Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Killie v Dons

Accept the games are coming thick and fast but the lack of match thread is unacceptable Manc, particularly given you're probably around twelve hours ahead of us.

Bit of a shorter journey for me today, less than fifteen minutes door to door 😉

Killie will be pumped up for this on their shity plastic pitch and think best we will get will be a draw.

In

Walking the dog on the beach

Away End

Not sure, but nothing much.

One each (Shinnie)

No point in expecting these work shy colonial types to do anything Al. 

Fully expect a very difficult game on Sunday on that plastic carpet. McInnes will have his players up for this and I expect the manner of Thursday’s defeat to have an effect on our players. Think this will be a very difficult game. Should be making changes but Clarkson, Duncan and McDonald aside I am not convinced from what I have seen so far any others are good enough (or in Duk’s case out of form) to be on from from the start. 

12pm kick off makes this a nightmare on public transport so still not sure I will be bothering with this. 

Not sure

flat or various trains

Couch or away end

flat or various trains

1-1 Miovski

• Haha 1

Works keeping me from being on here much, I’m sure my name will be dragged further through the mud over the next few months 😂

one of the fixtures I look forward to least as it’s generally a shit fest. Think I’ve been three times and won’t be looking to add to that 😬 

I’d imagine we’ll have to be more attacking for this one as I doubt McInnes will be setting them up to dictate the play. Very interested to see who starts this, shouldn’t be duk, that’s for sure.

out

bed

bed

bed

1-1, Clarkson 

17 minutes ago, Panda said:

IMG_3073.thumb.jpeg.451da082e711464a00ee4fc443fcc397.jpeg

Robson has two teams. His league team and his European team. Wouldn't have taken much thought to predict the above.

Don't want to hear any excuses about tiredness today.

Barron and Miovski will be well rested after only playing for an hour during the week. 

Feel a bit sorry for McKenzie, who's had a good game. One poor decision and then a great finish. Very much deserved for them. As we've pointed to on numerous occasions, the directness isn't working. Rubezic appears determined to make it impossible for Roos by not taking five steps out and asking for the ball. Their strikers are just covering the angles to prevent the short pass to Gartenmann and Jensen and Roos is having to go long, which is always difficult in windy conditions and an unpredictable pitch. Barron looking good on the ball, but I don't think he's doing enough to win the second balls, neither McGrath. Maybe Clarkson for McGrath and keep the formation. I'd have Duk off, but that doesn't seem to be an option. I don't think we're likely to see width anytime soon, so hopefully Miovski will just do something out of nowhere, twice.

Long ball football again.

The tactics are reliant on the defence mistiming a long ball so Miovski or Duk can get in behind them. If that doesn't work, then hope something comes from a set-piece.

As for the goal, Mackenzie (who has been one of our better players to be fair) has to be stronger there.

Don't worry though, if we don't score in the next 25 minutes of the second half, the triple change of Sokler, Clarkson and Hayes I'n sure will change the game.

Yet another god awful watch, less interested by the week. Good results paper over the shit, plus the fact a win today (even though we won’t) would put us 4th shows how shit our league is. What if we had a tactically astute manager? I really think we have some good players and we should see much better. I’ll also add I don’t give a fuck about plucky losers, strong in Germany and unlucky during the week, means nothing. I also can’t stand watching duk, dribble flop repeat, and he’s arguably the main reason for our tactics. The long ball stuff is destroying my enjoyment of dons football.

robson shows nothing to suggest he’s the right guy for the job. Last season he motivated us to 3rd but as I stated in the spring, being a full time manager with long term goals is totally different. 
I said give Robson time but time is worrying based on the weekly performances that continue. And I’ve been one of the few saying faith and time. Do you give him the January window to help fix things, or do you give a new guy the opportunity to sign a couple to start building a team? 
not really watching today and what I see wants me to watch less. Have we had a shot on goal??

last part, the club have certainly backed the manager financially, how much patience do they have??

Edited by OrlandoDon

11 minutes ago, BigAl said:

Incapable of throwing it far enough to reach any of our players 🙄

Actually, Gartenmann is, but Jensen isn't. Either you get Gartenmann over for long throws or, ideally, stop. Our players stand in exactly the same position for Jensen's throws, as Gartenmann's despite their being a very clear 5-10metre difference in range. Of course, none of that addresses the point that we've not scored from one yet this season, and I can't think of a single chance of note being drawn from one either. 

A difficult watch. McInnes is better than the three managers we've had since, basically. Destroyed by Kennedy and Watkins with a big hoofer in the middle. Worryingly we don't have a better winger in the squad than Kennedy and the evidence suggests Watkins would get in our team, and the big lad definitely would.

Well that was turgid, woeful stuff.

I don't know how any of you can be paying to watch that utter garbage.

I took longer cleaning my bathroom at half time cause couldn't be arsed watching it all.

The long ball absolutely has to stop. We looked a tiny wee bit better when Sokler came on so drop Duk ffs and let him start on Wednesday.

Our October was all winnable domestic games and we have made no progress whatsoever.

Canny see how we progress through he semi at the this rate!!