Author Topic: Shinnie  (Read 20480 times)

Offline BigAl

• SAGA Subscriber
  • Administrator
  • Rating: 204
Re: Shinnie
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 08:36:53 PM »
Might not have came across on TV but the majority were chanting "Gordon Strachan's Tartan Army".

No offence meant  Stewart, know you follow the national team, but anyone backing Wee Chesney has the team they deserve.
Steve warm his seat up

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
  • Rating: 74
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2016, 08:53:07 PM »
Get a room

It's a Room, with an upper case R

Offline tlg1903

• Captain
  • Rating: 52
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2016, 10:50:46 PM »
Love knows no punctuation Rico
Decided to start a football blog, feel free to have a read here.

http://foxintheboxon.blogspot.co.uk/?view=flipcard

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
  • Rating: -192
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2016, 02:42:18 AM »
Well well. At tonight's Scottish Golf Awards in Edinburgh, my ears pricked up that Strachan was in attendance. I decided that I would go past his table and say loudly/ shout Graeme Shinnie at him. After dinner when he got called up to present a trophy to Russell Knox - who wasn't there but sent an excellent video message in lieu, a wonderful human - he ended up presenting the trophy to his sister who was a co-presenter. I was all eyes to see which direction he was heading to the stage from, so I could go past his table later, although I could have easily deduced this from the multiple table planner charts on the walls of the bar outside, going to S and getting the table number this way.

I didn't need to. Dougie Vipond did it bonny. His first words to Strachan when the wee ginger nut job came up was "I've just had a text from Derek McInnes. Two words. Graeme Shinnie". Strachan responded with two words of his own "Kieran Tierney". I actually thought I heard him say "Luke Tierney" but surely he's not so far gone he can't remember his own squad?

If there was any doubt of his utter madness, he buried those doubts tonight. He said - of the Inspiration award winner, a soldier who lost his leg in Helmand and who was an amazing guy who told us his artificial one cost 60 grand - that we should borrow that leg for the world cup. Then he said that he's got players not even worth 60 grand. He then tried, and succeeded, in ingratiating himself to the crowd (remember the 95% principle, I wisna buying any of it) by saying how wonderful golf is (and how much he hates it, referring to the infuriatingly frustrating nature of it, particularly if played like a non-expert which he undoubtedly will be) and that if it was a choice between Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle and a golf tournament, he would watch the golf every time. He then quipped that if it was Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle then he would rather watch Jeremy Kyle.

As if that doesn't beggar belief from a "football professional", he completed his insanity and reinforced his contrariness for the sake of it by his choice of dress sense. It's a black tie event, as he well knows as he's been to this before. He's in this horrible tweed-like 3 piece suit (that probably cost a lot) and pale blue tie but worst of all, a waistcoat with disgusting wide lapels. Who the fuck does this midget think he is and how can a total fruitpiece like him ever hope to garner respect from ambitious footballers, which the best in the country would be by default. The boy's a total joke.
Ancient Sound, Modern Noise

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2016, 03:07:38 AM »
I bought this card in the Quirky Coo in Dundee this afternoon, one of a batch I got, killing time cos I was going to be too early in Embra and a daughter in France needing fed with regular handwritten nonsense from her dad: -

We got Strachan from Dundee. I know he's from some slum part of Edinburgh but I quite liked the card anyway. My favourite from that shop thus far is a cartoon bunny reading Watership Down and he says "Fucking Hell".

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 03:12:37 AM »
Give the cunt his due though. I entered his shop in bow tie and dinner suit, aye, at half past four!

Aye aye, quirky coo mannie says I. You didn't have to bother, he says.

Then when I'm paying he says anywhere nice? I'd rather sit in the bath and stab my feet with a breadknife says I. A bit of a conversation killer and perhaps a tad miserable, I immediately reflected so followed it up with something like, aye, not a serious stabbing and he comes back with, oh right, just a gentle jab.

The guy's fucking brilliant, as you can imagine from his trading name. Thanks to a poster on here for recommending it.

Offline rocket_scientist

• Club Legend
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2016, 03:18:20 AM »
Don't say I'm not good to you...

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 10:32:55 AM »
If there was any doubt of his utter madness, he buried those doubts tonight. He said - of the Inspiration award winner, a soldier who lost his leg in Helmand and who was an amazing guy who told us his artificial one cost 60 grand - that we should borrow that leg for the world cup. Then he said that he's got players not even worth 60 grand. He then tried, and succeeded, in ingratiating himself to the crowd (remember the 95% principle, I wisna buying any of it) by saying how wonderful golf is (and how much he hates it, referring to the infuriatingly frustrating nature of it, particularly if played like a non-expert which he undoubtedly will be) and that if it was a choice between Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle and a golf tournament, he would watch the golf every time. He then quipped that if it was Motherwell v. Patrick Thistle then he would rather watch Jeremy Kyle.

Unacceptable from a national manager. You should have recorded it and put it on youtube. The press would go mental. Oh no, that's right, they couldn't give a fuck about anything not involving the scum, and would find the national manager talking down our game as hilarious and useful.

Reminds me of the time I witnesses John Rowbotham doing an after dinner. Talked of giving decisions against certain players and teams he didn't like. Confirmed everything you need to know about refs. Total cunt of a man.

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 45
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2016, 04:52:28 PM »
Scotland assistant coach Mark McGhee claims there is no room for Aberdeen defender Graeme Shinnie in the squad.

