🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hibs

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest leith_red

Don't know what we could complain about! We came from a goal behind, what a result! Maybe Jimmy C should go on holiday more often ;) Nichol for manager!  :P

I agree!

I really enjoyed todays game. We were passing the ball around really well and I thought we were unlucky to go into HT only level. Mistake from Diamond for their goal but apart from that they didn't really threaten.

Miller had a good chance from a header in the first half, then Jones cleared one off the line. In the 2nd half Mackie's goal was much like Maguires vs Falkirk but from the other side. It was a soft penalty for our 2nd but finished well.

Can only assume the players were sent off for things they said. The first one I could see coming as the player was clearly going to get booked but wouldn't go over to the ref. Another Hibs player was also trying to get him to walk away so he was clearly having a go at the ref. Nish must have aid something fairly serious to get a straight red for something he said, or had he been booked earlier?. He didn't argue it at all.

After that we created a lot of chances and should have scored more. Duff had a few chances, the two on his left foot he ballooned but the one on his right was a great strike. Miller went close from distance but I think the keeper had it covered. Same with the one he hit the bar with, if it had been low enough to go in I think the keeper would have got a touch.

It's hard to pick out any poor players after a game like that. I thought even Duff played well, although he was still getting a lot of stick from some. I wouldn't give him a new deal based on this performance alone but if he keeps that up for the rest of the season then I think he'll be a good squad player.

Attendance: 8,387

I dont think Calderwood can really be blamed for thinking that 3rd place is unachievable when clearly most of the supporters do.  That is a piss poor attendance!  Dont get me wrong im not the guys biggest fan but i dont blame him for taking the opportunity to look at potential players when they are playing in 1st team games.  Unfortunately that is likely to co-incide with when we are also playing. 

Good result today i thought, from what ive seen off hibs mixu has them playing for each other in a way collins never did. 

I dont think Calderwood can really be blamed for thinking that 3rd place is unachievable when clearly most of the supporters do.  That is a piss poor attendance!  Dont get me wrong im not the guys biggest fan but i dont blame him for taking the opportunity to look at potential players when they are playing in 1st team games.  Unfortunately that is likely to co-incide with when we are also playing. 

Good result today i thought, from what ive seen off hibs mixu has them playing for each other in a way collins never did. 

I was actually surprised the crowd was that big! Anyone know roughly how many away fans there were ?

It is the first home game after the Scottish Cup semi-final so quite a lot of fans are, and rightly so, still pissed off about it.

What was the 2nd red for? I didn't see the foul, was it a straight red?

Thank fuck for self destructing teams.  Lets be honest Hibs gifted us todays win.

Eh? Total nonsense. We were totally dominant until they scored on the breakaway. We were the team playing all the fitba and they were resorting to the long ball or shitty counters. We looked liked the team chasing 3rd.

In fact, I reckon your either bleezin or fishing, leave it on the hat min

Can I clarify to you all who keep sending me texts saying it must have been some game - no it was dreadful for the first 55mins until hibs scored then we changed it around and began to look like we could have them.

We were flattered by a hibs team who never turned up to a man, just like our team did against QotS. We had the better chances and finished them off and could have and more goals at the end.

Never seen Pittodrie that empty on a Saturday, cant blame people for not turning up due to our recent form. 3 of our 9 on the train up didnt even bother going to the game.

Saturday, 26 April 2008

Aberdeen v Hibernian - Win for Aberdeen

Motherwell v Dundee Utd - Draw

3  Motherwell        33  53

4 Dundee Utd 35    52

5 Hibernian   35 51

6 Aberdeen   35  47

Saturday, 03 May 2008

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd - Win for Aberdeen

Motherwell v Celtic - Win for Celtic

3  Motherwell        34  53

4 Dundee Utd 36    52

5 Hibernian   35 51

6 Aberdeen   36  50

Sunday, 04 May 2008

Hibernian v Rangers - Win for Huns

3  Motherwell        34  53

4 Dundee Utd 36    52

5 Hibernian   36 51

6 Aberdeen   36  50

Wednesday, 07 May 2008

Rangers v Motherwell - Win for Huns

3  Motherwell        35  53

4 Dundee Utd 36    52

5 Hibernian   36 51

6 Aberdeen   36    50

Saturday, 10 May 2008

Motherwell v Aberdeen - Win for Aberdeen

Rangers v Dundee Utd - Win for Huns

3  Motherwell        36  53

4 Aberdeen   37    53

5 Dundee Utd 37    52

6 Hibernian   36 51

Sunday, 11 May 2008

Celtic v Hibernian - Win for Tims

4 Aberdeen   37    53

5 Dundee Utd 37    52

6 Hibernian   37 51

Assuming Motherwell lose their game in hand against the Huns before the last set of fixtures then we would go into the last day as follows:

4 Aberdeen   37    53

5 Dundee Utd 37    52

6 Hibernian   37 51

Sunday, 18 May 2008

Aberdeen v Rangers

Dundee Utd v Celtic

Hibernian v Motherwell

We win and Hibs beat Motherwell or they draw and UTD lose to Celtic then we are home and hosed.

Depending on goal difference (which we have a poor one) we could possibly only draw, although Hibs or Motherwell could match our points total in this case.

Might as well stay positive until 4:45 today  ::)

Nice one Ajja  :thumbsup:

Unfortunately I had to work this afternoon, but when I got a minute I actually started working out the exact same thing as you.

We need to win everything and we need the OF to beat everyone else pretty much. I don't subscribe to it but it's nice to know that it is still possible.

Eh? Total nonsense. We were totally dominant until they scored on the breakaway. We were the team playing all the fitba and they were resorting to the long ball or shitty counters. We looked liked the team chasing 3rd.

In fact, I reckon your either bleezin or fishing, leave it on the hat min

Haven't been on this site for a while, pay it a little visit and i get some wanker telling me what i can and can't think.  :hammer: