Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Aberdeen v Hibs

according to the P&J Blunderwood (copyright aberdeen-mad) will be absent from todays game as he is away scouting for players. Kinda wished I had gone up now as pretty sure JN has a decent record when he has been in charge, and certainly makes less bizarre tactical changes.

Anyway 2 things spring to mind.  It is still mathematically possible for us to get 3rd.  Pretty unlikely but surely the manager shouldn't be swanning off scouting players at this time.

Secondly is that not what a scouting system is for? Or indeed the job of Nicholl or Clark?

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/608282

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really know what to expect from the game today. Hibs are hunting 3rd spot but being under pressure could hinder them.

Now that our games are quite meaningless, i'd like to see a fresh team on the park. Drop all the players who are confirmed as leaving and give some new guys a run out.

If they can't perform in the last few games of this season, when nothing is at stake, then they dont deserve to be here next season.

If we lose he'll be slated for not being there.

If we win he'll be slated for not being needed.

True, but this is more an indication of the (non) relationship he has with the fans.

It's not about whether the fans are being "fair" to our poor unfortunate manager, a man with some essential skills shortages, and clearly out of his depth.

It's more to do with the fact that there is now a significant number of Aberdeen fans that have no faith in him. I'm amazed it took them 4 years, frankly.

Don't really know what to expect from the game today. Hibs are hunting 3rd spot but being under pressure could hinder them.

Now that our games are quite meaningless, i'd like to see a fresh team on the park. Drop all the players who are confirmed as leaving and give some new guys a run out.

If they can't perform in the last few games of this season, when nothing is at stake, then they dont deserve to be here next season.

Do we have enough players if he drops all that are leaving?!

according to the P&J Blunderwood (copyright aberdeen-mad) will be absent from todays game as he is away scouting for players. Kinda wished I had gone up now as pretty sure JN has a decent record when he has been in charge, and certainly makes less bizarre tactical changes.

Anyway 2 things spring to mind. It is still mathematically possible for us to get 3rd.  Pretty unlikely but surely the manager shouldn't be swanning off scouting players at this time.

Secondly is that not what a scouting system is for? Or indeed the job of Nicholl or Clark?

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/608282

Today Motherwell draw or lose to UTD (currently 1-1 at HT)

Today we beat Hibs.

After this weekend:

We win all our next 3 (UTD, Well and Huns). Aberdeen 56 points.

Motherwell lose to OF and us and lose or draw with Hibs. Motherwell 52 or 53 or 55 points.

Hibs lose to OF and beat or draw with Motherwell. Hibs 53 or 55 points.

UTD lose to us and OF. UTD 52 or 54 points.

Hello Europe  :wave:

Basically, OF beat all other teams and Motherwell don't beat Hibs or UTD then we win all our games and its a done deal  ;D

unfortunately, the only flaw in your plan is motherwell, they are 2-1 up  :

I think we can afford for that to happen.

Then Motherwell MUST lose to Hibs.

**I should note at this point I don't think we can do this I'm simply speculating as to the requirements  >:(

Saturday, 26 April 2008

Aberdeen v Hibernian - Win for Aberdeen

Motherwell v Dundee Utd - Draw

3  Motherwell        33  53

4 Dundee Utd 35    52

5 Hibernian   35 51

6 Aberdeen   35  47

Saturday, 03 May 2008

Aberdeen v Dundee Utd - Win for Aberdeen

Motherwell v Celtic - Win for Celtic

3  Motherwell        34  53

4 Dundee Utd 36    52

5 Hibernian   35 51

6 Aberdeen   36  50

Sunday, 04 May 2008

Hibernian v Rangers - Win for Huns

3  Motherwell        34  53

4 Dundee Utd 36    52

5 Hibernian   36 51

6 Aberdeen   36  50

Wednesday, 07 May 2008

Rangers v Motherwell - Win for Huns

3  Motherwell        35  53

4 Dundee Utd 36    52

5 Hibernian   36 51

6 Aberdeen   36    50

Saturday, 10 May 2008

Motherwell v Aberdeen - Win for Aberdeen

Rangers v Dundee Utd - Win for Huns

3  Motherwell        36  53

4 Aberdeen   37    53

5 Dundee Utd 37    52

6 Hibernian   36 51

Sunday, 11 May 2008

Celtic v Hibernian - Win for Tims

4 Aberdeen   37    53

5 Dundee Utd 37    52

6 Hibernian   37 51

Assuming Motherwell lose their game in hand against the Huns before the last set of fixtures then we would go into the last day as follows:

4 Aberdeen   37    53

5 Dundee Utd 37    52

6 Hibernian   37 51

Sunday, 18 May 2008

Aberdeen v Rangers

Dundee Utd v Celtic

Hibernian v Motherwell

We win and Hibs beat Motherwell or they draw and UTD lose to Celtic then we are home and hosed.

Depending on goal difference (which we have a poor one) we could possibly only draw, although Hibs or Motherwell could match our points total in this case.

Might as well stay positive until 4:45 today  ::)

Apparently about 500-600 people in the upper RDS. Pittodrie is empty. Not convinced by this start, open goal missed and langfield trying to gift a goal to the Hivs.

Hmm, noone I know has gone. Not even my dad who hasn't missed a home game all season.

For fucks sake. Sounds like it's all Aberdeen, can't fucking take their chances, then they go and give away a goal. AND I could hear a really loud cheer, sounds like theres more Hibs fans than Aberdeen fans.

Why can noone on the team score a fucking goal?