Author Topic: Managers in England  (Read 108066 times)

Offline 14Fosters

• First Team
  • Rating: 16
Re: Managers in England
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2010, 01:55:57 PM »
Liverpool fans I have spoken to, or seen on other forums seem to have Kyrgiakos as your most consistent performer this year.  Pretty much sums up the state of Liverpool at the current time...

Offline Roberto

• Under 21's
  • Rating: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
And most of them wanted to keep Rafa...

I actually think Lucas is a decent player, attempting to prove it by saying a load of folk on an internet forum agree maybe isn't the best back up in the world, however.

On RAWK there is a massive thread on Lucas, and about 90% of people share the same view as myself. Also Liverpool fans I've spoken to around voice the same opinions as myself.

If not a huge 100 page-ish thread on Lucas, where else you recommend going for an opinion? I can't exactly say 'aye well this guy I was speaking to' because there isn't evidence I've actually spoken to that person.

I can only go on stats and what is written on RAWK, I'd say they are valid enough.

Most wanted to keep Rafa AT THE TIME because there was a bigger picture in the matter, his time has come and gone though - and Roy is taking us further down to verging on (well it is after yesterday) laughing stock.

Fosters - Yeah the Greek has been very consistent for Liverpool and it's come as a shock even to myself.

Offline Roberto

• Under 21's
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2010, 02:02:48 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/dec/30/five-things-learned-premier-league

Are the media finally beginning to see the light. Written by a West Ham fan.

^^^ I laughed at that youtube until they mentioned Martin O'Neill.

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
  • Rating: 53
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2010, 02:20:00 PM »
On RAWK there is a massive thread on Lucas, and about 90% of people share the same view as myself. Also Liverpool fans I've spoken to around voice the same opinions as myself.

If not a huge 100 page-ish thread on Lucas, where else you recommend going for an opinion? I can't exactly say 'aye well this guy I was speaking to' because there isn't evidence I've actually spoken to that person.

I can only go on stats and what is written on RAWK, I'd say they are valid enough.

Most wanted to keep Rafa AT THE TIME because there was a bigger picture in the matter, his time has come and gone though - and Roy is taking us further down to verging on (well it is after yesterday) laughing stock.

Fosters - Yeah the Greek has been very consistent for Liverpool and it's come as a shock even to myself.

And even if you have spoken to said person, why should their opinion hold sway over anyone's opinion on here, other than you happen to agree with it? I do see your point.
But there have been multiple pages of stuff on here I do not agree with, or on Mad or on the Hat, doesn't mean it's right, does it? Your opinion is still just your opinion, no matter how many hold the same view.

What was the bigger picture with Rafa then - just the Hicks and Gillett stuff?

It's not about escaping. It's about getting out with a bit of dignity.
If you're in it, don't fucking moan about it, make it yours and leave a mark

Offline Roberto

• Under 21's
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2010, 02:35:35 PM »
And even if you have spoken to said person, why should their opinion hold sway over anyone's opinion on here, other than you happen to agree with it? I do see your point.
But there have been multiple pages of stuff on here I do not agree with, or on Mad or on the Hat, doesn't mean it's right, does it? Your opinion is still just your opinion, no matter how many hold the same view.

What was the bigger picture with Rafa then - just the Hicks and Gillett stuff?

Yeah fair play.

The bigger picture was that yeah. I wanted Rafa to go, I was one of those - however at the time it happened it was wrong decision to make because Roy Hodgson was touted by the media for him to get the job not long before Rafa was sacked - and that's what happened, and look what's happening now? The media in theory got Roy the job.

At the time Rafa was holding the cards to get rid of the owners and he was with the fans in the fight, he knew they were being outed and it was only a matter of time. He should have been given another season under new owners, if it didn't work - then it was time for him to go. I doubt Rafa would ever have let Liverpool slip to 19th place in the league and playing as badly as they are now, no way.

The way it was handled was wrong and the fact Roy was being touted before Rafa was out scared me and I did not at the time he was sacked want him to be sacked (does that make sense). Months before I did want him to go, when managers of a good calibre would have been available (I wanted Pellegrini).

It was the timing that was wrong, and look at the state of them now? It's truly awful, but hey it's all Rafa's fault according to the media. It's the fact Rafa changed his team around week in week out (despite Fergie and other managers changing their teams more than Rafa ever did - I think Fergie is at 154 changing his team around week after week). According to the media it's all the fault of Rafa just simply because Roy is the media darling and it's sickening.

All said and done, right now I don't want Rafa back but he's better than Woy fucking Hodgson!!!

That make sense, rather tired?

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 03:01:35 PM »
Yeah fair play.

The bigger picture was that yeah. I wanted Rafa to go, I was one of those - however at the time it happened it was wrong decision to make because Roy Hodgson was touted by the media for him to get the job not long before Rafa was sacked - and that's what happened, and look what's happening now? The media in theory got Roy the job.

At the time Rafa was holding the cards to get rid of the owners and he was with the fans in the fight, he knew they were being outed and it was only a matter of time. He should have been given another season under new owners, if it didn't work - then it was time for him to go. I doubt Rafa would ever have let Liverpool slip to 19th place in the league and playing as badly as they are now, no way.

The way it was handled was wrong and the fact Roy was being touted before Rafa was out scared me and I did not at the time he was sacked want him to be sacked (does that make sense). Months before I did want him to go, when managers of a good calibre would have been available (I wanted Pellegrini).

It was the timing that was wrong, and look at the state of them now? It's truly awful, but hey it's all Rafa's fault according to the media. It's the fact Rafa changed his team around week in week out (despite Fergie and other managers changing their teams more than Rafa ever did - I think Fergie is at 154 changing his team around week after week). According to the media it's all the fault of Rafa just simply because Roy is the media darling and it's sickening.

All said and done, right now I don't want Rafa back but he's better than Woy fucking Hodgson!!!

That make sense, rather tired?

Aye,  I can see your point.  Personally speaking, I don't like the way Benitez manages. He's too much into the Pro-zone stuff and all that. No doubt these things are handy tools for coaches these days but part of management and all football has to be about gut feeling - whether that's a midfielder just knowing when to make a run into the box or a manager leaving his star player on even though he's flagging.

Two seasons ago, the game at Reading (I think) which was 0-0 and he took off Gerrard with 20 mins to go or something like that because his Pro-Zone stats were down... that's an appalling decision (and there were many like them in that run in) and said to me that he doesn't trust his own judgement of the game. Gerrard is far and away Liverpool's best and most consistent top level performer, if you need a goal you keep him on the park.  Simple as that.

Then, when Liverpool had effectively chucked it away, he let them play in a less rigid way and they showed what a good team they could be - not many teams beat Fergie's United 4-1 at Old Trafford. I think if i were a Liverpool fan, I'd have been wanting him out there and then, he blew the league title for you and the season after pretty much showed in my eyes the effect of it - similar to Aberdeen in 91/92 after the last day defeat to the huns in 1991.

He can't moan about not getting money to spend, he spent a shit load of cash, and net spending doesn't make a blind bit of difference here; for the amount he spent alone he should have built a far better squad.

And you know yourself why Fergie doesn't get stick for tinkering with his team; they generally win, and he has the trophies to prove it. The important bit is how it's changed i.e. very rare for the back four to change weekly etc.

Offline s1dnk

• Bench Warmer
  • Rating: 2
  • I'll take pleasure in gutting you boy!
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2010, 02:24:09 PM »
Hodgson now apologises to the Liverpool fans, too little too late although he should be more worried about the players, if the players perform then the fans will have nothing to moan about.
There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth.

Offline Harcus

• Captain
  • Rating: 9
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2011, 04:53:16 PM »
George burley gone from palace today

Offline TENEMENTFUNSTER

• Manager
  • Rating: 238
  • Prancing about naked, bold as brass!
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 04:59:32 PM »
George burley gone from palace today

Aye saw that, rogered 3 scud today.
Moaning faced, tight-fisted, Aberdonian cunts!

Tuckers Law - If some cunt can fuck something up that cunt will pick the worst possible time to fucking fuck it up because that cunt's a cunt!

Offline Millertime

• First Team
  • Rating: 1
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 02:23:25 AM »
sacked by palace

lol

Offline caledonia

• Star Striker
  • Rating: -55
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2011, 03:37:33 AM »
Job for Chris Hughton maybe

Offline manc_don

• Administrator
  • Rating: 75
  • Hi Chris.
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »
Job for Chris Hughton maybe

Been suggested in BBC gossip this morning.

Offline nellie_boy

• Under 19's
  • Rating: 2
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 02:03:19 PM »
Another had his legged chopped apparently

Pos    Team                              P    Pts
1    Brighton and Hove Albion    22    43
2    Southampton                    22    37
3    Bournemouth                    22    36
4    Huddersfield Town            23    36
5    Charlton Athletic            22    34
6    Sheffield Wednesday            22    33

Parkinson gone - 1 win in 8 but still in play-offs spot only 3 points from automatic promotion

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11719_6634497,00.html

Offline Harcus

• Captain
  • Rating: 9
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2011, 03:43:57 PM »
Hutchings sacked from Walsall as well.

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 41
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »
Paul Simpson gone from Stockport
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline Roberto

• Under 21's
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2011, 05:48:30 PM »
Stewart Kean will be the next to be punted in the Premiership I reckon.

Shooglys in no particular order:

Stewart Kean (a nobody)
Carlo Ancellotti
Roy Hodgson
Avram Grant (although bought himself time and doing well).

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 06:12:38 PM »
Stewart Kean will be the next to be punted in the Premiership I reckon.

Shooglys in no particular order:

Stewart Kean (a nobody)
Carlo Ancellotti
Roy Hodgson
Avram Grant (although bought himself time and doing well).

According to this week's Guardian podcast, replacement managers for Hodgson have been sounded out about a move in the summer, but they seem to think it's unlikely any move will be before then.

Also saw the other day that the FA met with the Gambling Commission (think that's what they're called) in a bid to end the "Next Manager to Leave His Post" and "The Next Manager of X Club" markets.

Offline maverick sheep

• Captain
  • Rating: -120
  • iViva la diddy federaciĆ³n!
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 07:02:54 PM »
According to this week's Guardian podcast, replacement managers for Hodgson have been sounded out about a move in the summer, but they seem to think it's unlikely any move will be before then.

Also saw the other day that the FA met with the Gambling Commission (think that's what they're called) in a bid to end the "Next Manager to Leave His Post" and "The Next Manager of X Club" markets.

To be fair, I'll bet a cunt like Mike Ashley would lump a fair sum on his own manager being the next to be punted at decent odds.
"The revolution will inevitably awaken in the British working class the deepest passions which have been diverted along artificial channels with the aid of football."

Offline Madbadteacher

• Club Legend
  • Rating: 41
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2011, 08:18:31 PM »
Apparently the chicken farmers at Blackburn want to offer Kean a "long term deal", or so it said on BBC rumours  ???
CO100
H2S25
CH450
O218

Offline BobbyBiscuit

• Manager
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2011, 08:35:50 PM »
To be fair, I'll bet a cunt like Mike Ashley would lump a fair sum on his own manager being the next to be punted at decent odds.

They claimed it was because the markets were undermining to the managers involved.

But I'd say the truth is as you say... easy as fuck to exploit for your own good.