Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Tonights EE: Jimmy Lay off the local heroes

Does this all stem from the support being completely  and utterly fed up of managers, including the tango man of obataining and playing complete dross year on year since Roy Aitkens time and before? I mean the lists of players I have seen on these forums recently, predominantly with names that made me cringe is frightening.  At least with local platyers, if they arent graced with Brazil type skill, we would at least hope they would fight and play for the jersey, which what I've seen of Duff for example, he doesnt seem to do.  In other words, after being served so MUCH pish for SO LONG, the support has a breaking point?    

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson got loads of abuse at first - he was played at right back and was pish for a while, hence the verbals. I see Foster, Considine, and maybe even Maguire in the same light. Give them time and experience and they might be decent. However, Duff and Mair are different - they are total pish!

The difference between us and Dunfermline, Jimmy, is we don't put up with shite "just because they're local loons". We'll happily sign our worst enemies if we knew they were going to enhance our squad. Fact of the matter is Mair and Duff degrade our squad, rather than enhance it in any way.

I can not believe that I actually supported the fat orange pretend manager earlier in this thread, and wish to restore some balance. It did not sit comfortably, although I do stand by the fact that some fans are too critical too early. So what though really? It's up to them to grow some balls.

Reverting to type, the P & J today included the following, under the headline CALDERWOOD CAN MIX IT WITH MIXU.

It started with "Aberdeen manager Jimmy Calderwood believes his Hibs counterpart Mixu Pitalineon has taken his aggressive playing style with him into management, and is ready for him. Former Aberdeen forward Pitalineon has already upset several in the SPL managerial fraternity in his short time in charge..." e.g. Walter Smith & Craig Levein.

JC was then quoted saying that "He has ruffled a few feathers" and "Mixu was a very good centre forward in his day and his team reflects his playing style. They are a bit more direct than earlier in the season and you can understand that because it was the way he liked to play as a player. They get the ball forward and have good players supporting from midfiled".

Now, two things immediately come to mind after reading this guff.

1) If Hibs are a reflection of their manager's preferred style of play when he was a professional footballer, by watching AFC over the last 4 years, what style of play did JC prefer when he (allegedly) played professional football?

And before the defenders of the fat bastard wade in to discredit this opinion with the facts that he was indeed a professional footballer himself, and to point out that the inclusion of the word "allegedly" illustrates prejudice and ignorance on my part, can I just point out that I never seen him play, and unlikely as it may be that he did not ever play the game, there have been more incredulous mistruths spun in the press. JFK, 9/11, WMD in Iraq to name but three. And I have flown to and from Birmingham Airport a number of times, and not once did a taxi driver or airport or hotel staff ever start recounting stories to me about JC's prowess on the pitch ?

Watching the constant tinkering with formations and personnel, it appears to me that he doesn't know what he's doing, far less adopting a style of play in keeping with "the way he liked to play the game".

The Newcastle fans that shouted "You don't know what you're doing" at big fat (corrupt) Sam may also have stumbled across a manager who fraudulently claimed to have been a footballer once. You and I may have seen the pictures, but did you see him play in the flesh? And how do you know these obese managers of today are the same persons as these old footballers? Identity fraud and Identity theft is not necessarily a brand new phenomenon.

2) If Mixu has "ruffled a few feathers", then this suggests that there is a fraternity within football that has feathers that can be ruffled.

A fraternity that JC obviously feels part of, as he acknowledeges its very existence. Innovators, people with genuine vision, do not belong to fraternities. Ergo, JC is not an innovator, nor a man with any vision whatsoever.

I have made three points in this small rant, and by the law of averages, one of these will be grossly absurd, but two out of three aint bad?

To summarise, could I just ask Aberdeen Journals to please stop quoting that useless cunt any more? I have seen enough of his insides to last a lifetime.

Jimmy Calderwood has warned there will be more job losses at Aberdeen if the players don't deliver over the final weeks of the season. The Dons boss has begun a massive rebuilding task with 16 players set to leave next month. But with third place in the SPL still a possibility, he will add to his workload to target new talent if performances don't match his expectations. Insisting that a win over Hibs tomorrow could keep his side in contention for a UEFA Cup place, Calderwood said: "Players are judged in every game because it's an ongoing process.

"There are a couple of guys whose futures still have to be decided so there is a lot at stake in the rest of the campaign.

"We also have to think about what we do with the players who are leaving but as long as we still have something to play for, I'll field our strongest team.

Jimmy threatening to axe more players........I can bet he is thinking of the players he was sticking up for yesterday  ::)