Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hibs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you wanted to be an arse about it though, you could say, the weather was fantastic, so that can't be used as an excuse, the team were highly unlucky against the green shites last week, and you knew that the team would have something to prove. I know a lot of people were still pissed off from two weeks back, and rightly so, but it doesn't help one bit. Also, I would agree with JC (ok I need to lie down now), usually, the Hibs games are quite entertaining. So there asn't really much of a reason for such a low turnout.

As I said, we still have the potential courtesy of a minor miracle to finish third. Its typical Aberdeen to leave it to the last moment, but I'm quite confident, if results keep going our way, we'll be there  :thumbsup:

Maybe its cos the sun has been shining a lot this week, but I feel a lot more optimistic.

Stand Free!

As I said to you yesterday manc the lack of dons about was scary.

On the way up there was our 9 plus another 3 I know who had hospitality booked. There were only 2 identifiable dons getting on the train on the way up and that was at Stonehaven which normally has a crowd getting on. Pre-match in Archies was dead until about 2ish when it began to get busy. If the sun hadnt been out I'm pretty sure that the crowd would have been sub 8000, plus you have to take into account hibs seemed to have taken up a decent crowd.

Never seen Pittodrie that empty on a Saturday, cant blame people for not turning up due to our recent form. 3 of our 9 on the train up didnt even bother going to the game.

You weren't at the Hamilton game then, 2,000 less that day. Had the weather been that cold yesterday (as the cup game), it may well have been even lower than 6,441.

It's a measure of the quality and tolerance of the AFC support that we got that many. I didn't bother.

You weren't at the Hamilton game then, 2,000 less that day. Had the weather been that cold yesterday (as the cup game), it may well have been even lower than 6,441.

It's a measure of the quality and tolerance of the AFC support that we got that many. I didn't bother.

I don't actually think there were as many as 8000 there yesterday. Remember, they count season ticket holders that don't turn up in the figures as well.

Thought we played some good stuff yesterday. Looked a lot better than Hibs, who just didn't show up at all. Shocking pass out by Diamond for their goal, but Shields shouldn't have been allowed to dance through the 2/3 players that he did to score it.

I don't actually think there were as many as 8000 there yesterday. Remember, they count season ticket holders that don't turn up in the figures as well.

Thought we played some good stuff yesterday. Looked a lot better than Hibs, who just didn't show up at all. Shocking pass out by Diamond for their goal, but Shields shouldn't have been allowed to dance through the 2/3 players that he did to score it.

Are you sure about that because we have more like 10'000 season ticket holders I thought.

With Hibs bringing up say 1'000 that would mean we would only have 7'300 season ticket holders.

I really enjoyed todays game. We were passing the ball around really well and I thought we were unlucky to go into HT only level. Mistake from Diamond for their goal but apart from that they didn't really threaten.

Miller had a good chance from a header in the first half, then Jones cleared one off the line. In the 2nd half Mackie's goal was much like Maguires vs Falkirk but from the other side. It was a soft penalty for our 2nd but finished well.

Can only assume the players were sent off for things they said. The first one I could see coming as the player was clearly going to get booked but wouldn't go over to the ref. Another Hibs player was also trying to get him to walk away so he was clearly having a go at the ref. Nish must have aid something fairly serious to get a straight red for something he said, or had he been booked earlier?. He didn't argue it at all.

After that we created a lot of chances and should have scored more. Duff had a few chances, the two on his left foot he ballooned but the one on his right was a great strike. Miller went close from distance but I think the keeper had it covered. Same with the one he hit the bar with, if it had been low enough to go in I think the keeper would have got a touch.

It's hard to pick out any poor players after a game like that. I thought even Duff played well, although he was still getting a lot of stick from some. I wouldn't give him a new deal based on this performance alone but if he keeps that up for the rest of the season then I think he'll be a good squad player.

The Duff chances you mention really pissed me off.

He obviously doesn't have a left foot but he had plenty time and was in a great position and I thought he should have tried to cross rather than shoot. (Maybe that's what he did?) But either way he buggered two really good potential chances. I dont think he played well. Maybe he made less fuck-ups making it look like he did OK. I think he's mince and he can GTF.

I see Sheilds has said we are the worst Aberdeen side he has seen in years and he is ashamed to have lost to us

Shiels: Dons' worst side ever

Apr 27 2008 By Euan Mclean

DEAN SHIELS reckons Hibs blew a big chance in the race for Europe - by failing to beat the worst Aberdeen side he has ever seen.

The Northern Irishman refused to speak about the sending offs that wrecked Hibs' hopes of a fightback because he reckons referees are seeking attention.

But he didn't hold back with his views of Aberdeen and believes that makes his side's failure to take all three points even more disappointing.

Shiels said: "We were confident we could win. Since I came to Scotland this is the poorest Aberdeen team I've seen. They were there for the taking - but we failed to do that.

"We were looking good when we took the lead but are not making teams have to work hard to score against us and were punished for that again.

"Thierry's red card killed our chances of coming back. Obviously the referee deemed what he said to him as a sending off offence so I will let him handle that.

"It's not my job to talk about the referee. I don't want to give him any limelight because I think that's what some of them want.

"It's a massive chance blown because when we saw the result of the earlier game at Motherwell we felt we could push on towards Europe. We failed.

"But we are still in the race and believe we can finish in third place."

Meanwhile, Dons goal hero Darren Mackie (far left) says their target is to hunt Hibs down and leapfrog them in the table to finish a disappointing season on as big a high as possible.

He said: "Hibs are our target, definitely. There are three games left to go and we're four points behind them after this win.

"We know it's going to be difficult but we want to finish as high up the league as possible."

Dry yer eyes you hibee bastard!