Author Topic: Dons - huns - Wed  (Read 2189 times)

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 78
  • Not a Jafa
Re: Dons - huns - Wed
« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2019, 08:43:41 PM »
gallagher is still pish

Agreed. Didn't see the goal coming at all. If we can fluke a result tonight, happy days. Need to show more fight in the second.

Offline Kowalski

• Global Moderator
  • Rating: -12
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2019, 08:51:42 PM »
Game over. What a pathetic start so far. McInnes you spineless cunt.

Disagree.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -135
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2019, 08:54:00 PM »
get fkn tore into them
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline Garlogie_Granite

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 13
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2019, 09:34:12 PM »
Easiest 3/5 away win of the season coming up. Odds reduced to 1/2 this morning.
;D

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2019, 09:39:06 PM »
lucky to get draw but take it formation tactics were appalling for 35 mins vyner wont do in cm
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2019, 09:50:27 PM »
ferguson was tremendous have to
say
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2019, 10:10:56 PM »
I really didn't expect that. Consi was superb and gla dot was him that scored the equaliser. Genuinely thought we'd fucked it after the first 30 mins but kudos. Just wish they'd started like that. Still see the point in Wilson though???

Fuck you ya hun bastards 😂

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 14
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2019, 10:26:43 PM »
Given how they're currently playing, and how well they started the game ( We certainly aided them by being fucking abysmal ) it's a welcome point.

Standouts were Ash Taylor, Greg Leigh, Shay Logan & Lewis Ferguson, he was excellent, I wish that's how he played every week, grabbed that midfield by the scruff of the neck.

Always pleased to be proved wrong, and how sweet things would have been had Cosgrove nodded that chance home  :o

Have to say, that Kent looked rather strange tonight, he had plenty of tricks but everything he did was in his own half and whenever he got into our half, we dealt with him comfortably. How much did he cost?
It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline ayrshire_don74

• Star Striker
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2019, 10:34:35 PM »
kent is hugely over rated just like morelos, ferg improved as he was playing in his correct position
MR GRUMPY IS HERE

Offline baggy89

• Captain
  • Rating: 42
  • God forgives, I don't.
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2019, 10:40:03 PM »
Switched it off as the 🐀went to tap his goal in.
Have since seen our goals.
Tavenier should have had a yellow for his attempt to stop Gallaghers goal with his arm.
I have no other comment other than, we were at least as good as a pub team in various states of hangover/drunkenness, for the bit I saw.

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • Rating: 117
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2019, 11:12:44 PM »
Just read the last two pages. Don’t know why some of you fuckers bother with it at all.

Well deserved, hard fought point against (as Derek McInnes rightly said) a VERY good hun team. Fans who bothered to go along responded brilliantly once the lads got back into the game and showed their character. Bonus point.

Roll on Saturday lunchtime so the negative rhetoric and DMC bashing can start all over again once he names his team.  ::)
<< Be young, have fun, taste Christian. >>

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 76
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2019, 11:25:13 PM »
I'm very glad I didn't leave when their second went in. Great turn around. Credit to McInnes, he made the changes in midfield that got us back in to that. Shite line-up in the first place, but it's difficult to say if the change in itself was enough to throw them as they offered very little beyond Morelos diving all over the shop after that point. Gallagher was excellent after he moved central. It does make you wonder what game McInnes was watching at the weekend. He's not good at fitba, but by fuck he puts in a shift in the advanced area and his movement makes so much space for others, as well as putting their defenders under pressure and preventing the easy pass from the keeper. Keep him the fuck away from the wings.

The back four had an excellent 60 minutes once we sorted out the midfield. McKenna much more aggressive, as was Taylor and Logan upped his concentration and put in some fantastic challenges. Considine outstanding for the entire time he was on the pitch. As was Ferguson, but especially when we changed shape.

Pleasing to see us get right in their faces for a good proportion of the match, pressuring their back line and not letting them have their way. Obviously your not going to do that for 90 minutes, so it was good we kept it tight when we weren't pressing high, to the extent that we had by far the best chance of the game to win it, which Cosgrove made an airse of (he was poorer than normal, but did a lot of running).

Edit: forgot to add, for the avoidance of doubt, Wilson was horse-shite again.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:27:34 PM by RicoS321 »

Offline Panda

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 6
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2019, 11:53:30 PM »

That's my take anyway. I'm making the trip up for it - can see it being 2-2.

8)

Had a bet on it but shat it and cashed out with 20 to go as couldn't see us holding on.

Draw a decent point all things considered, but a few alarming performances tonight - McKenna in particular.

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2019, 12:08:38 AM »
 ;D

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2019, 12:13:04 AM »
Haha KFP, CtS is a classic DT'er so I wouldn't worry  ;D

I'll admit, i'd written the match off (hardly surprising after that first 35min), but kept listening / watching as the goal by Gallagher changed everything.  Pittodrie sounded great during periods of that second half.

Huns are absolutely seething, it's great.

I really hope that this proves to be a turning point in our season and proves to the team they have nothing to fear.  We were unlucky not to win that.

Online Ten Caat

• Midfield Maestro
  • Rating: 37
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2019, 12:27:13 AM »
Took the dog out for a walk when they scored their second....got back in at half time expecting to be watching the Apprentice for the rest of my evening's entertainment to be (almost) pleasantly surprised to find we had pulled a goal back. So watched the second half more in hope than expectation. I certainly didn't think that line up we sent out had one goal in them never mind two but whaddya know? We actually started to get in their faces and in the words of Corporal Jones...." they do not like it up 'em"

Still can't fathom how Cosgrove contrived to put that header wide, and although sevco were denied a stonewall penalty, we were well worth a share of the points at full time. Gallagher got m.o.m. Whilst there was no doubt his second half display was night and day compared to his first 40 minutes, it was Ferguson who provided the impetus for our revival and to me was streets ahead of everyone else.

I got my wish for Taylor to return! And he has done his prospects no harm of keeping his place for the time being, at least till Ojo returns and Leigh gets put back to left back. Or will we sign Leigh permanently and find him the second LB that MvInnes permanently turns into a midfielder? Vyner however must never play in midfield again. He's a decent defender but just looks lost further forward.

As ever after dropped points....sevco media is a hoot to tune into. GIRFUY ya mutant pondlife! And the Edinburgh clubs continue to provide comedy on a weekly basis ana. See you at the weekend Hobos!

Offline CtS

• Captain
  • In like Flynn.
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2019, 12:28:21 AM »
I don’t frequent DT as much as I used to, or as much as I’d like to - I honestly find the constant negativity towards the manager, and the club in general, draining and boring. Maybe it’s because I’m old. Donstalk used to be THE place for well informed, balanced afc debate. And it’s nice to see some of my old favourites are still here, Kow, Big Al, Manc, to name a few.....but the build up to this match and even the posts during the first half are like torture for an upbeat, optimistic, (and handsome) dandy like me. Posters on here are criticising the manager for talking up the opposition, but I find the berating of our own players and staff in this thread far more damaging and insulting.

I’m definitely not gloating.

Offline KennyFuckinPowers

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 14
  • 2 Kinds of trouble in this world, living, dying.
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2019, 02:25:34 AM »
Comment removed.

CtS, if I caused offence, which judging by your reply, I didn't  :rofl: , then I apologise.

It's a math class, the whole deal. Just like every math class, there's a clown in the front, and everybody hates this clown because he raises his hand, he's answering all the questions. What do we do? Move on. Just fucking move on, ready or not. He's deciding we got to move on, he knows his math, I hadn't even figured out about Santa Claus yet.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2019, 06:19:00 AM »
I don’t frequent DT as much as I used to, or as much as I’d like to - I honestly find the constant negativity towards the manager, and the club in general, draining and boring. Maybe it’s because I’m old. Donstalk used to be THE place for well informed, balanced afc debate. And it’s nice to see some of my old favourites are still here, Kow, Big Al, Manc, to name a few.....but the build up to this match and even the posts during the first half are like torture for an upbeat, optimistic, (and handsome) dandy like me. Posters on here are criticising the manager for talking up the opposition, but I find the berating of our own players and staff in this thread far more damaging and insulting.

I’m definitely not gloating.

Our tactics against the Glasgow teams in recent years have been awful, and with minimum return. Last year the exception against the hun obviously. But I don’t see how you can have a go at the fans after that first half, and two terrible goals. Delighted we got something from the game, but patches over the obvious cracks yet again in my opinion. I don’t see myself as a negative cunt, just realistic having watch us in decline over the last 2-3 years.

Offline TheDeeDon

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 18
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2019, 06:57:53 AM »
Well we snatched a draw from the jaws of defeat, but we were awul for the first 30 minutes.

It's amazing how the team plays better when we have a go at teams.

Rangers are a decent enough team who are well organised and have players who play in their correct positions, which usually makes a difference, but we showed last night they are far from unbeatable. Menatality plays a huge part in getting anything of the Glasgow two, but we didn't show the right menatality until we were two down.

I hope we can sign a decent midielder in the window as our midfield is a huge problem for us with neither Ojo or Bryson fit and Gleeson clearly out of the picture and Campbell just doesn't seem ready at the moment and would benefit from a loan spell in the Championship.

Ever since he was out due to suspension I think Ferguson has looked very good for us and was one of our better performers again last night.