Saturday 27th April 2024:  kick-off 3pm

Scottish Premiership - Aberdeen v Motherwell

🔴⚪️ Come on you Reds! ⚪🔴

Dons - Hearts - Friday - 745PM

Well it's 3 points which is what we required.

Disappointing lack of urgency in the first quarter, plenty possession and much improved in second half though made things difficult by losing a terrible goal to a Hearts team that wouldn't have looked out of place in the East of Scotland juniors.

Lowe and Shinnie very good.....glad the captain signed off with a victory and got the ovationat the end he deserved for his service ( I think he will be back at some point...possibly not even that far down the line) but my M.O.M was Ball who, despite his many detractors (guys who couldn't tell a footballer from a ballet dancer) kept things simple, broke up most of Hearts attacks and used the ball simply but effectively. Joe a very lucky boy not to see red in the dying stages. Should have been subbed off anyway at half time was clearly struggling with the injury.

On to Easter Road for the final match of the season. I've said all along I expect us to need a point minimum there to secure 3rd. Hopefully Hivs do us a turn at Killie tomorrow but I'm not counting on it.

As I write....Stewart interviewed post-match, got asked about his future. Denied having anything set up anywhere as yet for next season. Hmmmmmmmmm

Good goal to win it. A draw would probably have been fair but I'll take the 3 points! Nice for shinnie to end his Pittodrie career with a win

It really wouldn't have been. We were indubitably the far better side but made things difficult with some horrendous final balls when in great positions. Michael Stewart lambasting Hearts for their style of play and approach to the game in general

A draw wouldn't have been a fair result. We maybe are not Brazil 1970 standard, but we haven't slipped as low as that bunch of hammer throwing bastards, whatever it is they take to the pitch to play it ain't football.  I think Levein will be sacked when they lose the cup final next week.

It wasn't great, but we won and just happy that we signed off at home with a win. Good to see Stewart get that goal which proved to be the winner. Thought it was a bad decision to keep Lewis on after he was assaulted twice within a space of a few minutes, you could see he was struggling, the boy Cerny was all set to come on, but saw the game out on the bench, who'd want to be a reserve goalie.

Good ovation for Shinnie at the end and I for one am going to miss him.

It really wouldn't have been. We were indubitably the far better side but made things difficult with some horrendous final balls when in great positions. Michael Stewart lambasting Hearts for their style of play and approach to the game in general

Sorry, I meant to add from what I saw in the second half. Hearts were horrific, but we weren't doing much.  Can't comment on the first half.

Had £12.50 on a 2-1 win at (15/2), £19 Lewis Ferguson Anytime Goal (9/2) and £15 Greg Stewart Anytime Scorer (3/1) albeit I lost £25 on trying to predict Hearts Anytime Goalscorer in Sean Clare (4/1).  Even took a fiver off some local Jambo taxi driver!!!!!  £188.25 profit on said evening not a bad way to end our Home schedule.   

Just me that thought Shinnie looked injured then? I thought the game mostly passed him by. I don't begrudge him the send off that he got but you'll never catch me singing that "He's one of our own" pish. Much less so after he's signed a pre-contract to fuck off elsewhere. On the whole I've loved having him in the red of The Famous and I do really like him as a player. The vocal minority banging on about how limited he is may or may not have valid points but I think they'll find that we'll miss Shinnie badly next season.

Lewis should have went off. Not convinced that a fit Joe Lewis concedes that equaliser. Seemed to take him forever to scramble across to the back post. Happy for Stewart and Wilson (despite their performances, in my opinion, also being largely shite). They did end up making a positive mark on the game.

Hearts are shite and it's shone a light (again) on how shite we were in the last game at Tynecastle. McInnes oot etc. 

Just me that thought Shinnie looked injured then? I thought the game mostly passed him by. I don't begrudge him the send off that he got but you'll never catch me singing that "He's one of our own" pish. Much less so after he's signed a pre-contract to fuck off elsewhere. On the whole I've loved having him in the red of The Famous and I do really like him as a player. The vocal minority banging on about how limited he is may or may not have valid points but I think they'll find that we'll miss Shinnie badly next season.

Lewis should have went off. Not convinced that a fit Joe Lewis concedes that equaliser. Seemed to take him forever to scramble across to the back post. Happy for Stewart and Wilson (despite their performances, in my opinion, also being largely shite). They did end up making a positive mark on the game.

Hearts are shite and it's shone a light (again) on how shite we were in the last game at Tynecastle. McInnes oot etc.

He didn't look comfortable at all in the second half, but I think he made the call to stay on as Cerny was all ready to come on. Every time he kicked the ball to Marshall before the restart you could see he was really feeling pain. Have to agree with you also that if he was fit he saves the shot which gave them the goal a few of us in the Merkland Stand thought the same thing, but thankfully it didn't cost us the three points, but still feel we shouldn't have risked it.

It may have worked for this game but apparently Lewis is hobbling around town in a knee brace. So may end up missing 90 minutes on Sunday whereas if he had came off at half time may only have missed 45 minutes (obviously this is just pure conjecture atm)

Either way....Cerny is a solid back up option, would have no worries if he had to play against Hivs whatsoever.

Indeed Cerny is a very solid backup, & has just signed a new 1 year deal :thumbsup:

Made his only appearance for us to date at Easter Road earlier in the season and did well. Cue the high profile and costly blunders on Sunday!