Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Did it not turn out that she was shouting at open reach guys that had nothing to do with the 5G network? Or was it a different wifie? The one I read about was abusing open reach guys because 5G was spreading coronavirus. That's the type of bollocks that allows actual issues to fly under the radar. That lunatic wifie and her conspiracy are now the response to every genuine concern around it.

I've no idea. In amongst my looking at a bunch of stuff, I tripped across some wifie giving some workers a lecture and it may well have been Openreach guys. I've no idea if the work they were doing was 5G or not, and I doubt she could've known either. It wasn't even something I read. It was a 20 or 30 second video I saw.

Even if she was a looney tune, I can hardly imagine "this type of bollocks" can have any effect whatsoever on the responsibilities of the government, which is to ensure that new technology introduced widely across the UK isn't harmful. Surely everyone knows most stuff online is a pile of bollocks? It's all about sifting through the haystack looking for the stuff that can point us towards truth. After 2 or 3 hours only of sifting, I'm already convinced the technology is potentially very dangerous and I look forward to hearing from properly qualified and/or properly informed persons (of which I'm not, yet) giving their views. Too busy picking my jaw off the deck after Trump's latest gaffes. He's amazing.

These were before tonight's further incredulity: -

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/04/our-dunning-kruger-president-trumps-arrogance-and-ignorance-are-killing-people/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Do you really believe that we won't return to work as normal within a few months? Normal service will be resumed. With a fine excuse for  the financial depression that was likely coming anyway.

Nobody can predict precisely when the lockdown will be released. I'm more intrigued with the arguments that there shouldn't have been one anyway.

We were heading for a financial depression? The last one had a concrete reason for it and was well explained in the film The Big Short. What was going to be the reason for the next one? Before the virus of course. It's going to be hell on earth financially and socially for the next few years at this rate.

Sorry Rocket, living in the US I can’t watch CNN, an incredibly biased news station. Sad, it used to be my main network until about 5 years ago, but all they do is cry about Trump all day. Don Lemon is a total prick, can’t stand him. And yes, I totally agree, it’s my understanding that 5G is dangerous, the wife has been talking about it for weeks!

Nobody can predict precisely when the lockdown will be released. I'm more intrigued with the arguments that there shouldn't have been one anyway.

We were heading for a financial depression? The last one had a concrete reason for it and was well explained in the film The Big Short. What was going to be the reason for the next one? Before the virus of course. It's going to be hell on earth financially and socially for the next few years at this rate.

The massive rise in consumer debt? Another house of cards that was just as likely to collapse as the CDO arrangement. On top of the fact that pretty much every tool a Tory government would consider using had been used up: austerity, interest rates etc. I'm not convinced it would have collapsed on its own, but there is always a disaster or fuck up on the horizon and the economy had zero resilience built in (just look at the interest rates over the last years). My own opinion is that it's a dying system, but that could take decades to happen. But we can see that it isn't a system that works when disaster strikes, so the effects of climate change or food supply shortages will be horrendous.

Sorry Rocket, living in the US I can’t watch CNN, an incredibly biased news station. Sad, it used to be my main network until about 5 years ago, but all they do is cry about Trump all day. Don Lemon is a total prick, can’t stand him. And yes, I totally agree, it’s my understanding that 5G is dangerous, the wife has been talking about it for weeks!

One man's bias is another man's truth. I think that the current crisis has extinguished the last straw of any possible doubt concerning the character of Trump, unsurprisingly given that adversity always exposes true character and this assumes there was any doubt left. I can't imagine a more perfect Dunning-Kruger example than him but what I don't get is that his approvals rating is not zero. He is clinically insane. His "joke" about "not that kind of model" yesterday when talking of hundreds of thousands dead didn't just fall flat, it bombed due to being the most crass and disgusting piece of narcissism ever uttered. Not to mention "our stockpile" and "nasty question" (again), the bizarre federal recommendation on face "masks" (scarves) but him going to lengths to say he won't be following the guidelines, all within the last 12 hours!

Stickers (well one at least) appearing around my local area declaring selected LAMPOSTS as

'5G Microwave & Class 1 Cancer Causing Radiation causing lampost'

Not sure if this is satire or stupidity given the lampost I spotted the sticker on has no mobile antenna.

200m up there road there is a mobile phone mast but perhaps they ran out of stickers

• 2 weeks later...

They're fairly going to town on these 5G masts thanks to Eamonn Holmes. The faux outrage of the phone companies is fairly sickening to hear too "all we want to do is give people their dying wishes to say goodbye to their families, assuming that they are up to date with all billing payments".

Can we add the app discussion here? I'm going to. Rocket, you could change the title to reflect.

The app is key to this shit. Getting out of it or not getting out of it. That'll be the plan. There are ways and means to create an anonymous, decentralised application and ledger/database that would ensure that we can know when we've been in contact with the diseased and we can anonymously inform that we are diseased.

What we will get is a centralised tracking database of our details, shared with "appropriate" departments and third parties. As we move toward a cashless society, everything will be connected to the app to the extent that you can't access basic services without it. And the government controls who can or can't access services as well as knowing where you are. Demonstrating against fracking/pollution/whatever in your area? Blacklisted.

Obviously, this data is already accessible by 5 eyes, but this will put it firmly in the domain of legality. What are everyone's thoughts on the future of our privacy, or lack thereof? Does anyone still parrot the "if you've got nothing to hide" bollocks?

Rico I don't think the title needs changed. They are two totally separate subjects. I don't know much about 5G so wanted to have a thread to learn about it. You're talking about contact tracing in the fight v. Covid-19 for which the use of an App may be viewed as an imposition, which I don't (because they've already got the data of where we go anyway).

One correction however. Holmes was NOT saying that 5G causes the virus. He said that the person refuting that couldn't possibly know this to be untrue, BIG difference. I've seen some wild theories in my time but I don't mind outliers, in fact they're incredibly useful. I see no link between Covid and 5G. They aren't on the same page.

Obviously, this data is already accessible by 5 eyes, but this will put it firmly in the domain of legality. What are everyone's thoughts on the future of our privacy, or lack thereof? Does anyone still parrot the "if you've got nothing to hide" bollocks?

As proof of tangential discussions happening on different subjects despite the original post being on something else, I'm not sure that I need to be worried about data on all of our movements because it's already out there (if we move with our smartphones, which most of us do).

Much as I distrust the deep state and the globalist agenda and I'm as convinced as David Icke that there are dark forces behind the scenes, I'm not as certain as him that they're clever enough to pull off what he claims. I also still believe in the power of dissent, although this may well be a rather old-fashioned view which hopefully won't be proved to be a great mistake on my part.