Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Where would you have a season ticket and why?

[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ally s

Still think they should stick all the kids in the RDS and get the mentalists in the Merkland/South.

Agree 100%.

I have a ST in the RDU just now but I'll be moving to the South Stand next season.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South stand section Y as you get a great view of the pitch

... everywhere on the pitch except for the corner of the pitch at the Main/Merkland intersection. I reckon the Pittodrie pitch is unique in that it is the only pitch in the country that isn't perfectly rectangular. I reckon there is actually no corner over by the Main/Merkland intersection. I reckon it just kind of angles off

Still think they should stick all the kids in the RDS and get the mentalists in the Merkland/South.

Definitely! I reckon they should house the away fans in the Main Stand, and have the entire South Stand and Merkland reserved for the mentalists. Shove the kids in the RDS lower

Guest bloo_toon_red

Also in the RDS upper you get no appreciation for the skill of the players, hardness of tackles etc.  Its a bit like watching sensible soccer.

Although you get a better "360 degree" perspctive of what's going on in the RDU (player movements, formations, tactics etc), I tend to agree with this.  You can't beat the view from the centre of the Main Stand.  Close to the action and the dug-outs, you feel much more involved in what's going on.

I've moved away from my normal seat in the RDU a few times in the last couple of seasons and much prefer the view of the game in the Main Stand, maybe even the South as well, but I can't really be arsed with having to move when the filth come to town.

I sat in the RDU Upper for a few years, was pretty good, but when I went to renew one year, it had been decided that we'd move to the South. I was sceptical, but i'm glad of it, better atmosphere, better view, better banter with the away fans.

Although this season and last, my ST's been in the Main stand, where the view is by far the best in the whole stadium, but the lack of atmosphere does my nut in. There is however never a queue at the pie stand.

Although you get a better "360 degree" perspctive of what's going on in the RDU (player movements, formations, tactics etc), I tend to agree with this.  You can't beat the view from the centre of the Main Stand.  Close to the action and the dug-outs, you feel much more involved in what's going on.

Yep, that's where I sit now.  Had my ST for 10 years in the RDU before moving and going back to a closer, side on view was so much better.  Still miss the atmosphere of the RDU at times tho'.

Having been an RDU die hard for year I'm switching to the South for next season. The view is miles better in there and if a game is very big enough to have a decent atmosphere now, there's probably just as much in the South as there is in the RDS. Fancy a bit of needle with the away fans, but the few times I've been in section Y I fucking love it.

And thank fuck I wont have to tackle the RDU stairs anymore!

Having been an RDU die hard for year I'm switching to the South for next season. The view is miles better in there and if a game is very big enough to have a decent atmosphere now, there's probably just as much in the South as there is in the RDS. Fancy a bit of needle with the away fans, but the few times I've been in section Y I fucking love it.

And thank fuck I wont have to tackle the RDU stairs anymore!

I have several reasons for moving my ST from RDU to South Stand, if I renew it, but hadn't thought about no more stairs! Added bonus  :clap:

The few seasons before I moved down, the RDS upper did seem the place to be. It did seem like an away atmospher (kinda) especially when McRuvie was in full pelt.  BUT t seems that the atmosphere has changed or been diluted?  Because of this, most folk have moved to the South as the banter is better, there is ust as much singing etc and the view is pretty good.  Which I agree with.

However, I did like to perch atop the RDS upper and watch how the formations interacted. I felt it was a unique perspetive of the game that most managers would probably kill for and the Broadhill is mere yards away.

Fuk the main stand. I dont have a rug tartan enough and a big enough flask.  Even as kids we used to take the piss out of the sweetie russlers in the Main.

Yep, that's where I sit now.  Had my ST for 10 years in the RDU before moving and going back to a closer, side on view was so much better.  Still miss the atmosphere of the RDU at times tho'.

Main Stand eh, you should probably have a mod fix it so you can have a two part username, Whipper being the first name obviously  ;)

My last game at Pittodrie I was in the main stand, and having been in the RDU for all but 3 games of my Pittodrie-attending career I can say I think I prefer being at the side of the pitch rather than being 10 miles from it.

No idea where I'm going to get a ST for next season though. Won't be main stand as I have to pay adult price now.

My last game at Pittodrie I was in the main stand, and having been in the RDU for all but 3 games of my Pittodrie-attending career I can say I think I prefer being at the side of the pitch rather than being 10 miles from it.

No idea where I'm going to get a ST for next season though. Won't be main stand as I have to pay adult price now.

Not if you do it before September ;)  :thumbsup:

Spent the last two seasons in RDU, a few seasons before that in the South Stand at the half-way line, one season in the Main Stand with my old man and before that in between South & Merkland.

I think next season if I decide to renew, I'll give the RDL a try.

Not so big queues for food & drink, no stairs, Ladbrokes...

Lower RDS, great view, if i can i love sitting behind a goal, you get the best view and no real obstructions, side of the pitch views are weird, i've always been behind when i can.

Where i sit though in the lower is right along the line at the main stand about 5 or 6 seats in and a few rows from the back, it's great when the ball goes out and you get from th other side shouting "that was never oot" when quite clearly to me it was.

I've always enjoyed the South Stand more than the others. I always seem to find idiots in the RDU nearby, and the main stand seemed a bit stale and condeming of certain things when all I wanted to do was yell abuse at a certain Hibernian player recently... *ahem* (Well, April 2006, damn how time flies)

In my opinion, Block X is the best. A little bit up, but nae too far, and you can get an excellent perspective on proceedings, while being close enough to hear the players, hear the atmosphere and yell at players without worrying about what you say (Encouraging things... usually), and see them easily. Of course, if you're short sighted like myself, sitting near the front is always a major benefit :)

My card expires on 1st July. And given my 'contact' in the ticket office knows I will no longer be a student I suspect I will not be so lucky.

Sneckie, early bird prices are before July 1st so your card is still valid.  All returning students will have to use their 2007/08 card as they wont have their 2008/09 card until August so they'll have to honour it.  Conditions just state a valid student ID card.

Sneckie, early bird prices are before July 1st so your card is still valid.  All returning students will have to use their 2007/08 card as they wont have their 2008/09 card until August so they'll have to honour it.  Conditions just state a valid student ID card.

I know, but this card I got in Sept 2005 and it was valid for 3 years. I had my first card which expired Sept 2005 when I got my first season ticket, and I had to show them my new card when I got it. Also, even though I've renewed every year they've asked to see my card. Not going to take the risk, I'm not a true Aberdonian, I'll pay what I'm meant to! ;)