Jump to content

Saturday 9th March 2024:  kick-off 12.15pm

🏆 Scottish Cup Quarter Finals 🏆

Aberdeen v Kilmarnock

🔴⚪️ Stand Free! ⚪🔴

League Cup final: Aberdeen v Rangers


Recommended Posts

Kinda glad Rangers beat Hearts to be honest. Aberdeen v Rangers in the League Cup is always a bit special.

I think the first ever League Cup final was Aberdeen v Rangers 1946/47. Fergie's first cup final with us was Aberdeen/Rangers 1978/79, the first final to go to penalties was Aberdeen/Rangers 87, the first cup final I remember was the 88 Aberdeen/Rangers final, first one I remember us winning was the 89 Aberdeen/Rangers final, and the first final I went to was the 92 Aberdeen/Rangers final.

Nothing to fear. We'll be underdogs, aye, but we've won two of the last three meetings with Rangers, and we've shown up well enough in big matches this season.

And we've shown yesterday that even when we're second best we have match winners in our team.

I fully expect Rangers to get the majority of the tickets but hopefully we'll at least push strongly for a 50/50 split. The whole average crowd/how many you sold for the semi, is irrelevant. Cup final, both teams are meant to have the same chance - same number of players, same numbers backing them.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tom_widdows said:

Not that I wish to defend our resident Chick Young tribute act but he is merely continuing what Wee Toon Red started AND YOU 'Large-Audrey' endorsed.
 

Oh dear, oh dear

I'm sure Manc will have got the intented meaning 😉
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

For fuck sake

One subject, one thread

See what you've created Manc 😵

For anyone under the age of 40, even those slightly older than that, 17 December could be the greatest final of their footballing lifetimes.

It's getting its own thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Panda said:

I fully expect Rangers to get the majority of the tickets but hopefully we'll at least push strongly for a 50/50 split. The whole average crowd/how many you sold for the semi, is irrelevant. Cup final, both teams are meant to have the same chance - same number of players, same numbers backing them.

It's really galling that the SFA try to justify decreasing our allocation on the basis of how many semi tickets we sold. Especially when you consider the travel involved for our fans to get down to hampden for the semi. Rangers will likely always have a bigger support then us but I would argue that a lot of them wouldn't turn out week in week out either if they were in our position. Its just another factor that entrenches the status quo in football. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DantheDon said:

It's really galling that the SFA try to justify decreasing our allocation on the basis of how many semi tickets we sold. Especially when you consider the travel involved for our fans to get down to hampden for the semi. Rangers will likely always have a bigger support then us but I would argue that a lot of them wouldn't turn out week in week out either if they were in our position. Its just another factor that entrenches the status quo in football. 

There is a good chance we can sell out a 50:50 allocation versus the scum (especially if we get a good result against them at Pittodrie at the end of the month), and so anything less is unfair. What I expect they'll do, is sell the tickets incrementally again, and then give the Hun the remainder. However this is also unfair. At the weekend, we had the North stand, the end, but also a chunk of the South too. Both the North and South offer significantly better views of the game, and so we should be offered an equal share of the best possible tickets. I've mentioned before, but I've never understood why they don't sell Hampden tickets along the pitch, rather than by end (tradition: Huns v Tims I expect). That way both sides get a good share of the best available tickets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DantheDon said:

It's really galling that the SFA try to justify decreasing our allocation on the basis of how many semi tickets we sold. 

In fairness, this is on the SPFL as it's their final.

The SFA tend to give 50/50 splits for the Scottish Cup final unless it's a Caley Thistle that have made it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The SPFL citing previous semi-final and final attendances as the reason for their lack of a 50-50 split. You're essentially comparing Aberdeen's away crowd with Rangers' home one.

So easy for someone in Glasgow to judge attendances. If they all had to go up to Aberdeen for their semis we'd see a hell of a drop in crowds.

Thought the club's suggestion of holding back the north stand to see if we sold the rest was a sensible one, but there you go.

The ticket prices are actually the biggest disappointment. £44 and £39 when one team also faces a hike from from the north-east is disgraceful pricing. Even £22 for a concession is mad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, wee toon red said:

The pricing is horrendous. They know there are enough brain dead bigots to pay whatever they ask so the rest of us have to suffer the consequences.

They probably looked at the price of our European fixtures and realised that us Dons fans are willing to pay a fortune too. 

I'd love to see the club be a bit more forceful here. Put out a statement advising fans not to buy until the opportunity of parity is offered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, RicoS321 said:

I'd love to see the club be a bit more forceful here. Put out a statement advising fans not to buy until the opportunity of parity is offered. 

If we didn't buy they would just re-allocate the tickets to Rangers fans. They know what they are doing and Rangers have more fans there because they want to give them more tickets. They just came up with a justification to dress it up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DantheDon said:

If we didn't buy they would just re-allocate the tickets to Rangers fans. They know what they are doing and Rangers have more fans there because they want to give them more tickets. They just came up with a justification to dress it up. 

Then the players refuse to play. Or we just continue to lie down to the scum and pretend that there's nothing physical possible on earth we can do. Forever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 08/11/2023 at 18:06, RicoS321 said:

Then the players refuse to play. Or we just continue to lie down to the scum and pretend that there's nothing physical possible on earth we can do. Forever. 

I would like to see it go to the court of arbitration for sport 2bh.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BigAl said:

You're just showing off because you have over 200 loyalty points 😉

Aberdeen emailed me and said "As a supporter with 200+ Priority Points you have access to tickets  etc etc"  and I thought "nice one, I have over 200 loyalty points. What great news to wake up to."

Went to the website. I don't have 200 loyalty points. 

Have complained to the club, and was delighted to hear an hour ago the person who made the error has been sacked.

Bought my cup final ticket through a supporters club.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually appears the club have messed up here.

I didn't realise it went from 200 loyalty points straight to general sale, with fans able to buy four tickets per account.

So if you haven't been to a game since the 2014 final you can buy a ticket plus three more for your pals who aren't even registered, while loyal fans who have been all season but didn't realise they went on sale at 5pm are going to miss out.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Panda said:

Actually appears the club have messed up here.

I didn't realise it went from 200 loyalty points straight to general sale, with fans able to buy four tickets per account.

So if you haven't been to a game since the 2014 final you can buy a ticket plus three more for your pals who aren't even registered, while loyal fans who have been all season but didn't realise they went on sale at 5pm are going to miss out.

 

Sounds like a real shite way to do it. A danger of Huns being in our end?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...