Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Lovell vs Mackie

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apart from you two needing a room, I have to say Lovell is nothing but an anti-hero used by the JMG mob, fuds, to show a level of mis management at AFC.

Lovell has a pea size heart.

Toodle pip Stevie.

Would that be me and Darren, me and Stevie or me and Padre  ;D

He used to play up three up front, and Mackie, Winters and Stavrum interchanged a bit.  It was just like watching Barcelona!  ;D

Though quite often it ended up with the wide players ending up too deep due to having to track back.

His whole Aberdeen career was based on ifs, buts and maybes and neither of those three things score us goals.

If only Mackie was SPL-quality, he would've scored that goal

But he's not an SPL-quality striker!

Maybe if we ditched him for the first time in TEN YEARS we would have space for a striker who actually knows how to score goals ... no I don't mean off the back of his head when a keeper accidentally throws the ball against him

Basically, my point is, Lovell IS a top-quality striker. Mackie is a good sprinter who just so happens to ping the ball off his feet in whichever direction he hopes. Sometimes the ball comes off his feet and hits the net. Mostly, though, it ends up in the RDU.

But the sad matter of fact is, Mackie has been getting a wage from Aberdeen since July 1998 but has only scored 53 goals in that time for us in all competitions (excluding friendlies). I'm sorry, but less than a 6-goal average across all seasons is not a statistic that any striker should be proud of. Maybe a midfielder can get away with this sort of statistic. But a striker?

The boy just turned 28 this month. If he hasn't peaked yet, then it's time to cast him off. In my view, it was time to cast him off about six years ago. But the Pro-Mackie Brigade will no doubt shoot me down for saying this. A fully fit Lovell playing next to a fully fit Miller would, in my view, be the most potent strikeforce in Scotland.

Crazy idea ... what about a cheeky look at Naismith. Ever since I saw him tear us apart against Killie three years ago, I've been highly impressed with him. Cheeky as fuck. Dirty as fuck. Complete gadgie! But a bloody lethal striker. Do Rangers even know he's on their books? If not Naismith, then maybe Boyd! Both these players have more talent in their left toe than Mackie has in his entire body.

Fucked knee? Probably still recovering from his initiation into The Stone Cutters ... err I mean his medical before signing for Rangers.

Dunno how, padre was telling it was a Thistle  ;) player I think who did him and that the huns didnae get him off the park subsequent damage means he'll be out a lot longer.

Useless medical/physio staff at the huns too!

the huns didnae get him off the park subsequent damage means he'll be out a lot longer.

Useless medical/physio staff at the huns too!

Commonly known in sporting terms as the "Ian Durrant Manoeuvre":

Make the most out of a situation so that, in case said player can possibly recover quicker, any chances of a quick recovery are eliminated by unnoticed actions from said player's management team, physios and doctors. Said player and respective club can then spend a lifetime harking on to apparent guilty club/player for the rest of their lives about how they wrecked the prospects of "Scotland's brightest talent"