From the BBC gossip webpage

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Cunt of a man, basically saying he'll never get a cap whilst WGS and McGhee are there!
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline Edinburghdon

• Captain
  • Rating: -12
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2016, 05:58:26 PM »
https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/sport-editors-picks/869237/undefined-headline-1599/

Sign InSubscribe
HOMENEWSWATCHSPORTBUSINESSLIFESTYLEP&J+JOBSENERGYCARSMORE

The Press and Journal
 Subscribe today for 99p
HOMENEWSWATCHSPORTBUSINESSLIFESTYLEP&J+JOBSENERGYCARSMORE

SPORT
Mark McGhee explains Charlie Mulgrew is keeping Graeme Shinnie out of Scotland squad
23 March 2016 by Andy Skinner
0 comments
Scotland assistant manager Mark McGheeScotland assistant manager Mark McGhee
Scotland assistant manager Mark McGhee claims there is no room for Aberdeen defender Graeme Shinnie in the squad.

The left back was overlooked by manager Gordon Strachan for tomorrow’s game against Czech Republic and Tuesday’s match against Denmark, despite a string of impressive performances for the Dons this season and with Caley Thistle last term.

Although the 24-year-old was included in the squad for European qualifiers against Poland and Gibraltar towards the end of last year, he was not handed his first cap.

Former Dons manager McGhee says Hull City defender Andy Robertson and Celtic’s Charlie Mulgrew have sewn up the position between themselves for the double-header, meaning there was no place for the Aberdeen defender.

When asked why neither Shinnie nor Rangers captain Lee Wallace, who has also impressed for the league leaders in the Championship this season, had been called up McGhee said: “We can’t accommodate everyone in every position.

“Andy Robertson, for instance, has done brilliantly. Charlie Mulgrew will play left back as well.

“We can’t have everyone in the squad. Mulgrew and Robertson are the ones in possession. There is no place for those other players.

“I could name another dozen people who could be in. But Gordon has to pick a squad that he thinks is right and he wants to learn as much about as he possibly can and he has picked the ones that he thinks are right.”

Dons manager Derek McInnes was among those to query why Shinnie’s outstanding club form has not been recognised but McGhee says uncapped players such as the Aberdeen defender should not feel disheartened at not being part of the squad until qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia begins in September.

McGhee added: “The critical thing for players is when Gordon comes to name the squad for the Malta game when the campaign starts.

“Then people can start to worry if they’re not in it or ask the question about why someone’s not in it.

“At this stage, we’re just trying to gain as much knowledge as we possibly can and at the same time keep a balance of the squad that makes us able to be competitive and do well in the games.”

Mulgrew?! Shocking...

Offline Jute

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 17
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2016, 08:04:36 PM »
That interview just confirms what an utter clown McGhee is. Also suggests he and the ginger clown will be gone sooner rather than later. If they honestly think Mulgrew is a better player than Shinnie then there is no chance they will put together a team capable of getting out of the group.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2016, 08:10:36 PM »
They are just another reason why you shouldn't give a fuck about Scotland anymore. Never picked on merit and the fact that child neglecter is even in the squad is all you need to know. He has been shite for the tims.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 51
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 08:28:18 PM »
No one think to ask why Mulgrew is still 'in possession' when he has been an integral part of squads who have consistently failed?
It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline RicoS321

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2016, 10:29:21 PM »
More importantly, Mulgrew isn't even a left back these days, hence the reason they wanked on about thon useless Tierney fuck. Fair enough pick Mulgrew due to our dearth of good centre halves, but to suggest he's a better left back than Shinnie is ridiculous - he just isn't.

Offline LA-Don

• Star Striker
  • Rating: 23
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2016, 05:06:12 PM »
Didn't see the game today, just saw highlights, but Shinnie creates the first goal, quality cross as he did in the previous round. While I certainly rate him as a left back I've never pushed him to be a midfielder for Scotland. Why not left or central mid? As much as we tend to write him off for being a left back out of position he's doing well for in central mid for the second top team who just reached a final. He plays every week, is fit, and plays with the passion, drive, and confidence our national team so sadly lacks. Plus he's a natural leader. Why not play him in central or left mid if wee gordy insists in Robertson, Tierney, or Wallace at left back. Best signing we've had in years (permanent signing), doesn't get the credit he deserves from those out side of dons fans.

Offline Ritchie

• Under 19's
  • Rating: 0
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2016, 05:15:21 PM »
Pretty valid comment in my mind LA don. From a left midfield perspective he is certainly able n ample to assist in defensive and  attacking duties with whichever left back the ginge prefers. Would Provide ready made in the game (or bench) cover for any on field subs/formation changes n as stated has real drive/leadership qualities..... shame he wears a red strip in north oh scotland!

One of 2 other colours and he'd be a stick in!

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
  • Rating: 10
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2016, 09:47:00 PM »
Shinnie was poor today.

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 77
  • Not a Jafa
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
Shinnie was poor today.

Really?  I actually thought he should be man of the match...I was genuinely shocked it was McLean.

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2016, 03:29:38 PM »
I thought Shinnie,Rooney,McGinn & Hayes were all poor t.b.h.  Why Storey wasnt on earlier was baffling.
D.M defo has his favourites though & is reluctant to sub them regardless of how they are playing.

Offline A llad insane

• First Team Regular
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2016, 03:38:10 PM »
Ive spoke to a few guys this morning regarding their m.o.t.m yesterday, & i've heard Considine,O'Connor,Shinnie & Maddison mentioned   ;D