Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Where would you have a season ticket and why?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After being in edinburgh for 4 years now and having settled rather nicely into a rolling rota at work, I feel I can easily manage to get up to Aberdeen to make it worthwhile.  I hivnae had a season ticket before as Ive always had to work weekends and could never gaurantee to get to enough games. Although for a couple of years I probably should have.  I spent a fortune paying at the gate!!

What are folks thoughts on where the better seats are and why. Is it down to atmosphere, views of the pitch. Proximity to exits?

Discuss

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After being in edinburgh for 4 years now and having settled rather nicely into a rolling rota at work, I feel I can easily manage to get up to Aberdeen to make it worthwhile.  I hivnae had a season ticket before as Ive always had to work weekends and could never gaurantee to get to enough games. Although for a couple of years I probably should have.  I spent a fortune paying at the gate!!

What are folks thoughts on where the better seats are and why. Is it down to atmosphere, views of the pitch. Proximity to exits?

Discuss

South Stand. Best view, best value, best niggle with away fans, not bad atmosphere at times. Main stand, too old-fogie-ish, and no atmosphere. And if I can get the choice I prefer not to be behind the goals.

South Stand. Best view, best value, best niggle with away fans, not bad atmosphere at times. Main stand, too old-fogie-ish, and no atmosphere. And if I can get the choice I prefer not to be behind the goals.

Aye, but if the filth come to town, is there not the danger of being shifted to create space?

Aye, but if the filth come to town, is there not the danger of being shifted to create space?

You can just take another seat through the ticket office in the next available section. Not really a problem.

I prefer being about 2/3's up and as near to the half-way line. You get far better view of proceedings IMO.

RDS Upper - too remote from the pitch for me, but best view of the game for seeing tactics, effectiveness of formations etc. Atmosphere too remote also.

RDS Lower - never been

SS near back - good view of game, good atmosphere, good crack

SS near front - cracking for close up action, hear the tackles going in. Season ticket seat irrelevant as you can move to wherever you want usually.

Merkland - took my kids when they were smaller. Just crap.

Main Stand - under-rated. Front row, section C gives excellent close up not only of play, but the manager's, subs, coaches etc.

RDS lower, next to the away fans.

Best for banter with the away fans.

Decent atmosphere.

Somewhere warm(ish) inside at half time during the wintry games.

Best catering options.

Latest to leave one of the golf clubs to get to your seat. 

:thumbsup:  :beers:

96-98 i was section y it was brilliant atmospher but always seemed to be better in the RDU so moved there! Loved it every game was like an away game, then the club in there wisdom lifted the ban on females attending football matches and also let children under the age of 16 sit anywhere thus leading to the death of the once proud Richard Donald Upper! Back in its hay day when mcgruvie got the crown wound up - RDU ARE YOU READY.......Deafening roar used to send the hairs on my neck up like a shot

Last season i didnt renew basically cause the ultras were doing my nut in, the atmosphere was pish and the football wasnt much better despite our excellent league position, this season for the european games / rangers / celtic (well the games i had to pay to get in :P) i went back to section y and when its a sell out theres no better atmosphere, plus you get the old terrace stylie feel so its quite nostalgic! Plus the bounce in there after the munich goals were one of th best

Lower RDS mainly for view as don't like the view from upstairs.  Down points is only atmosphere in big games down there and surrounded by player hecklers and idiots screaming rubbish all through the game.  Thinking of shifting to South next season.

Lower RDS mainly for view as don't like the view from upstairs.  Down points is only atmosphere in big games down there and surrounded by player hecklers and idiots screaming rubbish all through the game.  Thinking of shifting to South next season.

Its the ones that heckle players that aren't even playing that get me.

One tit behind us has go at every single mistake made with "fucks sake Andy" or "fuck off Young" or "useless cunt Miller" and quite often gets the player wrong.  Almost came to blows in our area couple of weeks ago.

One tit behind us has go at every single mistake made with "fucks sake Andy" or "fuck off Young" or "useless cunt Miller" and quite often gets the player wrong.  Almost came to blows in our area couple of weeks ago.

Gave up on our RDS ticket for the very same reason, just couldn't hack listening to the same bampot slag off everything related to huns, Tims & England.  GTF Aitken you Tim bastard, Miller GTF you hun, Jimmy GTF you hun, Preece ye English......and so on, week after week after week.

Also in the RDS upper you get no appreciation for the skill of the players, hardness of tackles etc.  Its a bit like watching sensible soccer.

Gave up on our RDS ticket for the very same reason, just couldn't hack listening to the same bampot slag off everything related to huns, Tims & England.  GTF Aitken you Tim bastard, Miller GTF you hun, Jimmy GTF you hun, Preece ye English......and so on, week after week after week.

Also in the RDS upper you get no appreciation for the skill of the players, hardness of tackles etc.  Its a bit like watching sensible soccer.

Pish.

SS next to away fans of Section Y for me. Been to the RDS upper once and never go back, cold, most people were sat down and way too far from action. I love absolutely everything about the South Stand...well, atmosphere wise and view wise. Giving Luca Toni dogs abuse from four rows up was so much fun  :thumbsup:

SS next to away fans of Section Y for me. Been to the RDS upper once and never go back, cold, most people were sat down and way too far from action. I love absolutely everything about the South Stand...well, atmosphere wise and view wise. Giving Luca Toni dogs abuse from four rows up was so much fun  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately its a morgue when all the big game hunters aren't there.

don't like the view upstairs either.  Sat up the a couple of games and half the time you don't know if ball is on the ground or up in the air (usually in the air though!!).  Perspective looking right down on game is poor.

:lolabove:

Possibly the most ridiculous thing i'll come across all day!!