Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 290450 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -191
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2160 on: April 30, 2019, 11:01:11 AM »
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 12
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #2161 on: May 09, 2019, 12:41:23 PM »
Fully appreciate that Springsteen isn't everyone's cup of tea, I personally love him, this is a decent version of My City Of Ruins. The guy just gives me actual goosebumps, The Ghost Of Tom Joad & Nebraska Albums in particular.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

• Star Striker
« Reply #2162 on: May 09, 2019, 12:42:55 PM »
And a bit of Willie Watson next, saw him in Glasgow a few months ago, thoroughly enjoyed him.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 24
« Reply #2163 on: May 09, 2019, 09:44:33 PM »
 Easy cheesy listening - the California Honey drops.

Top Sax solo 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:33:34 PM by Elgindon »

• Star Striker
« Reply #2164 on: May 19, 2019, 02:32:18 PM »

• Star Striker
« Reply #2165 on: May 31, 2019, 10:02:30 PM »

Offline minijc

• Captain
  • Rating: -184
« Reply #2166 on: June 03, 2019, 05:13:42 PM »

Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
« Reply #2167 on: June 04, 2019, 06:30:25 PM »

Cant beat a bit of SRV

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #2168 on: June 04, 2019, 08:41:49 PM »
Steve warm his seat up

• Star Striker
« Reply #2169 on: June 04, 2019, 09:52:33 PM »
This guy is trying too hard to sound like Bob Dylan in my opinion. Crazy similarities.

Offline minijc

• Captain
« Reply #2170 on: June 07, 2019, 09:10:59 AM »
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

• Star Striker
« Reply #2171 on: June 20, 2019, 03:01:19 PM »
Title track from Springsteen's new Album, if anyone is interested. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
« Reply #2172 on: June 25, 2019, 06:04:03 PM »

Love this.top guitar work,if you ignore the head bangs 

• Star Striker
« Reply #2173 on: June 26, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »
Okay, so I am late to the party with The Cure, have to be honest and confess I had no idea who they were! But someone in my company had this on and I was digging it right up until the guy started singing, however, it grew on me considerably and it's easily the best 50 seconds introduction to a song ever. So much so, I have now cut it and made it my phone ringtone  :rofl:

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 16
« Reply #2174 on: June 27, 2019, 07:00:14 AM »
Okay, so I am late to the party with The Cure, have to be honest and confess I had no idea who they were! But someone in my company had this on and I was digging it right up until the guy started singing, however, it grew on me considerably and it's easily the best 50 seconds introduction to a song ever. So much so, I have now cut it and made it my phone ringtone  :rofl:

A great group, my favourite single of theirs in A Forest which has IMO one of the best bass lines ever.

Offline Elgindon

• Star Striker
« Reply #2175 on: June 27, 2019, 08:18:36 PM »
A great group, my favourite single of theirs in A Forest which has IMO one of the best bass lines ever.

My era,but I had no idea that one was by the Cure.Great tune.

Would never have known that was Robert Smith in the above clip.Looks nothing like the guy that morphed into the 'Love Cats' era.A song which makes my skin crawl unfortunately.....
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 05:24:13 PM by Elgindon »

Offline minijc

• Captain
« Reply #2176 on: July 07, 2019, 03:06:12 PM »
Catching up on a lot of Glasto sets on the iplayer.

Loyle Carner
Fat White Family
The Streets
Little Simz
Idles
Slowthai
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

• Star Striker
« Reply #2177 on: July 08, 2019, 11:40:47 AM »

• Star Striker
« Reply #2178 on: July 16, 2019, 07:08:54 PM »

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -191
« Reply #2179 on: August 05, 2019, 11:54:04 AM »
Going to see this band in Brixton. One of the best new bands this century.

As usual, Radio 6 over the past few months introduced me to them.

Ancient Sound, Modern Noise