Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Nicholson, Miller, Aluko & Walker - all leaving

Langfield

Maybury Diamond Considine Foster

JDV Touzani Walker Young

Mackie Maguire

till the end of the season would do. Giving Walker some games is the only way we'll be able to convince Boro to let us keep him and Jimmy has already said he can't play him and Severin together, so win-win situation.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bloo_toon_red

Seve will come good next season. It might be worth giving him a we're rest though.

Aye, his left bicep is taking a fair bit of strain.

One thing, that I admit is based a little on personal opinion, and a lot on what I have read on here, is enjoy a large selection and variety of nice restaurants. For a lot of players (if they are not into the pub/club thing) I would assume this would form a large part of their social life.

There's a whole host o good restaurants in Aberdeen, so that disnae wash wi me am afraid.

I'm moving to Aberdeen because it's drier than Glasgow.  :thumbsup:

But when future work colleagues ask me what uni I go to, Aberdeen or RGU (Glasgow), am I from Aberdeen (no) they then ask why on earth I applied for a job in Aberdeen. I found that strange that so many people seemed surprised at me applying for Aberdeen rather than Glasgow, but I've had enough of the rain.

Anyway, glad it's been announced. Least we know for sure what we've all guessed since January.

I hope Stevie gets one last game so I can say bye... :

Guest bloo_toon_red

Never mind, when you get sent to Cornton Vale for stalking him, not only will you have no need to answer those silly Aberdeen v Glasgow questions, you'll be closer to him when he signs for Killie.

Depending on who you believe, it's supposed to be between £3k and £3.5k a week.

Hibs wouldn't give Thomson or Brown more than £1.5k a week.  I doubt many of their players would be on any more than £2k.

They have allegedly broken that wage structure to give Fletcher the new deal he signed but not sure if they splash the same level of cash for Miller. Only hope of a move for Miller is 3rd/4th division (or what ever there called now) in England as he has probably not done enough to get a championship side. Can see Barry Nic going to Championship (possibly down to Plymouth with Clark and Anderson?) and Arab in the work is convinced Lovell will sign for them.

I'm moving to Aberdeen because it's drier than Glasgow.  :thumbsup:

But when future work colleagues ask me what uni I go to, Aberdeen or RGU (Glasgow), am I from Aberdeen (no) they then ask why on earth I applied for a job in Aberdeen. I found that strange that so many people seemed surprised at me applying for Aberdeen rather than Glasgow, but I've had enough of the rain.

Anyway, glad it's been announced. Least we know for sure what we've all guessed since January.

Out of interest, if your not from Aberdeen, why do you support them?

I mean alot of people who aren't from Glasgow support the old firm, but it can't be that often people from outside the Aberdeen area support Aberdeen.

I stand corrected.

All my mates from home either support the Old Firm or pretend to support Aberdeen. That means they went to the home game against Bayern Munich, but thats it so far this season.

are there in lies the problem with aberdeen, aberdonians (of which I am one) afc and scottish football

Im an Aiberdonian and when I moved fown to Edinburgh 3 years ago now, (how time flies) I actually thought that there would not be  much interest in AFC until I started speaking to Jute after the first game of that season. He duly invited me into the fold of Edinburgh based Aberdeen supporters (from the Globe) I was really, honestly surprised about the sheer amount of not just Edinburgh based support, but central bellt support in general.

Like jmo, until I moved down I didnt know any AFC supporters from outside Aberdeen and certaintly didnt hear much about them. I do now of course. :wino:

I used to get the stirling reds bus but think it is now defunct. Used to leave from Smiths Restaurant.  Still see the odd bus member at games but they now get cars as far as I know.

If you're young and live in Stirling - surely a young persons railcard is the way to travel to games.

Bound to be a few amongst the student population

Yeah, take the trains to most games, though I only know of about four other students who support the Dons.

maybe the friendly globes or guasc would let you jump on the train with them if you ask them nicely?  Mizer from the globes especially likes teenage boys!  :-*

Haha, ended up meeting up with him before a game at Ibrox. Just so happened to run into an Aberdeen fan on the train (though one who wasn't going to the game) who pointed me in the right direction.

Firstly, on the news about Nicholson leaving, I think the guy should play until the end of the season and he deserves a good reception from the fans.  He's honoured his contract, he's played his part during a couple of great seasons, scored several important and very nice goals, and he's going to be a big miss next season.  The only gripe I've got is the protracted contract yes/no fiasco, but I think his mind has probably been made up for a while, and it's the club who have been waiting for the right time to break the news.

Good luck Barry wherever you end up.

Secondly, if my work allowed it I'd move to Edinburgh in a flash.  I'm happy here in Aberdeen but Edinburgh always strikes me as a lovely place to be, the nicest main street anywhere in the world without question IMO.  And I can totally see why people wouldn't want to move up here, with our joke airport that offers services to about half a dozen destinations, run down railway station, main roads with speed cameras every 500 yards, limited choice of retail and recreation facilities, freezing temperatures, inflated house prices, ignorant and narrow minded locals (not a problem exclusive to Aberdeen I grant you).  Aberdeen offers nothing more, and in a lot of cases much less than any other city in the UK can offer, and it's obvious to me that a huge percentage of non-Aberdonians living in the North East are here because of Oil industry related employment and nothing else.

There's a whole host o good restaurants in Aberdeen, so that disnae wash wi me am afraid.

Fair enough, I was just going by personal experience and what appears to be the general consensus on here.

Certainly, from what I can gather, the variety seems to pale in comparison with what you can get in Edinburgh and Glasgow - which again pales in comparison to what you can get in London. Bigger cities = more variety, and generally more quality, and when you have two bigger cities less than an hour apart, it's easy to see why the central belt appeals. (Not just referring to restaurants).

I do like Aberdeen, so it's not a critiscism, I just think that for a large section of society, the remoteness and focus on the players (Hibs or Hearts players could go out in Glasgow, and probably not even be recognised for the most part) could be a factor.