Saturday 30th  March 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Ross County

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

Nicholson, Miller, Aluko & Walker - all leaving

Firstly, on the news about Nicholson leaving, I think the guy should play until the end of the season and he deserves a good reception from the fans.  He's honoured his contract, he's played his part during a couple of great seasons, scored several important and very nice goals, and he's going to be a big miss next season.  The only gripe I've got is the protracted contract yes/no fiasco, but I think his mind has probably been made up for a while, and it's the club who have been waiting for the right time to break the news.

Good luck Barry wherever you end up.

Secondly, if my work allowed it I'd move to Edinburgh in a flash.  I'm happy here in Aberdeen but Edinburgh always strikes me as a lovely place to be, the nicest main street anywhere in the world without question IMO.  And I can totally see why people wouldn't want to move up here, with our joke airport that offers services to about half a dozen destinations, run down railway station, main roads with speed cameras every 500 yards, limited choice of retail and recreation facilities, freezing temperatures, inflated house prices, ignorant and narrow minded locals (not a problem exclusive to Aberdeen I grant you).  Aberdeen offers nothing more, and in a lot of cases much less than any other city in the UK can offer, and it's obvious to me that a huge percentage of non-Aberdonians living in the North East are here because of Oil industry related employment and nothing else.

Suppose thats fair enough if he ends up in Edinburgh but Nicholson will likely end up in Swindon, Nottingham, Sheffield, Blackpool, Carlisle etc.

There is a fair amount to do in Aberdeen, the quality of life is certainly better than down here in Englandshire, lower crime, less traffic, friendlier people(despite what people think), and unless you live right in the centre of a big city more to do. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say the north of england is full of friendly people. Always willing to help you, especially in Sheffield. But I agree, I wish Barry the best of luck. He's been a great servant to the club and I hope he enjoys the rest of his career, most likely at your southend's, swindons and the like. I do think he deserves to continue playing in the team as he's been one of the few to give a toss. Rest seve and play him alongside some youth who i'm sure could learn a thing or two from him.

Again, good luck Barry, I will never forget that goal against Hearts  :thumbsup:

There is no way Aluko will get a regular game in the Premiership (if Birmingham stay up) and I think it would be better for all concerned if he had another season at Pittodrie.

Walker won't be that much of a loss.

Good luck to Nicholson, he's been a consistent SPL performer for years and deserves a crack at something new.

Miller should stay.  I think he was lucky to get a move to the Dons in the first place and Calderwood has shown remarkable patience in keeping him in the team despite some terrible performances.  He's looking more like a player now, and it's time for him to repay that loyalty.

Spot on CtS !  :thumbsup:

Nicholson - Good luck to you, but fucking leave and dont turn up at the Jambos.

Miller - sign the deal or GTF

Aluko - Good luck at B'Ham - thanks for giving us the modicum of excitement this season that was Aberdeen attacking without hoofing the ball up to Miller.

Walker - Hope he gets to stay and furthermore hope he start our next 5 games from the middle of the park to let us see what he can really do in his best position. Definate potential we are ignoring.

• 2 weeks later...

Surprise surprise, Nicholson is being linked with Plymouth Argyle. Its on one of the Argyle boards and one of their fans came onto Mad to enquire about him. At least he hopefully won't stay in Scotland. Good luck to him if he goes. Also, apparently they know Clark is crap in Midfield  :o, ok at RB though.

Surprise surprise, Nicholson is being linked with Plymouth Argyle. Its on one of the Argyle boards and one of their fans came onto Mad to enquire about him. At least he hopefully won't stay in Scotland. Good luck to him if he goes. Also, apparently they know Clark is crap in Midfield  :o, ok at RB though.

Still £200k worth of crap though ;)

Should settle the "How would Aberdeen get on in the Chamionship" discussions.