Saturday 20th April 2024:  kick-off 12.30pm

Scottish Cup Semi-Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

SPL season to be extended

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an utter complete shambles. I sent an email to the SFA (asking them to forward it to the SPL as it appears they do not have an email address?!?!) complaining about the fact it makes a mockery of our league and nation that it is ok for some and not for others. I mean, firstly, we were denied an opportunity to postpone a game, and also, Celtic (not that I care, but for the purpose of arguments sake) a few years back had to complete their fixtures with no assistance when they lost in the final? Why the sudden change of heart. Hun Cunts.  :hammer:

Is there anyone you haven't sent an email to recently?

you could try this: http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ContactUs/0,,10002,00.html

I sent a message using that earlier in the season and got a reply within a few days.  Better than afc anyway

Is there anyone you haven't sent an email to recently?

you could try this: http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk/page/ContactUs/0,,10002,00.html

I sent a message using that earlier in the season and got a reply within a few days.  Better than afc anyway

Haha yeah I know, I've been angry a lot lately and I'll give that a go. Seems like Celtic have finally expressed their rage too. Of course its in their best interests to make Rangers play that many games within a few days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7361606.stm

Haha yeah I know, I've been angry a lot lately and I'll give that a go. Seems like Celtic have finally expressed their rage too. Of course its in their best interests to make Rangers play that many games within a few days.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/7361606.stm

Maybe it would all be for the good.  Huns get to the uefa final, so still have loads of games to play.  They get fucked over 5-0 by Munich in the final, lose out on the last day of the season at Pittodrie to lose the title by a point and then only have 1 day to prepare for the cup final, where QotS pull of the shock of the week and beat them 1-0 :thumbsup:

Maybe it would all be for the good.  Huns get to the uefa final, so still have loads of games to play.  They get fucked over 5-0 by Munich in the final, lose out on the last day of the season at Pittodrie to lose the title by a point and then only have 1 day to prepare for the cup final, where QotS pull of the shock of the week and beat them 1-0 :thumbsup:

As much as that would please me, I just worry that the huns have been lucky as fuck ALL season, something would go wrong and it would continue  :-\

I'll keep doing it until everyone on here knows how to spell LOSE  ;D

definately

we didn't get a game cancelled because motherwell didn't agree to it, so therefore if we don't agree to cancel the rangers game it will go ahead on the 18th of may?  if it doesn't then it is clearly one rule for rangers [celtic for some other stuff] and one rule for the rest of us.  will aberdeen fc refuse the fixture change? will we kick off the game on the 18th and sue rangers [or the spl] if they don't turn up? or will we just turn round and let them shag us up the arse as normal?

all I read was "waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh it's not fair"

About time they played to everyone elses rules, commonly called The Rules, rather than their own.

Could we have the funniest end to a season ever with the hun imploding in indignation as they blow the league, europe and the cup in the space of a few weeks. :thumbsup:

Totally agree re the rules GS. I was out working in garden after work and listened to all the debate/opinions about SPL's decision re extending the season on footie phone-in. My opinion at the time was that they should stick to the rules, they wanted game before Lyon postponed (? Gretna) etc etc so own fault. They entered all competitions under stated rules so why should they any rules change?

I am raging now after reading on here it effects us. Not only us, but alot of other SPL clubs too, will lose alot of money if huns get to the UEFA final.

Will the huns compensate the clubs for corporate, fans for travel/hotels booked already?, people missing games from their ST's as they have booked a holiday/can't get transport home after a mid-week game/can't get time off work??. Will they fuck!.

Why change both Arabs v huns (from 10th to 17th May) and Aberdeen v huns (18th to 22nd May) games if they get to final?!. Leave Aberdeen v huns and change only one game v Arabs?!. (Which also means -I think -that both arabs and huns can access public transport on a Thurs night after game?.

Awweee diddums, the big squad huns cannae compete in all competitions without a rule change  :hammer:

It's highly likely our SPL position would be higher if we hadn't done so well in the UEFA cup, and got to both domestic cup semi-finals (ouch!; still hurts) with our small squad.

Would be poetic justice for them to lose the SPL title against us, whenever it may be. I can but dream!  :thumbsup:

I'll bet Jimmy is stuck in 2 minds about this one.  On one hand there's a chance for his beloved Rangers to win the Uefa Cup and on the other there's a chance that he'll have to rearrange the flight to Majorca he no doubt has booked for 5pm on the 18th May.

I actually wouldn't put it past him to not be in the dugout if the game is played on the Thursday. :-\

• 2 weeks later...
Guest swaddon

Why can't they play four games in a week? Aberdeen did in 1981-82:

1/5/82 Dundee W 5-0

3/5/82 Partick Thistle W 3-1

5/5/82 Dundee United W 2-1

8/5/82 St. Mirren W 2-0

Hmm, it doesn't really make a difference to me, infact it's actualy going to make things slightly easier, though if it was any other team in the league other than themselves or Celtic then there wouldn't be the slightest chance of anything changing.

From what I understood of our situation with Motherwell, was that the SPL agreed to a change of fixture providing that both clubs agreed to it and the police gave their approval. I seem to remember that the fixture change was rejected by Motherwell due to the loss of income through corporate hospitality and ticket sales being cited as the main reason for their decision.

Now, again we have a similar situation with an SPL club requesting changes to fixtures to help themselves in Europe.

So I think we have two possibilities here:

• The SPL allowed the fixture change providing all clubs involved agreed.

OR

• The SPL made its own decision to change the fixtures, without consulting anybody - contradicting the precedent which had been set.

I don't think AFC agreed to this did they?