As far as I understand it was only the EE, which is pretty fucking dumb if you think about it, AJ being what it is.

No, it is not a saying of the NE. Wherever you heard this, it is not a saying known to the NE. You are speaking absolute shite, again. And you hate it.

RedTV may not give you anything other than AFC plc want you to hear.

Signing players - Miller can only sign players that Calderwood WANTS. He can only sign players that Calderwood wants and are also attainable within the limits of the budget set out by the board.

We've attracted players of a good standard (relative to Scottish terms) in guys like Severin, Smith, Nicholson and Whelan. How much of that is down to Miller? do you know? Because I don't.

I also don't know of any players who haven't signed because of Miller. There may well be dozens, but there may be none. I don't know. and neither do you.

He's pushing for a new training ground, that's a positive thing.

He's revamped the youth set up, which is also a positive thing but we won't see the results of that for another couple of years at least.

All in, I don't understand why he gets so much criticism. Yours certainly appears partly based on not liking the guy as a person. I would say I'm reasonably happy with him there, if only because he's a better figurehead for the club than Milne.  But, it's potentially a Catch 22 position, we may well not know how good Miller is for us until he's gone, and then it may be too late.

Bobby wins the prize.

No, it is not a saying of the NE. Wherever you heard this, it is not a saying known to the NE. You are speaking absolute shite, again. And you hate it.

Actually it is, just because you've not heard it doesnt mean that he is making it up!

I've met miller a couple of times, never really came across as anything but i decent guy, although i have no idea why that would affect his ability to do his job. 

I don't think anyone really knows how much work miller puts in behind the scenes, in my opinion his is a job that can look easy to the casual observer but in reality is anything but. i get the impression you are letting your opinions on miller effect your judgement on him as a professional

Bobby wins the prize.

Much as I understand how you wish to deflect from your own embarrassment, this won't do it. Bobby is right in that we may not appreciate how effective he may or may not have been until he's gone, but the only thing that sparked this off was my opinion that it will all end in tears, offering the reasons why I felt this, being the results, the reason for his appointment, the lack of essential ingrdients to qualify him for the role (personality and previous track record).

You argued for the sake of your own voice, despite admitting you didn't understand "to be honest".

True. But the qualifications for his phoney appointment are relevant, his history and track record and personality to qualify him for the role are all relevant when it, as some feel, ends in tears.

As far as i am aware his history and track record are not as bad as some make out, Harry Ramsdens was a disaster however i'm sure the circumstances behind that were out with millers control for periods of time.  And he has ran far more successful businesses than he has failures

Actually it is, just because you've not heard it doesnt mean that he is making it up!

I've met miller a couple of times, never really came across as anything but i decent guy, although i have no idea why that would affect his ability to do his job. 

I don't think anyone really knows how much work miller puts in behind the scenes, in my opinion his is a job that can look easy to the casual observer but in reality is anything but. i get the impression you are letting your opinions on miller effect your judgement on him as a professional

No it is not a saying of the NE. It is a fucking lie to say this.

If I may be allowing my negative opinions about Milne and Miller to colour my judgement of the job he's doing, then I can assure you that I do retain a sense of perspective and whilst he need to go a little step further than most to convince me, I very much want him to succeed. I don't think he will, for many reasons which I have spelled out, but there is no way I harbour any irrationality or am capable of blindness in this regard.

The fucking results, people. The fucking results for over 10 years is Milne's responsibility. Miller's appointment was a sham. His "performance" can be judged by results only.

As far as i am aware his history and track record are not as bad as some make out, Harry Ramsdens was a disaster however i'm sure the circumstances behind that were out with millers control for periods of time.  And he has ran far more successful businesses than he has failures

As I said, I think Miller's tenure will end in tears. I offered reasons behind my opinion. You don't agree. Thats fine. Why do you think he will succeed? Do you think he's doing a good job? Are the measurement criteria that we can use, results, and player and management contract negotiations, satisfactory for you? Am I wrong about the reasons for his appointment? Am I wrong in saying that a senior position such as this should go to someone with a solid track record of achievement, or with the potential to succeed? Am I wrong to suggest that his defective personality may ultimately prove to be one of the reasons why he will fail? Why do you think he will succeed? What criteria do you base this on?