Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

League Cup final: Aberdeen v Rangers

I didn't have the points for the initial batch and was too lazy/busy for the general. I probably average about 10 games a season between European mid weeks, away games that suit and the odd pittodrie trip so can't grumble.

The recent performances also made me question another Hampden trip to sit in the rain watching us 2 down at half time. ( I appreciate it isn't Celtic this time)

I'll turn it into Superbowl day in the house with the boys and some friends.

I am headed to Frankfurt with the boys and weirdly hoping that we can put out a second string that will be competitive. 

See Cuntwell didn't travel with the hun squad to seville for personal matters.... 

Reeks of he's had a falling out with the manager (who, 2bf, doesn't seem a sufferer of fools).  Fingers crossed for a blood bath in seville tonight to decimate their squad further 

Great win for us today, two good wins in a row to take into the final. Good win for the Huns too I’ll reluctantly acknowledge but I don’t think that mattered. Pretty sure the travel and that game took more out of their players than ours extended tonight. Plus nothing like topping your euro group and advancing to the last 16, then back down to earth with a cup final loss to wee Aberdeen.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DantheDon said:

I clicked on the comments and they were all talking about us playing Celtic which confused me. Then I realised they are all from 2018 lol. 

Yep, that confused me the last time they rolled the article out too. Think it was the Hun semi it was last used for.

13 hours ago, RicoS321 said:

The BBC have certainly got value for money from the 2014 league cup article. It's tradition to regurgitate it seems.

Robson's booze war chest

The BBC are committed to reducing their carbon footprint and saving the planet.

Rather than making unnecessary travel to conduct more interviews, they have - rather admirably I would argue - recycled some articles.

I think the words you're looking for are "thank you".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Panda said:

Rather than making unnecessary travel to conduct more interviews, they have - rather admirably I would argue - recycled some articles.

Ahh, that explains why their stories never leave Glasgow.

• Haha 1

Hopefully Miovski is fit as think him playing is key to us having any chance of winning. Personally I would start with Miovski and Sokler from the start but can see Robson opting for an extra midfielder probably Polvara to start with. Big concern for me is left back/wing back. Don’t like McGarry defensively and just don’t think Hayes has the legs for playing wing back. Hopefully Tribute Act are knackered after their game on Thursday. Not going myself as previously stated not paying £39 to watch football in Scotland. It’s not worth it even for a final. 

oot

Christmas shopping with daughter

tv

flat

2-1 Miovski and Sokler 

10 hours ago, Panda said:

I do the same thing with my jokes

2 hours ago, Kowalski said:

It’s been a very long time since I took a car to Hampden. Any advice on parking near our end?

There are parking restrictions on match day which means you need to be usually at least a 20 minute walk away.

Try to park near Glasgow Road / Mill Street. You'll be close to Dons friendly pubs in Rutherglen and it's at most a 30 minute walk to Hampden (quicker if you're sprightly on your feet).

From memory the Quarry Bar was full of Rangers fans at the semi-final last time, so avoid going there or walking past with colours on. Millcroft will have Dons fans in it though.

36 minutes ago, Panda said:

There are parking restrictions on match day which means you need to be usually at least a 20 minute walk away.

Try to park near Glasgow Road / Mill Street. You'll be close to Dons friendly pubs in Rutherglen and it's at most a 30 minute walk to Hampden (quicker if you're sprightly on your feet).

From memory the Quarry Bar was full of Rangers fans at the semi-final last time, so avoid going there or walking past with colours on. Millcroft will have Dons fans in it though.

Nice one cheers 👍

Think Miovski will start. He wouldn't be posting all his Instagram professionally done preview stuff if he thought he wasn't playing. Robson's told him he wouldn't be playing v Frankfurt so he may as well play up the injury stuff.

I think Solker and Duk will both start on the bench, and it'll be Polvara and McGrath supporting Miovski.

Hopefully MacDonald plays too.

Dons to win it 2-0, Polvara first goal.

2 hours ago, Panda said:

Hopefully MacDonald plays too

I can't make my mind up on MacDonald over Rubezic. MacDonald is a better footballer, obviously, but I think we sit deeper when he's in the team (on the little evidence we've had). I think the three with Rubezic works better, and I think it'll take us further up the pitch and make us more likely to score, but it's such a gamble because you're then only a Rubezic away from catastrophe. I think I'd toss a coin if I was Robson.

51 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I can't make my mind up on MacDonald over Rubezic. MacDonald is a better footballer, obviously, but I think we sit deeper when he's in the team (on the little evidence we've had). I think the three with Rubezic works better, and I think it'll take us further up the pitch and make us more likely to score, but it's such a gamble because you're then only a Rubezic away from catastrophe. I think I'd toss a coin if I was Robson.

I'm going to be controversial here Rico. You're gonna disagree but you'll think about it on the way down tomorrow and eventually agree with me.

I'd be inclined to start playing MacDonald over Gartenmann.

Gartenmann in a few games now, notably Hibs, Hearts and Frankfurt, so often doesn't bother his arse following the runner and gets caught out. It makes him a liability. He's actually pretty lazy.

Jensen Pollock MacDonald in January thanks.