Wednesday 1 May 2024:  kick-off 7.05pm

Scottish Youth Cup Final - Aberdeen v Rangers

Live on the BBC Scotland channel

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

ECL - Frankfurt vs Dons

Well, at least the beer should be good…such a shame that our first group stage game is probably going to be an absolute horsing. Feels odd just hoping that something will change but I’m not seeing any green shoots just yet. 

a counter attacking strategy will probably work here, just not sure we have the team to play it. Unless they’ve been fooling us all along 😂

Regardless, hoping that all those making the journey across have a class time. Sounds like there should be a decent number at least.

out

bed

work

work

5-0, no dons scorer

As Al said I have the absolute fear about this one. We don’t have the players to play the pressing game suggested by others. Frankfurt will have technically superior and fitter players in every department and we don’t even look like we have 11 fit players. I would almost be tempted to stick out a second string, take the inevitable doing and keep first 11 fresh for vital game against County on Sunday. 

Oot

Work

flat or maybe pub

Flat

5-0 no dons scorer. 

Despite the above pessimism I am still gutted I can’t go and hope those who are have a great trip.

1 hour ago, Jute said:

As Al said I have the absolute fear about this one. We don’t have the players to play the pressing game suggested by others. Frankfurt will have technically superior and fitter players in every department and we don’t even look like we have 11 fit players. I would almost be tempted to stick out a second string, take the inevitable doing and keep first 11 fresh for vital game against County on Sunday. 

Oot

Work

flat or maybe pub

Flat

5-0 no dons scorer. 

Despite the above pessimism I am still gutted I can’t go and hope those who are have a great trip.

Ach min, thought you were heading over 🙄

17 minutes ago, Jute said:

Bastard employers of mine seem to think only working 1 week in 4 is unreasonable for some odd reason. 

I've only been back at work since 8th September and away again on Wednesday.

Mind as I'm self employed I've got an extremely understanding boss 😉

Not sure who else apart from Panda & I are heading over

Any others ?

3 hours ago, BigAl said:

I've only been back at work since 8th September and away again on Wednesday.

Mind as I'm self employed I've got an extremely understanding boss 😉

Not sure who else apart from Panda & I are heading over

Any others ?

I'm not going. Was hoping to get to Helsinki but can't make that either. I'll go to the knockout rounds. 

Hopefully Robson will contact Martindale this week to get a crash course in shitfesting. Failing that, he could get him to deliver a truck of happy pills for those that make the trip. Take the heat off the players.

On 19/09/2023 at 20:27, Jute said:

Just realised that as my office has moved out from City centre I am not even going to get to see the game. As it’s a 1745 kick off. 

Not going to say if that’s a good thing or a 

Probs a good thing ha

Same as me, I don't finish till 6.15 and out with my bosses who are up from London!!