Author Topic: What are you listening to?  (Read 240737 times)

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -163
Re: What are you listening to?
« Reply #2100 on: December 20, 2018, 08:57:35 PM »

I'll give you fish. I'll give you candy.

Enjoy.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 11
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #2101 on: January 03, 2019, 05:46:44 PM »
Wee bit of Sam Cooke

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline minijc

• Captain
  • Rating: -184
« Reply #2102 on: January 06, 2019, 10:07:28 PM »
Lovely KFP, love this from him

and I'm always partial to throwing this on
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2103 on: January 07, 2019, 09:35:20 AM »
Indeed Mini, some good classics from Sam Cooke, not long discovered his fate  :o

Speaking of classics! Some more Everly Brothers, could genuinely listen to them all day every day, nobody harmonises like them.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #2104 on: January 08, 2019, 09:59:49 AM »
Listening to 6 music. As usual. Lauren has an interesting guest on just now, Dr Hannah Fry, the girl with the unfeasibly coloured hair. She's talking about shrinkflation and how Creme Eggs and Kit Kats etc. have factually been reduced in size as the establishment seeks to make even more money out of us. She's on about fruit flies and spontaneous generation now, a tandem coming out of their discussion about Tate & Lyle's Golden Syrup but the rubric of all this talk is how numbers and mathematics are all around us, in everything.

This reminds me of a conversation with my youngest a few days ago. Disregarding modernly-advised parental convention about the need to always encourage and never criticise, she's what I call a numbers nugget. In response to one of my frequent (and often cruelly-framed) attacks, she said "maths is just a concept" and I retorted with "maths is just a construct... of man". Fortunately with her intellect and debating skills being so base and underdeveloped, she was unable to even see the error of my ways, far less express it to humiliate me greater than I humiliate her.

Online Elgindon

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 22
« Reply #2105 on: January 08, 2019, 04:29:43 PM »

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 04:44:00 PM by Elgindon »

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2106 on: January 08, 2019, 05:42:24 PM »
Guilty pleasure of mine, Savage Garden, thought they were good writers and I really enjoy Darren Hayes' voice. This is a really nice song, sadly a reality for many a man and woman.

Offline minijc

• Captain
  • Rating: -184
« Reply #2107 on: January 08, 2019, 08:08:50 PM »
Will hopefully see these lads this year
Just fuck off and die.

LIMA OSCAR LIMA

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
« Reply #2108 on: January 09, 2019, 12:11:07 PM »
Guilty pleasure of mine, Savage Garden, thought they were good writers and I really enjoy Darren Hayes' voice. This is a really nice song, sadly a reality for many a man and woman.

Quite partial to a bit of Savage Garden myself KFP  :thumbsup:
Been known to play them on my radio show from time to time.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #2109 on: January 09, 2019, 12:14:48 PM »

Love it, love it, love it. Playing on repeat  :thumbsup:
Steve warm his seat up

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2110 on: January 09, 2019, 12:35:56 PM »

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2111 on: January 09, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #2112 on: January 14, 2019, 04:19:41 PM »
6 Music just played this classic. Stu (stew) n Beans...

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -17
« Reply #2113 on: January 18, 2019, 01:30:29 PM »
New Steve Mason album is a delight.

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2114 on: January 18, 2019, 01:59:59 PM »
Fuck & Yes. Fuck yes.

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2115 on: January 25, 2019, 01:19:51 PM »
Saw this man in Glasgow on Monday night, small venue, close and personal, thoroughly enjoyed it. Well worth the £15.

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2116 on: January 26, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »
This is definitely worth a listen.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #2117 on: January 26, 2019, 12:01:23 PM »
"Mazzy Star", who I had never heard of before has a flaw. Her voice is beige, or magnolia. It's lacks character and has no edge. It is built for the background. She doesn't have enough cunt about her. I predict a big future for her, given how dumbed down society has become.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 12:05:48 PM by rocket_scientist »

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
« Reply #2118 on: January 26, 2019, 01:24:31 PM »
"Mazzy Star", who I had never heard of before has a flaw. Her voice is beige, or magnolia. It's lacks character and has no edge. It is built for the background. She doesn't have enough cunt about her. I predict a big future for her, given how dumbed down society has become.

Rocket, Mazzy Star is the group name not her name.
The track is actually from an album that was released in the early nineties  ;)
Steve warm his seat up

• First Team Regular
« Reply #2119 on: January 27, 2019, 12:57:48 PM »
Aye, it's from the 90's Rocket, literally no idea how their career went? I thought she sounded a tiny bit like Lana Del Rey, but that song in particular was decent in my opinion, suited her monotone.